Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used these on my M3, and plan to use them on my MS: Calif. HOV Under Stickers Protection Film (Gen. 2)
I remember seeing a product that was PPF (Xpel) cut to the shape of these stickers so that they could at least be more easily peeled off when the stickers expire. Does anyone have a link or know who sells these PPF stickers (or have a better solution that is hopefully more like a quick remove magnet than the PPF option)? Also, does anyone know if there is an issue putting PPF stickers on PPF (i.e. can you remove a sticker from a sticker or at that point is it not worth it)?

Made my own with Cricut. Worked out great. Could barely see the seams in the SunTek so unlikely anyone would try to remove.

With so many people having EDDs in Jan/Feb, I would hope we will start seeing a lot of VINs being issued over the next week or so. Seems way too quiet here as far as new VINs go! It doesn't seem like the 2-week shut-down materialized, but we definitely seem to be in a Pause between the frantic EOY deliveries and the next wave of Jan/Feb deliveries...
Any flyovers posted yet?

I read on several TMC threads that delivery of my S ordered last January would be in February. No March. No April. May at the latest. It came in June.

There are a lot of opinions/rumors on here but no one has any actual knowledge of what Tesla is doing - if they did they are in a position to not disclose it. I would not make any life decisions based on what I read on this forum. Just get the car. They will change the lights in March but then something else new will come along that is "worth" waiting to get. Always FOMO with Tesla. I can easily say this because I have my car and I have no issues with the headlights or tail lights.
i think this is exactly like buying a computer - at least pre-covid the prices always dropped, so it was a question of buying what you need "now" versus waiting a few months and getting a more powerful machine for less money.
I completely agree with the FOMO. Glad to hear the headlights are good.

follow up - funny, i had a bug up my butt to get screen protectors (i'm a worrier) and the protectors and the video seem to have dropped today - i think it's meant to be.
i was going to get the matte elonaccessories, but this looks like it fits the bill, has the installation guide, that super silk screened frame, and is cheaper - so, the last question is getting the phone holder they carry - looks pretty amazing too - not sure if i'd use it or not, but since it has qi, i have the option of charging down below, or charging with the phone in sight (i'm thinking waze)
here's the link:
1641418501950.png

any thoughts?

Love the new TMC name. Good decision to change from @2021Plaid in 2022 hah... Cheers :)
Yup! It's timeless too IMO!👇
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨Ok guys I have decided on and have been approved to (with the gracious assistance of @danny) a new name: EndlessPlaid!!🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
This name is inspired by my all time favorite feature of the Model S Plaid and the Plaid powertrain in general: Its nearly endless output of power with its nearly flat power curve!!!!!!

2021plaid becomes EndlessPlaid!

• Love
Reactions: jebinc and Drew-MS
follow up - funny, i had a bug up my butt to get screen protectors (i'm a worrier) and the protectors and the video seem to have dropped today - i think it's meant to be.
i was going to get the matte elonaccessories, but this looks like it fits the bill, has the installation guide, that super silk screened frame, and is cheaper - so, the last question is getting the phone holder they carry - looks pretty amazing too - not sure if i'd use it or not, but since it has qi, i have the option of charging down below, or charging with the phone in sight (i'm thinking waze)
here's the link:
View attachment 752364
any thoughts?
That's where I installed mine. Tbh I find it a little distracting so I haven't really been using it.

Since it’s after 6 pm, feel it’s safe to go OT. Have you watched American Auto on NBC? I watched the first episode last night and found it amusing. I snorted violently while viewing the new model reveal.
No program changes, until @uthatcher and 2021plaid, I mean @EndlessPlaid, start the Tesla gushing!

MY LONG RANGE UPDATED TO TRACK MODE TODAY

Except it is called Mall Mode and it did raise the top speed to 37.5mph

Other official release notes include:
- Thermals: The heat pump system heats and cools more aggressively, maximizing Starbucks Drive-Thru endurance and performance. Enable post-drive cooling to shorten wait times in tail-gating.

- Drive Systems: Torque vectoring authority (if it existed) is increased across the front motor, elevating one's sense of enlightenment. The accelerator pedal allows more precise torque control, and regenerative braking power is strengthened to piss more drivers in the rear while trying top coast on freeway.

- Suspension: Adaptive damping reduces vehicle motions, improving handling and promoting driver confidence but you already knew that fact. Ride height is automatically set to 'Low-Rider' upon drive off.

- Display: A mall-focused interface includes a parking meter timer, G-meter (real-time accelerometer) - never gets past 0.1, vehicle thermals monitor, Dashcam video capture, vehicle telemetry capture - not hard when forward at those slow speeds, and offers customization options.

I honestly have not explored all the options yet - it just downloaded.

MY LONG RANGE UPDATED TO TRACK MODE TODAY

Except it is called Mall Mode and it did raise the top speed to 37.5mph

Other official release notes include:
- Thermals: The heat pump system heats and cools more aggressively, maximizing Starbucks Drive-Thru endurance and performance. Enable post-drive cooling to shorten wait times in tail-gating.

- Drive Systems: Torque vectoring authority (if it existed) is increased across the front motor, elevating one's sense of enlightenment. The accelerator pedal allows more precise torque control, and regenerative braking power is strengthened to piss more drivers in the rear while trying top coast on freeway.

- Suspension: Adaptive damping reduces vehicle motions, improving handling and promoting driver confidence but you already knew that fact. Ride height is automatically set to 'Low-Rider' upon drive off.

- Display: A mall-focused interface includes a parking meter timer, G-meter (real-time accelerometer) - never gets past 0.1, vehicle thermals monitor, Dashcam video capture, vehicle telemetry capture - not hard when forward at those slow speeds, and offers customization options.

I honestly have not explored all the options yet - it just downloaded.
🤣🤣 @jebinc