Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
fingers crossed this time. but then again, they did this to me before....at least I'm told they actually built this one.
8E7A692A-89D3-4D8D-92E2-BA8599EEF099.jpeg

I would kinda think the name would be enough lol to know what you're in for! 🤣
Oh yea. I def know what I'm in for in the issues thread. I've been "in service" since 12/22, and was at the detail shop for a week before that. Latest update though. They have the parts finally, but there's other cars in front of mine so no ETA when they'll actually start fixing my car. I wish I was just still waiting hah
Screenshot_20220111-202651.png

I feel bad for those who are coming here to get delivery updates. Isn’t there a place to gush or cuss and discuss all the future changes other than here?

I know we have a lot us who have been reading these pages since early last year but there is always a new crop of own recent buyers who probably are confused or intimidated by the conversations here.

Is there a better way to split this so current owners who already have their new cars and are dealing with the next level issues are not stopping those just looking for shared experiences of what new buyers can expect or should know about from getting what we all receive 6 months ago from this group? I don’t post much but I try to read these pages every day and appreciate the great knowledge, passion and helpfulness for this group.

Don't let all that rain get you down bud.

Oh yea. I def know what I'm in for in the issues thread. I've been "in service" since 12/22, and was at the detail shop for a week before that. Latest update though. They have the parts finally, but there's other cars in front of mine so no ETA when they'll actually start fixing my car. I wish I was just still waiting hah View attachment 754763

Damn I didn't realize you had been in the shop this entire time! Sorry to hear that. Hopefully Tesla gets this *sugar* to be more reliable.

For all of you guys waiting for the new headlights and tail lights, I would be surprised if there wasn’t a price increase at least for the Plaid in conjunction with the refresh to the refresh.
I’m not sure what the big issue is with new and presumably better head and tail lights. You can take delivery of your car, update it with Tesla retrofitted units or even better after market units. Just get the dang car and tweak it the way you want. Having the car to enjoy is paramount!

Damn I didn't realize you had been in the shop this entire time! Sorry to hear that. Hopefully Tesla gets this *sugar* to be more reliable.
Seems like it was fate lmao. I just wanna get it back so I can tear it back apart and play. But nooooo. You take yours off hold yet?

I’m not sure what the big issue is with new and presumably better head and tail lights. You can take delivery of your car, update it with Tesla retrofitted units or even better after market units. Just get the dang car and tweak it the way you want. Having the car to enjoy is paramount!
I highly doubt Tesla would offer a retrofit. It’s simply not in their best interest, service centers are swamped with warranty related repairs, the monetary amount that would be required to make it worthwhile would simply be laughable from the customers point of view.

Out of curiosity which aftermarket option provides better headlights?

I highly doubt Tesla would offer a retrofit. It’s simply not in their best interest, service centers are swamped with warranty related repairs, the monetary amount that would be required to make it worthwhile would simply be laughable from the customers point of view.

Out of curiosity which aftermarket option provides better headlights?
Right. The OLD headlights are $1200 each BTW.

It's highly likely the wiring is different and programming too.

Aftermarket, that's funny too, who mentioned it. This isn't 1980.

I'm hoping they already cut over so they don't kill their own sales.

New to Tesla. Had an RS Etron GT for 2 months which was my first electric car but traded it in because of the low range and poor charging network. Great car but my RS7 felt more premium on the inside despite being cheaper. Anyway, I ordered a Plaid a few days ago with a 2-6 week delivery date estimate but today this got pushed back to March 23-31. Based on some past forum posts, it seems this is a common occurrence with Tesla; I just thought the Plaid would not have this issue as much. Hoping it comes sooner but this might be a good thing with the refresh of the exterior and may coincide with having this on the car.