Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok for the FOMO crowd here who wants to hold off buying the car because they heard from the uncle's cousin's roommate who asked Sawyer at Starbucks about Tesla and found out these features are absolutely positively coming to the S:
1) Titling Screen (actually just on @Tigers car just to get him to commit)
2) New headlights
3) New tail lights, including trim piece and charging port
4) Steering - round (or at least a lot of cheese to go with all the whine)
5) Steering - honky thing in middle
6) 4860 batteries

What am I missing?
Wood trim? Yeah, yeah, I know, that's what she said.

I am screaming internally right now. It's so frustrating seeing people get their VINs 2 weeks after me and are able to know when they will get their cars... WTF Tesla come on lol. I did all my financing and everything because i thought after getting my VIN it would be a lot smoother than the cluster F__K we've been going through. My financing will expire if they don't deliver by the week of Feb 5...

Yeah lights were one of the things I wanted to check but just in general was curious to learn about build quality etc. Thanks !
I honestly think the build quality on mine was fantastic.
I will mention some flaws, as the rest were "GREAT" so nothing bad to mention there.
1) passenger front door a little tough to close
2) center console bottom light inversed - goes on when cover closed, off when cover open.

um, that's it! :)
okay. no trunk panel covers. that's fine. not really a flaw. yes, i finally noticed the rear window does in fact have some distortion near the bottom (not a huge deal)
i'm having some software issues, etc. but I don't think that's build quality.
okay, I will mention good stuff after all.
1) panel gaps - looked fine to me
2) weather stripping - i spent time on this. my buddy's august LR delivery had stripping that was weird and not uniform. mine seemed perfect.
3) interior rear panels - both looked lined up to me (earlier cars seemed to have the top of the window ledges offset from the pillar area)
4) no worm, or if there, so small i can't or didn't notice. might be visible in certain lighting, certainly not an issue to me
5) i didn't see bad seams or wrinkles on the seats
6) biggest complaint - they tried to "sucker me" with summer tires. I was having none of it. I sulked and whined and cried and got all seasons. another car was there being delivered with summer tires. Kinda not fair to a possibly ignorant driver, and not fair to me and other motorists and pedestrians. 2 snow storms were expected (neither came) but the day after i got my car it was like 15 degrees, and has been cold - far below the ratings for summer tires)

I have an appointment to bring my car in, but truthfully, i may cancel. the issues are more nit picky than anything else.
I"m most annoyed that i have trouble with the app - it doesn't always talk to my car, i have to hard close and reopen, etc. - and the handles aren't presenting when they should. might be the app. might be something else.
But I will stay, in my opinion the build quality was great.
I've written before, I was afraid I'd pull up to the SC to inspect my car, close the door, and it would fall apart. (seriously, I expected some panel gaps and weather stripping issues). Nope.
Either the quality control has improved, or the build has gotten better overall (tighter tolerances on machines, production, whatever) - I think they did a super job.

I honestly think the build quality on mine was fantastic.
I will mention some flaws, as the rest were "GREAT" so nothing bad to mention there.
1) passenger front door a little tough to close
2) center console bottom light inversed - goes on when cover closed, off when cover open.

um, that's it! :)
okay. no trunk panel covers. that's fine. not really a flaw. yes, i finally noticed the rear window does in fact have some distortion near the bottom (not a huge deal)
i'm having some software issues, etc. but I don't think that's build quality.
okay, I will mention good stuff after all.
1) panel gaps - looked fine to me
2) weather stripping - i spent time on this. my buddy's august LR delivery had stripping that was weird and not uniform. mine seemed perfect.
3) interior rear panels - both looked lined up to me (earlier cars seemed to have the top of the window ledges offset from the pillar area)
4) no worm, or if there, so small i can't or didn't notice. might be visible in certain lighting, certainly not an issue to me
5) i didn't see bad seams or wrinkles on the seats
6) biggest complaint - they tried to "sucker me" with summer tires. I was having none of it. I sulked and whined and cried and got all seasons. another car was there being delivered with summer tires. Kinda not fair to a possibly ignorant driver, and not fair to me and other motorists and pedestrians. 2 snow storms were expected (neither came) but the day after i got my car it was like 15 degrees, and has been cold - far below the ratings for summer tires)

I have an appointment to bring my car in, but truthfully, i may cancel. the issues are more nit picky than anything else.
I"m most annoyed that i have trouble with the app - it doesn't always talk to my car, i have to hard close and reopen, etc. - and the handles aren't presenting when they should. might be the app. might be something else.
But I will stay, in my opinion the build quality was great.
I've written before, I was afraid I'd pull up to the SC to inspect my car, close the door, and it would fall apart. (seriously, I expected some panel gaps and weather stripping issues). Nope.
Either the quality control has improved, or the build has gotten better overall (tighter tolerances on machines, production, whatever) - I think they did a super job.
That good to hear. I have 21“ wheels so I am not sure ifI have much choice when it comes to tires.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Well, the Covid excuse is BS if you ask me, since you are picking the car up at the Store apparently.

But the contactless delivery has been a thing for a while now.

If you are in SoCal, there are a few on display. PM me for details.
Much appreciated, I'm a bit far away in Toronto :(

Agreed, however in my country we are still dealing with silly mandates thinking we can completely eradicate covid....rather than living with it.

Actual newsworthy stuff, like Cybertruck schedule, features, etc.
I'm really excited for the CT news, and also how they are going to integrate the 4680 Y with the Fremont Y. Re: CT, I think there's actually a growing chance that Tesla shows final specs and details and pricing for it! Even Elon talked about driving that prototype around, completely spontaneously. So for him to be just talking about it, it raises that likelihood IMO.

I'm really excited for the CT news, and also how they are going to integrate the 4680 Y with the Fremont Y. Re: CT, I think there's actually a growing chance that Tesla shows final specs and details and pricing for it! Even Elon talked about driving that prototype around, completely spontaneously. So for him to be just talking about it, it raises that likelihood IMO.

For me, this is the last chance for Tesla to make delivery promises they can deliver on.

No more in production BS like last year.

Whether I drive a 2015 or a 2022, it's up to you, Tesla!

That good to hear. I have 21“ wheels so I am not sure ifI have much choice when it comes to tires.

You can be sure that you do not have choices yet that match the OEM sizes on 21" in all seasons. Pirelli theoretically has a winter set but not showing anywhere and not available. You can go a little outside the OEM sizing and there are A/S options. I went 20" for this reason.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid