Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Busy afternoon! About noon, I noticed that my S LR EDD had tightened to Jan 26 - Jan 30! Wait a second, that starts today! In swift succession I got two texts from Tesla (one asking for payment), the VIN (NF468), and a phone call from the Carlsbad Delivery/Service Center. They had the car in house and would be able to deliver it today. I opted instead for tomorrow afternoon. Now I need to unload my Model Y...

Vistan

Busy afternoon! About noon, I noticed that my S LR EDD had tightened to Jan 26 - Jan 30! Wait a second, that starts today! In swift succession I got two texts from Tesla (one asking for payment), the VIN (NF468), and a phone call from the Carlsbad Delivery/Service Center. They had the car in house and would be able to deliver it today. I opted instead for tomorrow afternoon. Now I need to unload my Model Y...

Vistan
Congrats! I have the same build as you :p so im half hoping you back out heh

This looks far superior to yoke. And unless I’m missing something, it’s not blocking the cluster…

Where is the yoke advantage again?

There seem to be 4 camps of complainers. Only one of these will be happy with this product.
1) People who hate missing stalks.
2) People who hate the touch buttons [but would be ok with clicky buttons].
3) People who hate the lack of airbag horn.
4) People who hate the lack of wheel.

There seem to be 4 camps of complainers. Only one of these will be happy with this product.

What about the people who hate that the center screen don't tilt?

This is what I was considering View attachment 760509
This is exactly what I've been running for a month or so now without issue. Fit in the rear has been fine, running on low suspension. No ABS or other issues at all. Speedo is maybe off about 2 mph at 75 (almost nothing at 30 and maybe 1 mph at 60) but range hasn't been any different. Great tire, slightly less sticky than the OEM summers - as expected - but really solid with grip and in light/medium snow.

Last edited:
OK....my new Model S LR was delivered yesterday. The process was not well orchestrated and suffered from having a poorly-trained young man handle the process. Hopefully, Tesla will get some attention to this kind of shortfall.

The car was missing the parcel shelf, and no word was given on when or how it might be delivered.

Based on the earnings call today, where MX and MS were not mentioned at all, I expect the attention given to shortfalls will be minimal.

Unless you have a MY or Optimus on order...

This is exactly what I've been running for a month or so now without issue. Fit in the rear has been fine, running on low suspension. No ABS or other issues at all. Speedo is maybe off about 2 mph at 75 (almost nothing at 30 and maybe 1 mph at 60) but range hasn't been any different. Great tire, slightly less sticky than the OEM summers - as expected - but really solid with grip and in light/medium snow.
That's good to hear. What about range ?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

Vistan
You’re in a great position! My window for LR went from Jan 26-Feb 9 to Feb 10 - Feb 20. 4 days tighter but still no Vin so I’m not too hopeful.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

5) People who just have to hate something and will not rest until everyone hates the same things as they hate. Logic and evidence be damned.

That's good to hear. What about range ?
No difference in range that I can tell - not a perfect comparison though because it's colder now, of course. But other than using battery to preheat the car/battery, I haven't noticed coming home with substantially less battery than before.

Last edited: