Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cross post…

If your refreshed MS/Plaid has this vibration issue (at speed or under “slight acceleration”) around 38-50 mph, DriveTesla would like to hear from you on [email protected]

They are collecting data to see how much concern in the community exists, re this matter. If extensive, I suspect we will see more articles and others picking up the story. Time to be heard if you have a vibrating Plaid or refreshed MS!

Found a mouse next to my car today. I live in a newly built house and have never seen a mouse ever! There better not be a family of mice chewing up my wires like I've seen some people finding out...

If there is, it definitely got in before I picked up the car. It's in the grass because I kicked it out of my garage haha
1644798542564.jpeg

Never under estimate the power of the mouse.

Reactions: VikH
Holy *sugar* the MX Plaid just ran a 9.83 at 146!

Faster than a speeding Lucid?

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Yeah and also if the Lucid is flung off a cliff .5 of a second earlier than a Plaid, the Plaid won’t catch it. 😁

But in the real world the Lucid is toast.
Yeah Lucid has shown footage of it running at 9.74 at 146, but that's if everything is preconditioned. I'm hoping Lucid can fix this, but as of now, there's no dedicated drive mode for preconditioning the car. You have to manually go and push the button, and then wait for the motors to cool down as well.

Reactions: uthatcher
Yeah Lucid has shown footage of it running at 9.74 at 146, but that's if everything is preconditioned. I'm hoping Lucid can fix this, but as of now, there's no dedicated drive mode for preconditioning the car. You have to manually go and push the button, and then wait for the motors to cool down as well.
Yeah but that’s my point…a half-second in the 1/4 mile is an eternity. A Plaid will run that time at like 30-40% SOC.

Nonetheless, the Lucid is very fast. Wicked fast really. But the Plaid exists.

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Yeah but that’s my point…a half-second in the 1/4 mile is an eternity. A Plaid will run that time at like 30-40% SOC.

Nonetheless, the Lucid is very fast. Wicked fast really. But the Plaid exists.
Exactly. There won't be real competition for Plaid until the tri-motor Air (hopefully this year?) and the 2024 Dodge arrive. Until then, it's Plaid land lol!

Exactly. There won't be real competition for Plaid until the tri-motor Air (hopefully this year?) and the 2024 Dodge arrive. Until then, it's Plaid land lol!
I’ll eat my hat, record it, and have a seance to show Horace and John Dodge me eating it if the Mopar is ANYWHERE near the Plaid. And Lucid, they’ve got a long road ahead of them. They haven’t even gotten to “production hell” yet…I’ll be surprised if a tri-motor arrives anythime soon. Particularly since none of the other haven really arrived. And that if they go with a tri-motor that means they need 50% additional motors built.

Call me pessimistic, I just don’t see it.

I’ll eat my hat, record it, and have a seance to show Horace and John Dodge me eating it if the Mopar is ANYWHERE near the Plaid. And Lucid, they’ve got a long road ahead of them. They haven’t even gotten to “production hell” yet…I’ll be surprised if a tri-motor arrives anythime soon. Particularly since none of the other haven really arrived. And that if they go with a tri-motor that means they need 50% additional motors built.

Call me pessimistic, I just don’t see it.
Yeah I think the Dodge will be as fast or maybe mid 9s. The platform will support 0-60 in 2.0 seconds too. It's good to remember that Dodge has a lot of experience setting up drag cars. But it will at best I think be as fast or maybe a little faster than todays Plaid. SW update for Plaid, and boom, Plaid is back on top.

Yeah totally agreed on Lucid. I do hope we see it this year.

Yeah I think the Dodge will be as fast or maybe mid 9s. The platform will support 0-60 in 2.0 seconds too. It's good to remember that Dodge has a lot of experience setting up drag cars. But it will at best I think be as fast or maybe a little faster than todays Plaid. SW update for Plaid, and boom, Plaid is back on top.

Yeah totally agreed on Lucid. I do hope we see it this year.
It will be interesting with the Dodge. All the legacy companies like to just kind of pretend Tesla and the Plaid doesn’t exist. So I really wouldn’t be surprised if whatever the Mopar is just does not approach the Plaid. I still get surprised at how slow some of the new EV’s are. Maybe the Hummer is fast for it’s size? Other than that what legacy EV is fast?

I guess what I’m saying is that I think there’s a certain amount of denial about the state of Tesla. Nothing Tesla makes is slow. Our MYLR is damn quick, with not performance boost. A damn MYP will give as Urus a fair run for a bit! But I do agree, Dodge does pride themselves on drag racing and if anyone will do it, it will be them. I mean a Demon was pretty sick way fast until it wasn’t, like all Hellcats.

It will be interesting with the Dodge. All the legacy companies like to just kind of pretend Tesla and the Plaid doesn’t exist. So I really wouldn’t be surprised if whatever the Mopar is just does not approach the Plaid. I still get surprised at how slow some of the new EV’s are. Maybe the Hummer is fast for it’s size? Other than that what legacy EV is fast?

I guess what I’m saying is that I think there’s a certain amount of denial about the state of Tesla. Nothing Tesla makes is slow. Our MYLR is damn quick, with not performance boost. A damn MYP will give as Urus a fair run for a bit! But I do agree, Dodge does pride themselves on drag racing and if anyone will do it, it will be them. I mean a Demon was pretty sick way fast until it wasn’t, like all Hellcats.
And that's the way I look at it. They already have made a RWD ICE go low 10s, high 9s. So a low 9 with an AWD EV isn't that big of a stretch to me.
Yeah the Hummer is really fast lol. It MOVES. Likely will be the fastest truck until quad motor arrives.
Yeah totally agreed on the legacy auto part. I mean like the EQS AMG is fast, but it ain't that fast. Barely as fast as a DM MS, for like close to 60k more. Everything else is just kind of a let down tbh. The one EV that'll be good is the EV6 GT coming later this year. That will do <3.5s 0-60 and 162 mph.

And that's the way I look at it. They already have made a RWD ICE go low 10s, high 9s. So a low 9 with an AWD EV isn't that big of a stretch to me.
Yeah the Hummer is really fast lol. It MOVES. Likely will be the fastest truck until quad motor arrives.
Yeah totally agreed on the legacy auto part. I mean like the EQS AMG is fast, but it ain't that fast. Barely as fast as a DM MS, for like close to 60k more. Everything else is just kind of a let down tbh. The one EV that'll be good is the EV6 GT coming later this year. That will do <3.5s 0-60 and 162 mph.
But they did that with brute force. Brute force they’ve been making for years. Make a big motor. Slap on a big blower. Add big tires. Oh wait, the tires don’t fit, add big fender flairs, then big tires. And do it all with a mid-1990’s E-class chassis that MB forget to take with them on the way out when the pillaged Chrysler. I just feel like the catch up is monu-freaking-mental. LOL, I guess I’m too hard on them. They do have a hybrid Jeep that will go like 9 miles on a trail on pure battery, so I guess they’ll figure it out.

Yeah, an “AMG” that’s not even in the ballpark of a Plaid. They’re straight up in denial. Making like Tesla doesn’t exist and that they can keep making the same old thing, just in EV form. Or, their tech is so far behind they have no way to deliver the power to the wheels in a way makes the vehicle really fast. But it has a Hyperscreen or some other such nonsense.

Damn fine gushing...damn fine. These new people needed that and the old folk deserved it.

But they did that with brute force. Brute force they’ve been making for years. Make a big motor. Slap on a big blower. Add big tires. Oh wait, the tires don’t fit, add big fender flairs, then big tires. And do it all with a mid-1990’s E-class chassis that MB forget to take with them on the way out when the pillaged Chrysler. I just feel like the catch up is monu-freaking-mental. LOL, I guess I’m too hard on them. They do have a hybrid Jeep that will go like 9 miles on a trail on pure battery, so I guess they’ll figure it out.

Yeah, an “AMG” that’s not even in the ballpark of a Plaid. They’re straight up in denial. Making like Tesla doesn’t exist and that they can keep making the same old thing, just in EV form. Or, their tech is so far behind they have no way to deliver the power to the wheels in a way makes the vehicle really fast. But it has a Hyperscreen or some other such nonsense.

Damn fine gushing...damn fine. These new people needed that and the old folk deserved it.
Yup lol! Notice I said they'd be close to or faster than the Plaid. I didn't say they'd have better tech or be better overall, although it may be the best or close to of legacy auto. I'm pretty sure it'll be a really nice car, with great looks (it will be the next generation Charger), colors, interior, and fast. But it won't be as well rounded or sorted as the Plaid I think. No effing way. And if it has anything less than a 135+ kWh pack, I'll be impressed. It'll probably be over 5000 pounds for a 2 door.

Another thing, is they said 2.0 0-60 and 400-500 miles of range, along with 330kW drive units as the most powerful option. But I don't know if the STLA Large platform will support tri or just dual motors. If it's the latter, that Dodge has no chance of catching Plaid with just 886hp. I'm thinking it will likely be tri motor though.

Last edited: