Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup lol! Notice I said they'd be close to or faster than the Plaid. I didn't say they'd have better tech or be better overall, although it may be the best or close to of legacy auto. I'm pretty sure it'll be a really nice car, with great looks (it will be the next generation Charger), colors, interior, and fast. But it won't be as well rounded or sorted as the Plaid I think. And if it has anything less than a 135+ kWh pack, I'll be impressed. It'll probably be over 5000 pounds for a 2 door.

Another thing, is they said 2.0 0-60 and 400-500 miles of range, along with 330kW drive units as the most powerful option. But I don't know if the STLA Large platform will support tri or just dual motors. If it's the latter, that Dodge has no chance of catching Plaid with just 886hp. I'm thinking it will likely be tri motor though.
Well, I hope you’re right. I have my doubts about whether those specs will actually happen but maybe I guess. Or perhaps better stated, I have my doubts that the stats will look as impressive when the vehicle actually hits the streets. Meaning, the above can be achieved, but may look outdated if everything else has advanced well beyond in the meantime.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Yup lol! Notice I said they'd be close to or faster than the Plaid. I didn't say they'd have better tech or be better overall, although it may be the best or close to of legacy auto. I'm pretty sure it'll be a really nice car, with great looks (it will be the next generation Charger), colors, interior, and fast. But it won't be as well rounded or sorted as the Plaid I think. No effing way. And if it has anything less than a 135+ kWh pack, I'll be impressed. It'll probably be over 5000 pounds for a 2 door.

Another thing, is they said 2.0 0-60 and 400-500 miles of range, along with 330kW drive units as the most powerful option. But I don't know if the STLA Large platform will support tri or just dual motors. If it's the latter, that Dodge has no chance of catching Plaid with just 886hp. I'm thinking it will likely be tri motor though.
Sorry, my mistake lol @uthatcher. So battery sizes will range on STLA Large at 101-">118kWh". Not bad at all for 500mi (800km) range.
Stellantis-STLA-platform-battery-packs.jpg

Reactions: uthatcher
Well, I hope you’re right. I have my doubts about whether those specs will actually happen but maybe I guess. Or perhaps better stated, I have my doubts that the stats will look as impressive when the vehicle actually hits the streets. Meaning, the above can be achieved, but may look outdated if everything else has advanced well beyond in the meantime.
Totally agreed. Even if it runs 9.0 in the 140s, Plaid by then likely will have creeped into that 9.00 range anyway. Also, in 2024, it's likely that Tesla will be readying the 4680 Plaid for release in 2025-2026. So the beast will awaken around that time, and blow everything out of the water. Probably 1200+hp with <9.0 seconds 1/4 mile, at around 4300 or 4400 pounds.

Sorry, my mistake lol @uthatcher. So battery sizes will range on STLA Large at 101-">118kWh". Not bad at all for 500mi (800km) range.
Stellantis-STLA-platform-battery-packs.jpg
500 miles of range with 118 kWh? From a company that has 100 years of practice of building transmissions but still can’t make one last? From a CEO who does not even believe in the EV path and only thinks it was forced down our throats by governments (meaning he’s resentful)? EV push poses environmental, social risks: Stellantis CEO
Nope, I‘ll still commit to eating my hat.

• Funny
Totally agreed. Even if it runs 9.0 in the 140s, Plaid by then likely will have creeped into that 9.00 range anyway. Also, in 2024, it's likely that Tesla will be readying the 4680 Plaid for release in 2025-2026. So the beast will awaken around that time, and blow everything out of the water. Probably 1200+hp with <9.0 seconds 1/4 mile, at around 4300 or 4400 pounds.
Please Lord, please deliver us the 4680’s in a Plaid with new headlights and taillights within the next 2 years.

• Love
500 miles of range with 118 kWh? From a company that has 100 years of practice of building transmissions but still can’t make one last? From a CEO who does not even believe in the EV path and only thinks it was forced down our throats by governments (meaning he’s resentful)? EV push poses environmental, social risks: Stellantis CEO
Nope, I‘ll still commit to eating my hat.
Ahh you had to bring Carlos into this lol! 🤣 Yeah he thinks quite *colorful* things about EVs! Yeah it would definitely be impressive if they could do it. They did say over 118kWh though, so I think it'll be 125 to 130kWh in actuality.

Ahh you had to bring Carlos into this lol! 🤣 Yeah he thinks quite *colorful* things about EVs! Yeah it would definitely be impressive if they could do it. They did say over 118kWh though, so I think it'll be 125 to 130kWh in actuality.
He had to be brought in, he’s steering the ship. He influences how people think of certain things within the company. His particular view on EV’s could bite them long term. Remember, his public stance is likely much different than his behind closed doors stance. And the public stance is not that favorable towards EV’s. I think he’d just as soon keep raking in the crazy money on the 25 year old platform the Hellcats are (mostly) built on and then sell some trucks and Jeeps.

So if there are people working on these projects that do not feel the 100% complete buy-in from the top of the company, how important do you think they’ll feel it is? Not very is my guess. And not very leads to not very good products.

He had to be brought in, he’s steering the ship. He influences how people think of certain things within the company. His particular view on EV’s could bite them long term. Remember, his public stance is likely much different than his behind closed doors stance. And the public stance is not that favorable towards EV’s. I think he’d just as soon keep raking in the crazy money on the 25 year old platform the Hellcats are (mostly) built on and then sell some trucks and Jeeps.

So if there are people working on these projects that do not feel the 100% complete buy-in from the top of the company, how important do you think they’ll feel it is? Not very is my guess. And not very leads to not very good products.
Spot on. The company has to buy in 100% from the top down. You know, #Maryled may say some crazy *sugar*, but at least she gives a very strong, public stature of being all in on EVs. It's important.

This was posted in another thread. It seems that now the new tail lights are driving around California...

EDIT: glad to see the new taillights line up correctly. Going to have to wait 3 more months to take delivery so they can fix that too.

This reminds me of the people who saw the be model s and only took like one pic. Take more pixxx! Plz!

They should keep the black bar there though. It looks a little weird without it. Not enough design differentiation and color balance with the rest of the car.

Last edited:
EDIT: glad to see the new taillights line up correctly. Going to have to wait 3 more months to take delivery so they can fix that too.

This reminds me of the people who saw the be model s and only took like one pic. Take more pixxx! Plz!

They should keep the black bar there though. It looks a little weird without it. Not enough design differentiation and color balance with the rest of the car.
Yeah, how about it. Would it have killed them to walk to the front of the car and snap a pic???

It does look weird sams color as the body. It needs something
The Plaid MS has a black-colored trim piece while the standard version has a body-colored trim piece. You’ll notice the photos of the MS with the new taillights have body-colored trim only when there is no rear spoiler installed. The Plaid becomes more easily identifiable with this change.

The Plaid MS has a black-colored trim piece while the standard version has a body-colored trim piece. You’ll notice the photos of the MS with the new taillights have body-colored trim only when there is no rear spoiler installed. The Plaid becomes more easily identifiable with this change.
Interesting. I was going to make mine black anyway. Car is MSM. Think the non-body colored trim helps the butt aesthetically. :)

I picked up my S LR a week ago Saturday and my summon camera calibration is still only at 95% & I still have not received a software update from the factory stable shipped version of 2021.43.101. With my Y & 3 I don't remember waiting so long - what are others experiencing?
Dis you drive on a highway with clearly marked lines? I know that helps. I’d call service about the calibration. Maybe a camera needs an adjustment.

This was posted in another thread. It seems that now the new tail lights are driving around California...
So it DOES look a lot like that rendering from the event website, except it has a second white strip running through the black but at the bottom to break it up (looks better this way). Any guesses what those two white strips are? Turn signal and extra bright reverse light?

My Plaid is supposed to be built at the end of the month, so this spotting in California is very encouraging - especially since I assume the new tail lights will accompany the new headlights. :)

So it DOES look a lot like that rendering from the event website, except it has a second white strip running through the black but at the bottom to break it up (looks better this way). Any guesses what those two white strips are? Turn signal and extra bright reverse light?

My Plaid is supposed to be built at the end of the month, so this spotting in California is very encouraging - especially since I assume the new tail lights will accompany the new headlights. :)

Hopefully new headlights, taillights, Horn in the center of the yoke, and if we are really lucky, ambient lighting. But no one has mentioned that at all yet. :( They are probably saving that and the tilting screen for the Q2 or Q3 updates.

Last edited: