Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found a vehicle in vehicle in inventory matching my criteria except for wheels. Will Tesla change the wheels from 19s to 21s on a vehicle already in inventory
I found a vehicle in vehicle in inventory matching my criteria except for wheels. Will Tesla change the wheels from 19s to 21s on a vehicle already in inventory?
That’s a negative.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Can someone help me confirm suspicion with in stock builds? There are vehicles that come back into inventory for the following reasons:

1. The former buyer refused delivery due to perceived problems with quality upon delivery

2. The former buyers financing was never fully approved

3. The former buyer had buyers remorse

Thanks.

Can someone help me confirm suspicion with in stock builds? There are vehicles that come back into inventory for the following reasons:

1. The former buyer refused delivery due to perceived problems with quality upon delivery

Thanks.
Tesla decided to make inventory builds.

Basically all of the above.

I found a vehicle in vehicle in inventory matching my criteria except for wheels. Will Tesla change the wheels from 19s to 21s on a vehicle already in inventory?
🤣 No

I have tried to get my exact build in a different location and several time and have failed.

There have been some on this forum that were able to get an inventory car though, but I have been unsuccessful.

Thanks.
All of the above and it also could be ones that have been repaired after reject. Just look for ones that have more recent build dates and if there is quality issue, don't accept delivery.

All of the above and it also could be ones that have been repaired after reject. Just look for ones that have more recent build dates and if there is quality issue, don't accept delivery.
It’s a good point but my concern is what happens if I don’t accept delivery, does my order then go to the back of the line again? My hunch is that there is always going to be more risk going with inventory that pops up because there’s a decent chance the car was already refused by a previous buyer.

Get her a Y. Wife loves her Y, it is much more refined than our 2019 Model 3. I specifically got S because I know my wife will hate the yoke and will not take my car. :)
I had a Y on order, but Tesla canceled it in December. I really want a 3 row MYP, so I delayed my order. After the updates I was going to just accept that a 3 row will not be built and buy it after the Model S was delivered. At least that was my plan. The S kept getting delayed and Tesla had not done a mass cancellation of orders before. Y order was about $5k less than the price now, but feel a little burned by how they cancelled it. Demanding payment within 24 hrs or vin unassigned, then indicating a new vin would be assigned. Then canceled can’t help you.

I'm behind 25 pages...crawled out from under my retirement rock and have a job..

Now that Grimes is back together with Elon, do you think that delivery issues will only increase?

(Ducking)
I haven’t seen any pictures of Grimes with Ben Affleck. Therefore delivery issues will remain at an all time low. Or all time high.

That was never a rebate, they should have adjusted your order a few days before delivery. Though you often have to remind them.
Yes, concur 100%.

Sadly, our rep left Tesla a month before delivery and even though we had discussed it, the $2k wasn't listed. In the rush to get the car (after a 13-month wait) I didn't notice the missing $2k . . . and now the request is working it's way through the morass that is Tesla Corporate. They really need an ombudsman at this point as the company has become massive, and exasperating.

They seem to think that it requires a visit to the Pope, and higher, before they can send me a friggin' check. And, no, they can't just "re do" the paperwork so I had to pay taxes on the extra $2k as well. Nice Tesla, really nice . . . .

Oddly, there's some talk that the program "expired" on 1 January, which is funny if you think about it: ALL of the delays were on Tesla's end of this--we never "held" or delayed or slipped our EDD. Thus, they should probably have BOOSTED the credit, not eliminated it. Such dolts.

Just stunning how such smart people can create such an amazing, PITA corporate structure that seemingly exists to piss of their best customers.