Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you!
A few (dumb) questions:
- How can I "tell" DCU to send me a copy of the check and the fedex tracking number? Is there a field I can fill in during the application?
- If I directly send the check to Tesla, what if the car turns out to be defective and I need to reject the car?
Just mention that you need the check copy and fedex tracking when you're on call with a DCU associate. There's no field to fill in, but you can also always call them again and they'll note it in your application (probably an internal field for employees)
If you reject the car, call DCU and cancel the check. Tesla won't cash the check until you accept (hopefully). Confirm this with your SA as well if you can but when I got mine, the DCU loan agent told me to call them and cancel the check if things go south.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
You’re lemoning your current Plaid?!

Well, the buyback happens so that I don't have to lemon-law it. My car has had pretty much everything that could go wrong with it go wrong with it, and still has issues. Still waiting on Tesla to actually do it, but it's been agreed on. If you'd been following my saga, you wouldn't have to ask. 🤣

Well, the buyback happens so that I don't have to lemon-law it. My car has had pretty much everything that could go wrong with it go wrong with it, and still has issues. Still waiting on Tesla to actually do it, but it's been agreed on. If you'd been following my saga, you wouldn't have to ask. 🤣
I followed from afar 🤣 hope all goes well and you’re in a new (less problematic) Plaid soon!

Anyone know if you can get the actual VIN from the Tesla-info inventory search? (or any other way?)

I have been tracking the pre- lights refresh S I rejected a few weeks ago, waiting for it to be marked "sold" before I lifted the hold on my order.... Well today, it shows SOLD, yay, but now, what appears to be THE EXACT SAME CAR, has shown up a few towns over. Same specs, same gate date, same mileage, everything....

The sold date on the original shows 3/9, the listing date of the second one shows 3/10.

I am not 100% sure how the "generic inventory" program works? Could this have been sold to another Tesla location and be re-listed, or maybe they tried to deliver it to someone in the new city and they rejected it too?

Or could these just be two different vehicles and just a coincidence?

Thought if I could get to the vin of the two listings that might tell me for sure?

Taking delivery of my RN1147, LR Blue/Black 19" VIN NF473 next week. What do we do on TMC after delivery? Is there an after-delivery program to help members transition? What will I do with all of my time?
You have several options after delivery. With your free time you may wish to:
  1. Research accessories and modifications on TMC;
  2. Detail and clean your new Tesla (@jebinc) and share photos;
  3. Ask questions regarding your new Tesla on TMC;
  4. Order a Tesla Cybertruck and complain about the long wait;
  5. Learn about Crypto or NFTs; or
  6. Pay attention to your neglected family or pets.
There are several other suggestions best left for posting after 9 pm. ;)

I'm replying to my own post with an update. I think this got missed anyway due to needing moderator approval.

Anyway, updates from Tesla have been sparse. Just had to call them to try and figure out wtf is going on and from the sounds of it, barring some miracle, it's going to be at least a few weeks before one of these drive units come in.

Super frustrated that this happened in the first place. More frustrated that Tesla, at least at first, didn't seem to take this issue more seriously. One of the advisors I talk to at service does seem to at least be giving me lip service that he's taking it seriously but at the end of the day, there's still no concrete date on when my car will be back on the road.
Unfortunately, this seems to have had a recent spat of bad luck. I just got home from picking up my Plaid for this exact issue (died at home, had to have it towed to SC, they replaced rear drive unit). That timing is unfortunately very accurate - was 2.5 weeks from day of dropoff to pickup today, all because they were waiting on the part. Zero updates from SC until I started pestering them.

Here's a thread on it. You'll see that, for me at least, it was a 1-day, 3-day, 9-day, then 17-day timeline given.

Man, that looks fantastic. Anyone who thinks the old rear end looks better is out of their mind. OUT. OF. THEIR MIND.
I like the old rear end and this new one is, well, new, and different. I like it also, as I will most likely think the next one will be nice. At some point we have to be happy with what we have. I’m a very happy refreshed 1.0 Plaid owner. Incredibly happy actually. BTW, Most rear ends make me smile. 😂