Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
*Sugar* #2 totally make sense. 400 LEDs in the new headlights compared to like 10 before. That must have added 10-20 lbs. Regret waiting for lights now that this car will be slower.

Yeah I'm guessing it's more like 20-25lbs due to the heavier 2022 LEDs, PER HEADLIGHT. So that's an extra 50lbs over the front wheels compared to the previous Plaids.

New hinges confirmed!

Now I am selling my 1.0 for the 2.0
DUDE it makes SENSE. Before Refresh 2.0 there were no LEDs. Now there's LOADS of them over the FRONT WHEELS, and LEDSs weigh a LOT. Therefore, MATH = the refresh is SLOWER, but SAFER.

The 1.0 has LED lights up front.

I heard the new hinges are made of lighter titanium, reducing weight and increasing the 0-60 time. I dunno that’s just what I heard
You know what I heard? That the Model S will soon be getting real whoopie cushions as the seats. Screw the fake ones! Even better, these will link to the vehicle's vision system, and determine whether or not this person is favored by the owner. If the person is not favored, the whoopie cushions will auto-fill with air from an onboard compressor, and LET 'ER RIP! And the best part? These can be filled with your favorite scent and strength of Liquid-*ass!
The innovation just keeps coming!

You know what I heard? That the Model S will soon be getting real whoopie cushions as the seats. Screw the fake ones! Even better, these will link to the vehicle's vision system, and determine whether or not this person is favored by the owner. If the person is not favored, the whoopie cushions will auto-fill with air from an onboard compressor, and LET 'ER RIP! And the best part? These can be filled with your favorite scent and strength of Liquid-*ass!
The innovation just keeps coming!
I will delay my order!

I’m going to unlock my hold soon. Will be canceled if I don’t by the 13th.
White/white/21” LR

Only way I’ll be able to take delivery is if it takes longer than mid April to be available. I’m waiting on my slow ass builder to finish my house. It’s tough to tell from this thread but has anyone hit that they’re ready on a similar build and seen how long they’re estimating?

Not like asking will change what happens to me I just don’t want to get my hopes up any more if I’m doomed to get a delivery date of 2 weeks.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
We should create a master list of 2022 refresh 2.0 changes:

1.) Hinges, now faster than before.
2.) Performance/acceleration is now down due to new headlights/appliqué, especially over the front wheels, - because of the large number of LEDs in the headlights has added extra weight there. Better snow traction due to more weight over the front wheels, though, so it's a solid trade-off.
In all seriousness, apparently the cup holders on the refresh 2.0 have been updated, according to the people at TWraps.com. Cup Holder Insert for 2021 Refresh Tesla Model S / Model X (Plaid & Long Range)

I wonder what the difference is? Probably just a change to the shape, but it would be sweet if they had heated and cooled cup holders, ha ha.

In all seriousness, apparently the cup holders on the refresh 2.0 have been updated, according to the people at TWraps.com. Cup Holder Insert for 2021 Refresh Tesla Model S / Model X (Plaid & Long Range)

I wonder what the difference is? Probably just a change to the shape, but it would be sweet if they had heated and cooled cup holders, ha ha.
My recently replaced console has new cup holders. They have raised portions that trap narrower bottles etc. Definitely better.

IMG_6440.jpeg

Last edited:
See pictures here: