Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the VIN were to appear in the webpage code, does anyone know when that would happen? Are there any precursors or anything?

If you can't tell, I'm a bit anxious 🙃
In my case, my EDD narrowed to 7 days, and most noticeably, the page changed from saying “Tesla Model S“ to “2022 Tesla Model S”

If you download the chrome extension “Tesla vin finder” it will notify you via a popup if a vin is in source code,

So, day 3 of ownership and I'm stuck at home, summer tires are just not up to the task. It's snowing, did the school drop off this morning and the roads are slick.

Front license plate bracket uses screws that I have not seen before. If you plan to take it off, ask them to loosen slightly. Then use pliers or thin vice grips to twist off the remaining way. I could not locate the actual socket/tool. Used the 20lb fishing line which broke about 4 times before it came off. The glue is a pain, but if you take your time (I used goof off) it will come off. I did not use any heat, but the garage is about 60 degrees so it was not frigid.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
tempImagex3ORlW.jpg

So, day 3 of ownership and I'm stuck at home, summer tires are just not up to the task. It's snowing, did the school drop off this morning and the roads are slick.

Front license plate bracket uses screws that I have not seen before. If you plan to take it off, ask them to loosen slightly. Then use pliers or thin vice grips to twist off the remaining way. I could not locate the actual socket/tool. Used the 20lb fishing line which broke about 4 times before it came off. The glue is a pain, but if you take your time (I used goof off) it will come off. I did not use any heat, but the garage is about 60 degrees so it was not frigid.
Needle nose ppliersn will sort of grab those heads but it is awkward.

You REALLY need to use heat. I have only used heat on mine as I don't trust the fishing line / string not to damage the paint. Heat it well and pull up and out from the bottom.

Needle nose ppliersn will sort of grab those heads but it is awkward.

You REALLY need to use heat. I have only used heat on mine as I don't trust the fishing line / string not to damage the paint. Heat it well and pull up and out from the bottom.
Agree 100% - heat is your friend.

I removed without even taking off the "outer" portion. I spent way too much time getting the screws off the first time, so second plaid I just heated from the side for quite a bit, pulled and sliced with line, and took it off in one whole piece still screwed.

I must be really living on the edge. When I removed my front plate I just worked it with my fingers and slowly peeled the inner part of the bracket off. No floss, no additional heat. No damage.

I got the car in June so it was fairly warm out though. If the outside temps are warm, no need for additional heat, just don’t rush it.

*Sugar* #2 totally make sense. 400 LEDs in the new headlights compared to like 10 before. That must have added 10-20 lbs. Regret waiting for lights now that this car will be slower.
LEDs probably added 4 ounces. Bet you the headlights weigh the same or less.

If the weight changed no idea if it was from headlights.

Maybe it’s more battery cells.

Removing radar and swivel screen hardware should reduce weight.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
tbh I'm surprised someone on twitter didn't pick up our rant in here making fun of headlight weights and accidentally take it seriously, leading to retweets and ultimately articles on Electrek that then get picked up by larger places like Motortrend...

I can see the headlines now, "New Tesla Plaid gets heavier, slower - No longer the Drag Strip Champion?"

Hi all, i'm a bit behind in this thread.
Has anyone posted any videos or light comparisons of new versus old headlights for beam, if they turn (projector style) and just generally how they look and work?
I now the NHTSA approved matrix lights (or something like that) but I also thought it was a 2 year thing before those active types of beams could be activated - am i mistaken, or will the new lights just be hanging out for 2 years, and then active blind spot stuff, etc. can be activated?
thanks!
PS drove back and forth to delaware yesterday, only about 120 miles each way. my neurosis required me to charge to 100%, I got home with 31%. I do it again Sunday, so I'll only charge to 90% and expect to come back with 21%.
I probably averaged between 75 and 80. weather was about 50 degrees, so air thinner and less heat pump than 20 degree temperatures. It seems to me the efficiency really increases when the batteries have been going for a while, 20 to 30 miles. I try to precondition.
and...when cars annoy me on the road, i love effortlessly bombing past them, then look, and see i'm going 95.
what a car!

It seems like most people here prefer the all-season tires for the 19” wheels. But if, like me, you already have a set of winter wheels and tires for the colder months (I’m in Canada), would you say the summer Pirellis are the better choice for maximum performance in the hotter months? It sounds like Tesla is willing to swap tire options for people who really want A/S tires so hopefully they can go the other way if summers are preferred.

LEDs probably added 4 ounces. Bet you the headlights weigh the same or less.

If the weight changed no idea if it was from headlights.

Maybe it’s more battery cells.

Removing radar and swivel screen hardware should reduce weight.
Wished you were around last night to enlighten us. I sent a text to my SA to tell him to find me a Refresh 1.0 vehicle and that I was rejecting my refresh 2.0 vin because the car is slower!