Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I'm getting closer to my EDD I texted a query to Tesla asking for build date and confirmation of the new lights today.

My assigned vin is 4727xx EDD March 16 - 20 in Dallas.

Their answer was terrible. "We can confirm the vehicle was built in February 2022".

Absent asking again to the same text, might I have any better luck going to my local gallery store and asking? Can they look it up?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
As I'm getting closer to my EDD I texted a query to Tesla asking for build date and confirmation of the new lights today.

Their answer was terrible. "We can confirm the vehicle was built in February 2022".

Absent asking again to the same text, might I have any better luck going to my local gallery store and asking? Can they look it up?
You can try to go to your local store, and ask if they check your car's headlight type and if it has radar or not. If the headlight type is "global", instead the the previous "premium", then the lights are new.
Also, if the vehicle has no radar, then that's a sure sign as well.

Reactions: PhilipRs and mikemi
LEDs probably added 4 ounces. Bet you the headlights weigh the same or less.

If the weight changed no idea if it was from headlights.

Maybe it’s more battery cells.

Removing radar and swivel screen hardware should reduce weight.

I.... umm...

And right here - is the danger of joking around on the Internet.

Anyway, what's the story on the new hinges?

Ask specifically for factory gate date. They have access to that data. Anything after around 2/21 will be new lights. if you want, ask if they see under the Part list for HEADLAMP having "Global Headlamps (HL01)"

Based on all the VIN that have been shared, you should be good. I am at 4728xx and have new lights. Some others had 4725xx, 4724xx.

Last edited:
It seems like most people here prefer the all-season tires for the 19” wheels. But if, like me, you already have a set of winter wheels and tires for the colder months (I’m in Canada), would you say the summer Pirellis are the better choice for maximum performance in the hotter months? It sounds like Tesla is willing to swap tire options for people who really want A/S tires so hopefully they can go the other way if summers are preferred.
Yes, but the summers will hurt your range a little and also will need to be replaced sooner. I plan on putting a set of summer tires on 21" forged wheels, which is one of the reasons I do not want summer tires on my 19's.

I’m not upset about the heavier LED headlights, but SMALLER cup holders? WTH Elon? Not everyone drinks Red Bull. I like my YETI tumblers on the large side. If my YETI doesn’t fit, I will reject that sucker! :mad:
The cup holder did "hug" my standard 16.9 ounce water bottle. It is much smaller than the M3.

Large PH water bottle fits. Sparkling bottle does not fit.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
727BE0B8-1D74-4F28-9D83-3C2824AD4D88.jpeg

Attachments

• F57CB48A-C350-40C3-9D30-5D2705FD71ED.jpeg
    F57CB48A-C350-40C3-9D30-5D2705FD71ED.jpeg
    363.8 KB · Views: 59
Ask specifically for factory gate date. They have access to that data. Anything after around 2/21 will be new lights. if you want, ask if they see under the Part list for HEADLAMP having "Global Headlamps (HL01)"

Based on all the VIN that have been shared, you should be good. I am at 4278xx and have new lights. Some others had 4275xx, 4724xx.

You can try to go to your local store, and ask if they check your car's headlight type and if it has radar or not. If the headlight type is "global", instead the the previous "premium", then the lights are new.
Also, if the vehicle has no radar, then that's a sure sign as well.

Thanks guys. Still feel good about my VIN, but I think I'll drop by the store since it's not far.

Ok guys, I'm seeing some confusion here. Does anyone in this thread actually believe that the lights are heavier?
If so, no problem, but know that all of that was a complete joke. The lights are likely actually lighter, as they may be less complex.
Yes, but what about the extra energy being pushed out of them as mentioned before, at the speed of light no less!?!!?
Surely this will slow down the newer Plaids as well! 🤣

Yes, but what about the extra energy being pushed out of them as mentioned before, at the speed of light no less!?!!?
Surely this will slow down the newer Plaids as well! 🤣
But wouldn't the new rear lights, including new 3rd brake light, counter that? Where is Bill Nye when I need a real fake answer????

Interestingly here in Canada the east coast has been seeing a recent (albeit small) influx of refresh 2.0 cars while the west coast has been seeing cars that have been produced in Nov of 2021. Looks like it’s true that tesla builds cars for the east coast at different times than west coast.

Plus looks like a lot of east coasters are posting about getting VINs recently, so hopefully west coast deliveries start back up in the coming months.