Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, an update from the store.

William was friendly and helpful, but struggled a bit looking for the gate date and headlight code. He did say the birthdate was March 3 though, positively. That date seems to be right when I released the hold and got notified of the VIN. As of today, the EDD is still the same. 3/16 - 3/20.

So far, this is what I had:

Plaid ordered Jan 8.
Received a VIN Jan 26.
Placed my order on up to 30 day hold Jan 30. (Tesla said "up to 30 days").
Didn't hear from Tesla before I released the hold on March 3.
The next day a VIN was assigned 4727xx EDD March 16 - 20 in Dallas.
They withdrew the money for the car overnight 3/11.

I note it's freezing and windy here today, so I didn't expect to see many people out. It's late for this weather in the area. The store was staffed by 4 people, all of whom were with customers. No cars on the floor, which is like it's been over a year now.
Ok, so any date after ~2/21 would have the new lights for sure, so your car has them for sure! Thank you for the information. :)

My delivery appointment is set for Mar 13, Sunday. But since DCU is closed over the weekend, I can't get my loan check delivered until Tuesday :(
Does anyone know if Tesla will delay the appointment for a few days or is there any other alternative like switching to Tesla financing? Any suggestions will be helpful.

Cash is king, finance later. JMO.

A three day delay on your delivery should not be a problem.

Cash is king, finance later. JMO.

A three day delay on your delivery should not be a problem.
Thanks. Don't want to pay cash for $100K and I don't have everything in 1 account any way.
Hopefully they will delay by few days. If not, I'll probably switch to Tesla financing (2.79% rate) which will allow me to take delivery soon and refinance to DCU (1.24% rate).
One more question - My Tesla account is asking me to make a final payment (downpayment) to avoid delays. This is my 2nd MS and last time I paid using the plaid app. But this time I want to pay using cashiers check. Do I just take the check to the appointment and keep the "Make Final Payment" option as-is in the app?

Thanks. Don't want to pay cash for $100K and I don't have everything in 1 account any way.
Hopefully they will delay by few days. If not, I'll probably switch to Tesla financing (2.79% rate) which will allow me to take delivery soon and refinance to DCU (1.24% rate).
One more question - My Tesla account is asking me to make a final payment (downpayment) to avoid delays. This is my 2nd MS and last time I paid using the plaid app. But this time I want to pay using cashiers check. Do I just take the check to the appointment and keep the "Make Final Payment" option as-is in the app?

I'd go with a cashier's check. You probably won't find anything wrong worth rejecting the car, but if you do, you can ask for the check back.

You all asked for it. I present to you, Model S auto-presenting doors. Courtesy of @doubleshot

My delivery appointment is set for Mar 13, Sunday. But since DCU is closed over the weekend, I can't get my loan check delivered until Tuesday :(
Does anyone know if Tesla will delay the appointment for a few days or is there any other alternative like switching to Tesla financing? Any suggestions will be helpful.
You just need fedex tracking number and front and back images of the check to pick your car. If the check is being delivered to them

You just need fedex tracking number and front and back images of the check to pick your car. If the check is being delivered to them
Yeah, but I just got the loan approved today and it takes them 1 business day to send the check which is Monday. But my delivery was set to Sunday. Tesla said they can push it to Tuesday max but no further than that. So I switched to Tesla financing now and got approved. Picking up on Sunday. Will refinance with DCU after a month.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
As I'm getting closer to my EDD I texted a query to Tesla asking for build date and confirmation of the new lights today.

My assigned vin is 4727xx EDD March 16 - 20 in Dallas.

Their answer was terrible. "We can confirm the vehicle was built in February 2022".

Absent asking again to the same text, might I have any better luck going to my local gallery store and asking? Can they look it up?
February? How long has the car been sitting there and you just got a vin? Others have just gotten theirs as well but build date within the last week or so? Odd

Interestingly here in Canada the east coast has been seeing a recent (albeit small) influx of refresh 2.0 cars while the west coast has been seeing cars that have been produced in Nov of 2021. Looks like it’s true that tesla builds cars for the east coast at different times than west coast.

Plus looks like a lot of east coasters are posting about getting VINs recently, so hopefully west coast deliveries start back up in the coming months.
Hopefully Midwest starts getting some as well here soon. 3/14-21 right now with 1153 and blue/cream “19 LR

Hopefully Midwest starts getting some as well here soon. 3/14-21 right now with 1153 and blue/cream “19 LR
Midwest is starting to get them. @Mwolfe from Michigan just picked up his. Mine is scheduled for delivery 3/19 (Michigan too). I am 1153 as well, interestingly that you did not get a VIN yet.

PS. Contributing the push to 4269