Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I might have missed something (I only joined the thread in the mid 3000 pages), but I'm not convinced that @EndlessPlaid is Elon any more - but I do have another theory. I mean, I've never seen EndlessPlaid and Sawyer in the same room...

If @EndlessPlaid was Sawyer in disguise (or was close to Sawyer in some other way), I would politely ask @EndlessPlaid to help "spread positivity" by getting this annoying vibration issue some airtime - so Telsa addresses it in short order (half serious). That would be a positive development for many.

I unlocked the hold on the 13th due to it pending cancellation. Can't take delivery until I close on my house note. Was already assigned a VIN with delivery estimated between March 17 - 23 :( House not supposed to be done until April sometime. Not destined to get the car after all this it seems.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I unlocked the hold on the 13th due to it pending cancellation. Can't take delivery until I close on my house note. Was already assigned a VIN with delivery estimated between March 17 - 23 :( House not supposed to be done until April sometime. Not destined to get the car after all this it seems.

At least you will be getting a new house! For $250, you could just place another order…

That sounds like fear-mongering to me… But don’t take my advice on anything, though I did buy a car right before buying my current house.
Nah, it’s true. Mortgage underwriters don’t want any credit activity while they’re going through the underwriting process. It changes debt to equity and they are not keen on that.

Securing a car loan would blow up my chances of securing the home loan. Loan officers and underwriters don't like seeing new lines of credit opened before closing on a home loan.
It only matters if you can’t qualify for both debts. Essentially you’re over extending yourself with both purchases.

If you have the income to support it there is no issues with buying whatever you want. Prior to closing on the house.

It only matters if you can’t qualify for both debts. Essentially you’re over extending yourself with both purchases.

If you have the income to support it there is no issues with buying whatever you want. Prior to closing on the house.
Generally they are way more strict on a home vs car. I’ve done the same thing a couple times (finance a car after closing on a home). I’ll decide my own debt ratio, not them. Not everyone fits their boiler plate. Also it can impact the rates you get.

Income and debt levels may play a role in these two different cases.

YA THINK!? :eek:

If you can easily afford both the car and the house, there's absolutely NO reason why you shouldn't buy the car first, in my opinion, but don't take that as gospel because I'd rather not get into trouble, hah! All I can say is I did this very thing, and it had no impact on anything. The credit pull on the car dropped me a few points (so the hell what?), and that was it. It was never mentioned at any point during the house-buying process.

Again, just speaking for myself.

I'm of the believe that if you're at a point where you can't be buying a car at the same time as a house, probably shouldn't be buying the car/house in the first place... If that's not the case, I'd chat with someone about buying that car. $17k is not insignificant...