Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is actually not when you're asking for 100's of thousands of dollars (or more) to purchase a home. The lender/investor get to make those decisions. I would just speak with your lender and let them know the situation. They will tell you exactly how it may or may not impact your loan decision.

There are guidelines for income and yes there are cases where income cannot be used for various reasons. It sucks but it happens.

It's all about upfront communication as others have said. Every problem has a solution. One of those may be exactly as you have stated, waiting until after you purchase the home due to DTI. What lenders do not like is when borrowers go buy that car or spend 50K on furniture for the house and do not say anything and it is found out days before closing on the final soft credit check. That is when things blow up and closings get delayed. It is all relative to each individual's financial situation. Everyone is in a different place. The bottom line is just clear honest communication with your lender and even better having a good lender that knows what the heck they are doing...

Interest rates have shot through the roof, it sucks! GL with the purchase of your home.

FWIW...I am a mortgage lender so I do understand this better than most...

While this is VERY helpful information, can we please get back to more important stuff like the updated hinges. Anyone got more pics? I demand pics, or I shall have to sacrifice a bag of chips to my stomach.

While this is VERY helpful information, can we please get back to more important stuff like the updated hinges. Anyone got more pics? I demand pics, or I shall have to sacrifice a bag of chips to my stomach.

Ask and you shall receive. From the new hinge supplier - not yet installed. The new door hinges.
1647451570234.png

In Seattle, you don’t even need to be under a bridge. A makeshift tent is welcomed by the City Council anywhere a person wants to pitch it - including in front of the county court house. No joke, this is real.
Oh cry me a river...I'll see your Seattle and raise you LA. And if that doesn't cut it, I'l raise you San Fran.

Just finished taking delivery of my LR. Absolutely amazing car. Looks damn good. Not a perfectionist or anything like that, but I have no current problems. So much more comfortable than my M3P. Surprised me how much more it is. Hope everyone gets there soon! Especially ones who ordered before me... Can't forget hopefully Jebinc gets a fixed one after all those absurd problems
Where are your photos? Did you get your floor mats and trunk parts?

Posted a few pictures in the other thread, however, I jinxed myself. Car is in service right now as the charge port failed right away and wouldn't charge. Supposebly a quick fix l. At service right now so hopefully tons of pictures when I get it back tomorrow morning!
They didn’t find that before delivery? Thought they would see that when they charge up the car before delivery

It is actually not when you're asking for 100's of thousands of dollars (or more) to purchase a home. The lender/investor get to make those decisions. I would just speak with your lender and let them know the situation. They will tell you exactly how it may or may not impact your loan decision.

There are guidelines for income and yes there are cases where income cannot be used for various reasons. It sucks but it happens.

It's all about upfront communication as others have said. Every problem has a solution. One of those may be exactly as you have stated, waiting until after you purchase the home due to DTI. What lenders do not like is when borrowers go buy that car or spend 50K on furniture for the house and do not say anything and it is found out days before closing on the final soft credit check. That is when things blow up and closings get delayed. It is all relative to each individual's financial situation. Everyone is in a different place. The bottom line is just clear honest communication with your lender and even better having a good lender that knows what the heck they are doing...

Interest rates have shot through the roof, it sucks! GL with the purchase of your home.

FWIW...I am a mortgage lender so I do understand this better than most...
And we avoid talking to underwriters like the plague. Never volunteer information. Only answer the question asked.

Just explain it to them. LOL. Like they have common sense or something? Sorry, Maybe you have common sense. But most are robots.

They will ask for the most stupid things.

I just refinanced. I totally agree. Avoid all large purchases. Loan or not. Between approval and closing. Especially with rates pending on going up. Not worth any risk.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid