Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why is your suspension wobbling your car? It should raise it up and down, not left and right.
I was thinking the same thing.

But he could have had steering in auto too. But it shouldn’t be wobbly. He is coming from a Model 3P which does drive like it’s on rails.

Also I find it’s extremely fast even in sport mode. Glad there are several levels.

I will in the morning, it's still dirty as can be. I literally picked it up, drove to the place I sold my M3P at to grab my garage remote and some other stuff I derpedly left in the car. Then ran home and changed to go to kickball game. So didn't have time for a photoshoot :(

Also didn't feel like instagramfamously modelling at the Tesla delivery spot like some people were doing. While adorable, just not my thing :p After waiting an hour for a large missing part, I was ready to get home.
But that’s what I would like to see - what you described in your delivery report above. Especially the paint issues. Is it black?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
But that’s what I would like to see - what you described in your delivery report above. Especially the paint issues. Is it black?
Yeah it's black.

First 2 = scratches I've found so far, haven't even got it cleaned to see them all
Last 2 = just random residue that they left on the car

Sorry for photos, hard to catch the right lighting

EDIT: It's not "terrible" it's just that for $100k, feel there shouldn't be scratches in the paint at delivery .-. But not sure it's worth complaining to deal with them trying to fix them.

Attachments

• 20220328_222731.jpg
    20220328_222731.jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 20220328_223120.jpg
    20220328_223120.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 20220328_222824.jpg
    20220328_222824.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 20220328_222902.jpg
    20220328_222902.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Yeah it's black.

First 2 = scratches I've found so far, haven't even got it cleaned to see them all
Last 2 = just random residue that they left on the car

Sorry for photos, hard to catch the right lighting

EDIT: It's not "terrible" it's just that for $100k, feel there shouldn't be scratches in the paint at delivery .-. But not sure it's worth complaining to deal with them trying to fix them.
Wow, I’m at a loss for words…. Sorry to see and hear this.

Yeah.... so torn on trying to complain about it and see if they will handle it. Or just see if my tint/ceramic guy can buff them out the best he can.

Any recommendations from my fellow peers? 🙃

Might wake up a bit early and do a quick wash to see what else shows up too
Get your ceramic guy to correct before ceramic coat, would be my vote. Wouldn’t let a SC touch it, for paint issues after you took ownership of it. Good luck.

Get your ceramic guy to correct before ceramic coat, would be my vote. Wouldn’t let a SC touch it, for paint issues after you took ownership of it. Good luck.
"the car was so dirty I couldn't see the scratches until I cleaned it" 😏

But yeah that's my thoughts too, after seeing how they deal with other stuff. Not worth the headache lol

Although, they did replace the wood piece pretty fast. I was going to take a picture but the SA took the car to the shop so fast he literally left me there. He was quite embarrassed, nice dude though.

But yeah that's my thoughts too, after seeing how they deal with other stuff. Not worth the headache lol

Although, they did replace the wood piece pretty fast. I was going to take a picture but the SA took the car to the shop so fast he literally left me there. He was quite embarrassed, nice dude though.
You should see what you get when you spend $160,000 for a loaded Plaid…. Or in @WilliamG case, $166,000…

That sucks. Where's the pic of the missing door piece, though?

Why you tease me like this! Yeha the second you could reserve one, I did 🤣 I've driven hummers since I was 16 (h1 and h2). I'm addicted to the goofy body styles. Bring it on!
That sucks. Where's the pic of the missing door piece, though?
Didn't get one.... The second I brought it to his attention he hopped in the car and drove it to the SC.... Then came back and explained he'd take care of it 🙃

I posted a pic of the wooden part that was missing but had been replaced. Essentially just a dozen clips, the weird part is I didn't see it in the car 🤷

GOT IT :O And here's my review of the process + first few hours of driving xD
Will start with the negatives, as there aren't a ton but still annoying

1) Delivery Process: 1/10
- The only reason I had any idea where to go, is because the other member on here told me -_- was rather confusing, and no one really directing. So thanks to whomever that was <3
- The people who did help you, were not well marked. I thought I was talking to a random at first. Granted, they were SUPER nice and over the top helpful / apologetic for issues once you got the person
- Car was SUPER dirty, like it hadn't been washed in weeks. For essentially a $100k car that's kinda sad on Tesla part
- Overall not well organized, fortunately I have decent experience with the platform so got through it fine

2) Walk-around / Check for issues 7/10 (honestly I was SUPER worried about this part .-.)
- No rear privacy cover thing, besides that everything was there
- Most everything lined up, just minor stuff that isn't big deal but still stupid to have in a $100k car, just shouldn't be an issue....
- But I thought the car has scratches all over it.....but most of the "issues" buffed out which they did on the spot. There is one spot by driver door handle that I didn't catch till home but it's not worth the issue, and should buff out
- The big issue, was there was an entire 2ft long door panel part missing. The wood grain portion on the back left door. SUPER glad I had a check list, although I went through the major stuff only....Picture attached although blurry as I'm in my dark garage (sorry :p ). Apparently "8 people" checked the car for issues, and every. single. one. missed a massive piece just not there....had to wait almost an hour for them to find a replacement part. BUT they had it and apologized profusely.
- Paint, is meh quality. Swirls and other minor issues. My M3P was leagues better. Again piss poor for a $100k car :rolleyes:

3) Initial Drive: 4/10
- Had it in "auto" mode for suspension, and it was absolute trash. The car wobbled and walked all over the highway, I didn't feel very safe in Dallas traffic doing 70+. My M3P made it look like a $10k car. Once adjusting to "sport" mode, the car drove amazingly though. So will be avoiding the "auto" mode for the foreseeable future.
- Insane mode = normal M3P mode or w/e, car felt super sluggish until you put it in that mode
- Regen Braking: 0 modes to change....I HAAAATE the stop mode, as it makes pulling in my garage a nightmare, I never used it. But now you have 0 choice, poor decision on Tesla's part
- Lights at night: who designed these? They look amazing when looking at the car, but the projected light looks like a child engineered them. Wonky setup that has 0 symmetry and drove my ADD self crazy on the drive home.... I thought the videos I saw were over exaggerating but they were not....

GOOD PARTS :D!

After getting through the initial bullcrap that was somewhat expected, and getting the car tuned in to my pref settings, the car really is leagues ahead of the M3P. It's super comfy, and I have a feeling I am going to love this even more than the last one, which I was not too sure I would. While off the line feels like it's being held back, rolling pulls feel SWEET.

Yoke: Honestly, I love this already, normal driving is perfect for this thing. Turning normally isn't too much different from how I normally drive. The only "oddity" is parking atm as the fluidness of EV + stalk is engrained in me. Curious how parallel parking is going to be. Emergency evasion moves will also be interesting, as those are heavily engrained in your system.

Overall:
I feel I will be quite happy with this car, while it's only a placeholder until the Cybertruck (hopefully) comes out. It's going to be a blast >:)
Going from FSD beta, to just the stock autopilot stuff is SUPER different though. Does it not even lane change for you? I really don't recall what all the base AP does..... parking in my garage is tough too, since this car is much longer than my M3P was and the stopping method with this regen mode, it's a tight squeeze with the counter/buildout in there.

Will update in a few days how it turns out :D

Thanks again for all the insight/info/support through this whole adventure, glad to have some people to chat with along this ridiculous delivery process that was 9 months in the making <3

EDIT: @EndlessPlaid you liked my post within seconds of me posting it....go to sleep :p
So you got Refresh 1.0 Lights??

Ha ha, I was the skeptical one in that thread and was surprised I hadn’t heard about this before. My refresh 2.0 Plaid is still at the detailer but I’ll take a flashlight with me when I visit the shop in a few days to see if there’s any evidence of a screen or LEDs behind that glossy panel.
Wow. Interesting. Same here. I will definitely check it after I get my car from ppf. My friend that ride with the car asked me if the passenger side trim is a screen. Umm. Maybe he noticed something.

Last edited: