Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is still a work in progress. Full pics and write-up coming shortly. But these are quick iPhone shots from yesterday's washing session of both MYP and Plaid....

Before;

After

This is one of the best jobs out there. Can we see a shot from the side and back? Curious to see how blacking out the rails looks. What material was used? Gloss black color?

This is one of the best jobs out there. Can we see a shot from the side and back? Curious to see how blacking out the rails looks. What material was used? Gloss black color?

I love the flat.

Thanks! I’ll post a series of pictures when I get her back. She’s with Tesla now getting the trunk addressed (see here) and a few other nitty things. They also still owe me a spoiler! :)

Hope to have back on Friday. Then finish PPF and ceramic following Friday.

The blackout is just vinyl. Yes, gloss back to match trim. Wife’s MYP was flat to match hers.

How is the range with those wheels?
I’ve only had them on for half a day so I don’t have any data on that, I’m afraid. I won’t be using the aero covers on my Tempest wheels (for winter) so I’m hoping they will be as efficient as the Tempest wheels without the covers, if not more efficient due to the weight savings. To be honest, my sub-400km range 75D never gave me any range anxiety, so I’m not really concerned about range.
I’m interested in seeing more too. It’s a unique look - kinda reminds me of the Lucid Air with your blacked out roof.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Got the baby tinted and ceramic coated, passed on PPF this go round as don't plan on keeping this car behind the release of the Cybertruck :3

Did meet an ahole Porsche owner at the shop though, he came in talking trash about why "dumb" tesla owners even bother trying to protect them.
When I was like "well that's MY Tesla, so not sure why you're talking s*** about a $100k car?"
Proceeded to look at me in disgust and started pointing out the few alignment issues and how Tesla owners are just "wanna be environmentalists SaViNg ThE PlAnEt"

Wanted to pull a Will Smith on him, but then I'd get in trouble -_-* Forgot why I never wanted to buy a porsche, and now I remember why. Didn't want to be a part of the dbag cultist group. Why can't people just be nice :(

Also, my appointment for the misaligned goofy headlights is this coming Monday. Hoping they also have my missing trunk shelf cover.

The difference between a Porsche owner and a cactus is...The🌵 has the pricks on the outside...

That is extremely annoying. An estimate shouldn’t be constantly moved. Do they really not understand their own processes well enough? I’ll tell you, I like Tesla and the technological advances it’s afforded us, but when everyone else is mainstream electric, they’re going to have to improve their customer experience.

Just be glad you have not been on this thread for 18 months...

Jeez. And I thought the ‘After’ shot would draw more attention. :)

Summon. I wish.

Close? Mirror housing is probably 1/2” from the PowerWall.
Oh it drew my attention as it was beautiful, but the tiny little gap between your pretty baby and a wall was terrifying :p
I’m set to advanced for updates. No ideaif it matters.
Hm, will see if that helps. It's wild how different stock Ap vs Beta really is btw
The difference between a Porsche owner and a cactus is...The🌵 has the pricks on the outside...
🤣🤣🤣

Got the baby tinted and ceramic coated, passed on PPF this go round as don't plan on keeping this car behind the release of the Cybertruck :3

Did meet an ahole Porsche owner at the shop though, he came in talking trash about why "dumb" tesla owners even bother trying to protect them.
When I was like "well that's MY Tesla, so not sure why you're talking s*** about a $100k car?"
Proceeded to look at me in disgust and started pointing out the few alignment issues and how Tesla owners are just "wanna be environmentalists SaViNg ThE PlAnEt"

Wanted to pull a Will Smith on him, but then I'd get in trouble -_-* Forgot why I never wanted to buy a porsche, and now I remember why. Didn't want to be a part of the dbag cultist group. Why can't people just be nice :(

Also, my appointment for the misaligned goofy headlights is this coming Monday. Hoping they also have my missing trunk shelf cover.
Lol and people say Tesla fans are the only (or the worst) "cult" out there. Think again lol! We have our rough parts here and there but so does every community. And the good people you want in the community do not encourage or support that type of behavior. It actually goes against Tesla's mission to behave like that, as we need *all* EVs, not just Tesla to make it work.

Nice.

Rates have gone up half a point since 3/18.
Yes indeed, I discovered that in late March :( still 1.75% (as long as that holds)
Aww, you make me sad. I may be a prick, but I am sensitive :) And yes, that is a silly car to take to the track, but I learned a lot at the HPDC.

D5A6340A-E322-4DD7-BF22-3F674D9D9C96_1_105_c.jpeg

Yes indeed, I discovered that in late March :( still 1.75% (as long as that holds)

Aww, you make me sad. I may be a prick, but I am sensitive :) And yes, that is a silly car to take to the track, but I learned a lot at the HPDC.

View attachment 792771
Not *all* Porsche owners are bad. Majority are just fans who just like the brand. 😃

When I heard that joke in the 60’s I thought it was kind of mean and the people saying it were just jealous that they didn’t own a Porsche. Now, I just look at Porsche vs Tesla as comparing apples to oranges. I happen to like them both and like a lot of TMC folks probably own them both. BTW, I know it was just a joke and not to be taken too seriously. 😉

Actually, the biggest self-loving prick of a car owner I ever encountered was a Tesla MS guy.

Porter Ranch SoCal.

This was before I bought our first. Almost turned me off to Tesla entirely.
Yup. It isn't really about the brand, but the type of person who buys it. For example, not all Corvette owners are cultists too lol. In fact as a percentage, they likely number under 2%. A lot of them are just enthusiasts.