Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup. It isn't really about the brand, but the type of person who buys it. For example, not all Corvette owners are cultists too lol. In fact as a percentage, they likely number under 2%. A lot of them are just enthusiasts.
Good Point. My previous car (for 17 years) was a BMW M3 Cab. But I ALWAYS kept the Blinker Fluid filled up and Indicated for ALL Turns and Lane changes. So perhaps I'm just odd :) Make that definitely. Thanks to you ALL for making the wait for a car a little more fun and a lot more informative.

I will be taking delivery of my MSLR RN11509 this weekend!

Shopping for financing options now; would anyone be able to refer me for DCU???
All you need to do is make a small donation to one of the firms listed on their website and then go through the 5$ deposit thingy for them to open an account.

Member Eligibility | DCU

I think I did "OARS," which was a 30$ donation. There are others starting at $10...

Wow, last few posts about delivery, so I guess I'll join in on topic for a change...

28 days to go to my hold being lifted, here's what I was told today: WARNING...info comes from SA, accuracy is questionable.

1) Still have three days to reschedule delivery date if you need to.

2) You only have one hold, these days. if you need a second, may have your order cancelled

3) VIN will not likely be assigned until on or after the hold date.

4) Prior to VIN assignment, can still change color or trim without loosing your original purchase price. Not too late for those common trims to be changed to red/cream/walnut😉

5) The 30 day clock to opt out of arbitration starts when you receive a new MVPA with VIN. I'm thinking if I sell the car, due to vibrations or such, I can still ask top $ for this valuable feature.

6) Still no wood trim for Plaids.

7) Can put a delivery request in your "file", such as Do Not Wash Car!

Might be a better thread elsewhere on TMC for that question, as most here are still waiting for a car...
Yes there is a substantial difference. I find the 21’s ride very nicely, but the 19’s are another level of smoothness. No hard edges over any bumps. They are also quieter…again, 21’s are plenty quiet IMHO, but the 19’s are incredible.

I commute a lot of miles so the driving performance of the 21’s is of less value to me than the increased ride and noise comfort.

I also have 20’s and they are my least favorite of the 3 sets.

Yes there is a substantial difference. I find the 21’s ride very nicely, but the 19’s are another level of smoothness. No hard edges over any bumps. They are also quieter…again, 21’s are plenty quiet IMHO, but the 19’s are incredible.

I commute a lot of miles so the driving performance of the 21’s is of less value to me than the increased ride and noise comfort.

I also have 20’s and they are my least favorite of the 3 sets.
Thanks for the insight. Id also be using it as a daily driver with a lot of mileage. But if the 2 rides are close id probably rather use the 21s for looks.

Thanks for the insight. Id also be using it as a daily driver with a lot of mileage. But if the 2 rides are close id probably rather use the 21s for looks.
Am on the 21’s. Only drove them for 300 miles or so. I’m not minding the sound and I love the looks. :)

Last edited:
To me the 21’s are completely acceptable and truly remarkable in rise and noise. I switched to the 19’s because I wanted the increase in efficiency and to just try them out. They are definitely an improvement meant in noise, ride, and efficiency. But regarding looks for sure they are a step down compared to the 21’s.

This is with ~100 per day commute and 20,000 miles on the car. So I have a pretty extensive feel over the same damn SoCal roads and am very confident in the results I’ve experienced. However, for sure, different road surfaces make the attributes of each tire size more or less noticeable.