Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
watching. Want to see those wheels:cool: Before you said you were looking at the 19s I was looking at the same wheels with 20s. Anyone else running 20s? how much decrease in range with 20s?
I think 20s would be a good compromise looks, range, fitment, and ride .
A square 20” setup with 285’s gets nearly identical range as OEM 21’s. This is comparing over around 8000 miles with each setup (meaning 16,000 total between the 2).

The Signature wheels are around 35 pounds lighter than the 21’s cumulatively. The ride with Michelin’s on both is better (meaning slightly more compliant) with the 20’s but also slightly more road noise because they do not have the acoustic foam inside.

I also have stock 19’s and they are by far the most compliant ride and the quietest. But driving performance is defiantly sacrificed. Although efficiency is increased by about 12% so far. That’s with about 2000+ miles on them.

Not quite the most active (the Investors Roundtable thread has almost 17k pages, Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable), but it certainly is the most positive. I've hung out here while waiting for my car, then stayed due to the positivity, offering assistance where I could, enjoying the banter, but also making friends - I've met a few fellow Tesla enthusiasts who live nearby through this thread.

The camaraderie may have reached its natural end though, as it seems more and more are interested in keeping it specific to delivery forecasts only. Since I don't have a S on order anymore (although I do have another Y and a Roadster on order), I'll see myself out. Good luck, don't let the monkey get you down (lol), and I'll see you around on other threads, all!

See you there (Investors Roundable), that's been my go to thread for some time. Really enjoy it. I read to learn and don't post much. I come here for the entertainment now mostly as I have my Plaid. Finally!!! As far as the Roadster, my $$ is doing nicely in TSLA. I'll take it out when it's time for that purchase. :)

I think that this thread is the most popular for the exact reason you’re complaining about: it’s all encompassing. It’s a bit like going to a “one-stop shopping“ store. 😄 I do agree that the participants can veer off topic from time to time. Kind of like I’m doing now. 😬

It's a nice distraction/addiction. I thought I'd be gone now too, but it's almost like muscle memory coming back here after joining along both actively and passively for last 18 months.

Last edited:
any updated Plaid EDDs? Waiting on my Red Plaid patiently but recently changed my order placed since August from LR to Plaid :/
I'm hoping my EDD stays true. The random monkey EDD changes are all in my signature. Ordered on Feb 23rd, so we will see... All I have to look at are a screen capture of the render below and pictures of others being delivered. Keep those pictures coming!!!! :cool:

1649705077468.png

I'm hoping my EDD stays true. The random monkey EDD changes are all in my signature. Ordered on Feb 23rd, so we will see... All I have to look at are a screen capture of the render below and pictures of others being delivered. Keep those pictures coming!!!! :cool:

View attachment 792485
ah and here I am - denied a LR VIN 2 weeks ago, changed order to Plaid (still at old pricing so that's great.). Hoping to get the car this year - haha.

Order placed August 16 2021!
We're in this one together.

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 3.43.29 PM.png

Current EDD states April 21 - May 12 but i know that is incorrect because it hasn't updated since I switched the order to the Plaid :(

View attachment 792485
At least I don't have that issue here in PR. I placed my order on 2/27 and I'll not receive any EDD from the monkey I just got a comment "Prepare for delivery" on my account until I get an actual Vin. 😆

Looks like after I got off the Island, software updates are normal now. I got 2022.12.1 today.
Oh wow! Can you share screenshots? It should allow you to put the heated seat controls (among other things) in the bottom app launcher now. I've only seen this on the Model 3 so far though, and am curious about how this looks on the S with the bigger screen.

Oh wow! Can you share screenshots? It should allow you to put the heated seat controls (among other things) in the bottom app launcher now. I've only seen this on the Model 3 so far though, and am curious about how this looks on the S with the bigger screen.
It's quite nice. Go here for screen shots/video....

[Edit] Not sure if above shows it on an S. Looks same (compared to our MYP). Just more space for icons. I'd grab a picture of mine, but it's at the service center as of this morning.

coming right up.
geez... it could have had better focus. There was also a couple languages, and the same boom box change already updated.

Attachments

• 2022-12-1-06.jpg
    2022-12-1-06.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 2022-12-1-07.jpg
    2022-12-1-07.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 66
  • 2022-12-1-08.jpg
    2022-12-1-08.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 2022-12-1-09.jpg
    2022-12-1-09.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 2022-12-1-02.jpg
    2022-12-1-02.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 69
  • 2022-12-1-01.jpg
    2022-12-1-01.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 2022-12-1-03.jpg
    2022-12-1-03.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 2022-12-1-04.jpg
    2022-12-1-04.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 2022-12-1-05.jpg
    2022-12-1-05.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 61
Awesome, thank you! Now if you could, can you show a pic of the launcher expanded, so we can see what options are available to drag? I'm curious is there is a separate button for cooled seats or if it is just one.
It's one, but a pop up appears to select 'Heat' or 'Cool' (tags might be incorrect as I only got to play with it briefly before going to Service Center) and the lower icon sets Off-1-2-3 as before.

• Informative
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
watching. Want to see those wheels:cool: Before you said you were looking at the 19s I was looking at the same wheels with 20s. Anyone else running 20s? how much decrease in range with 20s?
I think 20s would be a good compromise looks, range, fitment, and ride .
Sorry for the off-topic posts, everyone, but I'm still excited by my recent delivery and I enjoyed hearing from people who just got their cars while I waited (impatiently) for mine. ;)

I took a couple of quick snaps of the wheels when I got home today (ha ha, I forgot to take off the SnapPlate again!). To refresh those who didn't see the original post, they're the flow forged Martian MW05 19" in satin black. They're supposed to be 30% lighter and 30% stronger than the stock 19s.
IMG_8565.JPEG
IMG_8563.JPEG

I'm pretty happy with how they're looking. I just have to do something about those big dull grey hats in the middle of the brake rotors which will probably look all rusty eventually. I might have to upgrade to the slotted Mountain Pass Performance two-piece rotors with the black anodized hats. Should look sharp and offer better brake cooling/performance.