Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Official version of the kagu mats are finally out if that hasnt hit the thread. Cargo area mats still not available.

3D MAXpider Kagu Custom Fit Floor Liners (Black) for 2021-2022 Tesla Model S Amazon.com: 3D MAXpider Kagu Custom Fit Floor Liners (Black) for 2021-2022 Tesla Model S Refresh - Complete Set : Automotive

Do not buy from TESLARATI !!! They are absolutely horrible to deal with. Amazon or u-ace.com is fine. All TESLARATI does is forward your order to u-ace.com. They have no phone and do not answer emails, if you have any kind of issue you are screwed with TESLARATI.

I just hit 1,000 miles today. Still no sign of vibration.

As you can see I'm babying it based on my wh/mi average See image below.

No squeaks or rattles.

Got one odd warning about reduce steering assist. I suspect it might be related to installing mud flaps in that I had the wheel turned all the way in the garage for like a day while I assessed mudflap tweaking. It was the next drive it gave me that warning and it has not done it again since.

Finally got 3D MaxPider mats. I put them on TOP of the OEM cloth mats to maximize the noise isolation. They still fit quite nice on top.
Waiting for cargo and frunk mats. Currently cramming in my MaxPider mat from my X.

Also played with ANR a lot today, someone suggested music must play, I played a "Silent track" at full volume.
Still nothing my ears can tell yet. But I have more experiment to try. Still pretty happy with noise levels though.

Hitch parts are in. I'd like to do some research on wiring before I pull bumper off. I'd like to try and "OEM" wire it, if I can.

OEM mudflaps are on and actually work. See Model S Refresh Mud/Splash Guards

52027717946_3100f29c06_b_d.jpg

No squeaks or rattles.

Got one odd warning about reduce steering assist. I suspect it might be related to installing mud flaps in that I had the wheel turned all the way in the garage for like a day while I assessed mudflap tweaking. It was the next drive it gave me that warning and it has not done it again since.

Finally got 3D MaxPider mats. I put them on TOP of the OEM cloth mats to maximize the noise isolation. They still fit quite nice on top.
Waiting for cargo and frunk mats. Currently cramming in my MaxPider mat from my X.

Also played with ANR a lot today, someone suggested music must play, I played a "Silent track" at full volume.
Still nothing my ears can tell yet. But I have more experiment to try. Still pretty happy with noise levels though.

Hitch parts are in. I'd like to do some research on wiring before I pull bumper off. I'd like to try and "OEM" wire it, if I can.

243 ? I never got that low. Even in my nightmares !

Last edited:
Yeah, I'll bet getting Apple to sort that out will be easy. ;-)
The user can actually do a few simple things before running to mamma bear ;). Like try another phone. There are quite a few little things you can do in the phone to mess it up. For example if your phone is in low battery usage mode it probably won’t work. You also MUST set all the permissions correctly. Some case covers can cause problems too. Also if you have to many other background apps in your phone running the Tesla App might not get its time slice fast enough. Review all your background apps. There is a list that will show you all of them. Don’t go turning all others off Willy Nilly either. It’s required for some apps to function.

I work on BLE apps on iPhone and Android and BLE can be very fickle as well as the OS’s.

FOBs are BLE just like the phone.

The user can actually do a few simple things before running to mamma bear ;). Like try another phone. There are quite a few little things you can do in the phone to mess it up. For example if your phone is in low battery usage mode it probably won’t work. You also MUST set all the permissions correctly. Some case covers can cause problems too. Also if you have to many other background apps in your phone running the Tesla App might not get its time slice fast enough. Review all your background apps. There is a list that will show you all of them. Don’t go turning all others off Willy Nilly either. It’s required for some apps to function.

I work on BLE apps on iPhone and Android and BLE can be very fickle as well as the OS’s.

FOBs are BLE just like the phone.
Thanks. I'll check. I'm good with knowing my way around the phone. Realizing now I haven't really tried to diagnose this and haven't attempted to correct as I should have.

Do not buy from TESLARATI !!! They are absolutely horrible to deal with. Amazon or u-ace.com is fine. All TESLARATI does is forward your order to u-ace.com. They have no phone and do not answer emails, if you have any kind of issue you are screwed with TESLARATI.

From the feedback, Tesmanian and Teslarati are no good, so it seems that we are left with the Kagu mats and WeatherTech. Are there any other good options?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
From the feedback, Tesmanian and Teslarati are no good, so it seems that we are left with the Kagu mats and WeatherTech. Are there any other good options?
As a company Tesmanian is fine. I have panorama roof shade and happy with it. As far as their branded mats, not my thing to buy “weathertech” type mats, blah. Not since owning MaxPider mats (or Tux mats, also good). As a company TESLARATI is not so fine, they are awful to deal with. But They sell the great MaxSpider mats. Just pray nothing goes wrong because they are impossible to contact.

I’ll wait for the MaxPider cargo mat.

As a company Tesmanian is fine. I have panorama roof shade and happy with it. As far as their branded mats, not my thing to buy “weathertech” type mats, blah. Not since owning MaxPider mats (or Tux mats, also good). As a company TESLARATI is not so fine, they are awful to deal with. But They sell the great MaxSpider mats. Just pray nothing goes wrong because they are impossible to contact.

I’ll wait for the MaxPider cargo mat.
I agree that MaxPider mats are on a different level as far as style and fit. For everyone who is "just fine" with conventional rubber mat offerings, cool. There is nothing wrong with them and I'm sure their quality is great.

No squeaks or rattles.

How on earth are you driving and using substantially less than 300 wh/mi. I could not do that on my old MS, and on my MSLR my total over 2,200 miles is now 309 wh/mi, and on rare occasions on a trip I can get to about 295 Wh/mi. Are you driving all downhill, or what?