Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just hit 1,000 miles today. Still no sign of vibration.

As you can see I'm babying it based on my wh/mi average See image below.

No squeaks or rattles.

Got one odd warning about reduce steering assist. I suspect it might be related to installing mud flaps in that I had the wheel turned all the way in the garage for like a day while I assessed mudflap tweaking. It was the next drive it gave me that warning and it has not done it again since.

Finally got 3D MaxPider mats. I put them on TOP of the OEM cloth mats to maximize the noise isolation. They still fit quite nice on top.
Waiting for cargo and frunk mats. Currently cramming in my MaxPider mat from my X.

Also played with ANR a lot today, someone suggested music must play, I played a "Silent track" at full volume.
Still nothing my ears can tell yet. But I have more experiment to try. Still pretty happy with noise levels though.

Hitch parts are in. I'd like to do some research on wiring before I pull bumper off. I'd like to try and "OEM" wire it, if I can.

OEM mudflaps are on and actually work. See Model S Refresh Mud/Splash Guards

52027717946_3100f29c06_b_d.jpg
Hmmm ... placing the 3D mats on TOP of the OEM mats ... now that's an interesting idea ... my OEM mats are on a shelf in the garage but I'll try them under the 3D mats. Thanks for the tip!

How on earth are you driving and using substantially less than 300 wh/mi. I could not do that on my old MS, and on my MSLR my total over 2,200 miles is now 309 wh/mi, and on rare occasions on a trip I can get to about 295 Wh/mi. Are you driving all downhill, or what?
Well, for one reason, you have those watt eating wheels/tires. You'd be down near 260 Wh/mi with 19"

BTW way EPA rating is 240 wh/mi (LR with 19" wheels).

Tires were at 42 psi. And they are the summer tires too.

Well, for one reason, you have those watt eating wheels/tires. You'd be down near 260 Wh/mi with 19"

BTW way EPA rating is 240 wh/mi (LR with 19" wheels).

Tires were at 42 psi. And they are the summer tires too.
100% true. I switched my 21's to 19's and went from averaging 330 Wh/mi over 9000 miles to 296 Wh/mi over 2000 miles in a Plaid. That's driving at 80 mph for 100 miles per day, every day.

Would rather drive a Prius than a Plaid on 19’s
I drive to work, home depot and vacation. Not to the race track.
Much rather it be more comfy, more quiet and more efficient any day.
Not as subject to blow outs and bent rims on pot holes either
I'll likely pass you while you're stopped at the super charger filling up ;)

I have a set of nearly new 19 inch Pirelli Summer tires (roughly 300 miles on them) that Tesla gave me when they swapped mine out for the All-Seasons. So for anyone who drives aggressively on their 19 inch Pirelli summer tires and has worn them out, I'd be happy to sell you a replacement set for a very reasonable price. I'm in Nebraska and should be able to ship the tires anywhere via UPS or FedEx.

I drive to work, home depot and vacation. Not to the race track.
Much rather it be more comfy, more quiet and more efficient any day.
Not as subject to blow outs and bent rims on pot holes either
I'll likely pass you while you're stopped at the super charger filling up ;)
21’s aren’t necessarily the choice for the track. Never had a blow out or bent rim. Comfort marginally different. My trip last week from Orange County to Bay Area at 80mph required two stops just long enough to use the bathroom and eat something. Doubt you’d do it with one stop. Seriously, why buy a Plaid if your interests are hypermiling and comfort?

21’s aren’t necessarily the choice for the track. Never had a blow out or bent rim. Comfort marginally different. My trip last week from Orange County to Bay Area at 80mph required two stops just long enough to use the bathroom and eat something. Doubt you’d do it with one stop. Seriously, why buy a Plaid if your interests are hypermiling and comfort?
Ventilated side bolsters on the seats?😁

I originally wanted the 19" wheels. I changed my order when Tesla was not shipping any cars with 19" wheels. Then to change back it would cost me as much as the wheels cost due to price increases. Now that I have the car, I think the 21" wheels are gorgeous. Note that I had a nail in the tire on the third day I had the car and had to pay $550 for a tire replacement. Still happy with the wheels.

Before COVID, I drove 25K miles in a normal year. It probably is more like 20K/year now with Zoom. The car has so much more range than my '17 MS75 had that I won't complain over 30 miles of range. Maybe I will feel different on a road trip but so far, the range is just fine!

And while I am not a snob, I wouldn't be caught dead driving a Prius. I had the Lexus CT200h hybrid about ten years ago. Most boring car I ever owned. (The favorite car I ever had was a Jaguar XKR convertible, but it was a maintenance and repair nightmare.)

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
First, I don’t have a Plaid.
Why buy something that can only be fully utilized on the track?
I’m not hypermiling and I rarely ever go over 70mph. 80 mph would get me a ticket. I just don’t drive it like I stole it. I’m long out of my teenage (minded) driving years ;)
I’ve not even gone above Sport mode.
It’s on AutoPilot for most of my miles.
I also want to avoid vibrating shafts like the plague. So far so good.

I originally wanted the 19" wheels. I changed my order when Tesla was not shipping any cars with 19" wheels. Then to change back it would cost me as much as the wheels cost due to price increases. Now that I have the car, I think the 21" wheels are gorgeous. Note that I had a nail in the tire on the third day I had the car and had to pay $550 for a tire replacement. Still happy with the wheels.

Before COVID, I drove 25K miles in a normal year. It probably is more like 20K/year now with Zoom. The car has so much more range than my '17 MS75 had that I won't complain over 30 miles of range. Maybe I will feel different on a road trip but so far, the range is just fine!

And while I am not a snob, I wouldn't be caught dead driving a Prius. I had the Lexus CT200h hybrid about ten years ago. Most boring car I ever owned. (The favorite car I ever had was a Jaguar XKR convertible, but it was a maintenance and repair nightmare.)
Driving mundane economy cars for decades is how I can pay cash for the MS I have now and LR next month...

Plus, you really appreciate the MS coming from a Prius.

Don’t get me wrong. I absolutely love the looks of the 21” wheels. If I want looks, there are 3rd party setups that you can have your cake and eat it too. And Net less $$$. Which I may do. But since adding the TWRAPS to the calipers I really love the sleeper look.

Don’t get me wrong. I absolutely love the looks of the 21” wheels. If I want looks, there are 3rd party setups that you can have your cake and eat it too. And Net less $$$. Which I may do. But since adding the TWRAPS to the calipers I really love the sleeper look.
If not already posted, pics of your Twraps caliper please...

Has production been stopped for the Model S'? haha where are the VINs this month? I'm still on "TBD"
Check the stock. Only 1 Model S in the US and it is in Hawaii. All other models are similar. with Texas online I would have thought we would see some movement.
My next EDD range starts this Saturday. If the pattern holds the EDD will yet again be pushed out another month precisely at 8am Saturday morning.😔