Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually not stupid at all. Just practice a few times. I held up the line and set off the alarm my first time until I followed instructions.

I put in carwash mode when I am checking in with the attendant. It will stay on as long as you stay under 10MPH. So pull head to begin slowly. While you are waiting on the rollers, press the brake - the freeroll will be available, Quickly push it and let go of the brake. Easy as that. At the end, lightly tap the brake so you can put it back in drive.
Does it also move the wipers up? When I went to the car wash with the Model X the first thing I did was put the wipers in service mode (Or whatever it was called) so that the wipers also get washed and the windshield under the wipers also get washed, so that debris, like leaves and gunk get washed away. I don't have a garage and live under very active trees that shed all year long.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Does it also move the wipers up? When I went to the car wash with the Model X the first thing I did was put the wipers in service mode (Or whatever it was called) so that the wipers also get washed and the windshield under the wipers also get washed, so that debris, like leaves and gunk get washed away. I don't have a garage and live under very active trees that shed all year long.

No, they do not move the wipers. If you put in service mode prior to setting carwash, it would probably stay put.

I go through a brush wash sometimes and would not want the brushes hitting the wipers in service mode. A totally touchless would be ok.

Last edited:
Was at a Service Center the other day and overheard lots of cool insider info that Advisors were telling customers (and potential customers). Some of this may be classified, but I wanted you to know...
  • VIN numbers are currently being assigned for MS orders from January 2021
  • MS production has been slow, but now that Austin and Berlin are operational, they'll really be cranking them out!
  • All MS get the same tires
  • Yes, you can get the new headlights with the old tail lights
  • There's no reason NOT to add FSD to your order
  • Sorry your exterior is blue...they take the longest to get
  • Sorry your exterior is red...they take the longest to get
  • Sorry your exterior is gray...they take the longest to get
Hope some of this is useful. Just don't tell anyone you heard it from me.;)

Was at a Service Center the other day and overheard lots of cool insider info that Advisors were telling customers (and potential customers). Some of this may be classified, but I wanted you to know...
  • VIN numbers are currently being assigned for MS orders from January 2021
  • MS production has been slow, but now that Austin and Berlin are operational, they'll really be cranking them out!
  • All MS get the same tires
  • Yes, you can get the new headlights with the old tail lights
  • There's no reason NOT to add FSD to your order
  • Sorry your exterior is blue...they take the longest to get
  • Sorry your exterior is red...they take the longest to get
  • Sorry your exterior is gray...they take the longest to get
Hope some of this is useful. Just don't tell anyone you heard it from me.;)
Interesting surprised they are putting the older taillights on

Pretty sure it is all normal SA inaccurate banter.
Yes, it was. The amount of BS flying around was astounding. I'm sure the employees manning this SC have been told little by the company and are really tired of getting beaten up by customers demanding answers, but making up sh*t doesn't do Tesla or the customers any service.

Of all the conversations that I overheard, I think the only absolutely correct answer given was "no sir, it doesn't have a gas tank."

Yes, it was. The amount of BS flying around was astounding. I'm sure the employees manning this SC have been told little by the company and are really tired of getting beaten up by customers demanding answers, but making up sh*t doesn't do Tesla or the customers any service.

Of all the conversations that I overheard, I think the only absolutely correct answer given was "no sir, it doesn't have a gas tank."

However, if you ask enough, you could get them to debate whether it takes regular or premium gas.

Looks like the model 3 maybe reverting back to the old non-matrix LED headlights due to a part shortage.

Just when we thought we only had to worry about EDD, now this is at play.

Will be interesting to see if the happens to the Model S.

Honestly at this point I will take two incandescent light bulbs or candles as my headlights if I ever get a VIN

Looks like the model 3 maybe reverting back to the old non-matrix LED headlights due to a part shortage.

Honestly at this point I will take two incandescent light bulbs or candles as my headlights if I ever get a VIN

Arg.. All this talk now about the S not getting the the new headlights/taillights. I was excited that I would be in the clear now who knows I guess

@DFWBrad I'll be creating its own thread in a minute but since we interacted here....
FINALLY picked up the car from the detailer yesterday....

- Xpel Satin PPF on panels
- Xpel Gloss PPF on all black trim
- Xpel Gloss PPF on headlights
- Xpel tinted PPF on tails
- 50% Tint Windshield
- 20% Tint Side windows & Back
- Ceramic Coating on top of Xpel + Wheels + Calipers
- Xpel Stealth Door Sills
- Illusion Orange Powder coated Brake Calipers
- Gloss Black Front T Emblem
- De-Badge Rear Emblems
- Xpel RX8 Matte Display Protectors (Front and rear screens)

More soon!
love it!
where do you get the gloss black T emblem?

EDD monkey has struck again (6 of 7 times, I have lost count) As predicted at exactly 8am this morning pushed back to 5/13 to 6/1. Tighter time. but that gives me little confidence. OfCourse no VIN. A search for the Model S in the US brings up exactly 3. 2 in Hawaii and one in NJ, all being Plaids.
Mine just got moved from May 21-June 17th , to just "June"

oh man my Plaid better have updated head/tail lights xD