Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not sure if it is third party because they can interact with it on the screen and it looks like there is an actual icon for it; it isn't hijacking something else
That's the one thing that makes me think it may be legit.

But Sawyer Merritt commented that it's a cool mod and if anybody'd know if it were legit, it'd be him.

I would honestly rather have a powered frunk compared to the tilting screen
I wonder if it's just a matter of time. In theory, it should be similar to the Model 3's power trunk. The S' frunk may require more powerful motors due to the hood and lever arms being longer, but it should be pretty similar.

That being said, I have little/no knowledge of supply chain engineering so I'm just talking out of my fart hole.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I wonder if it's just a matter of time. In theory, it should be similar to the Model 3's power trunk. The S' frunk may require more powerful motors due to the hood and lever arms being longer, but it should be pretty similar.

That being said, I have little/no knowledge of supply chain engineering so I'm just talking out of my fart hole.
Totally agree. This'll definitely happen at some point. At the latest I would expect it when they do a full exterior redesign. (Second half of this decade).

Yeah exactly. I'm thinking it may be legit. It's in the UI. Hope we learn more soon!
This.

The power frunk is obviously third party (maybe not?), as the UI just tells it to unlatch. And then the powered struts take over. Not sure you can inject a third-party UI mod into the GUI. Although if you root the MCU (ala Green), then anything is possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
"Presumably an upcoming software update will enable it in the UI."
86e[1].png