Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What rumor is that?

"Elon Musk said that Tesla may stop taking orders on some models of its popular electric vehicles because of the long delivery timelines. There’s currently a rush to order electric vehicles as the technology gains momentum – both naturally, as it becomes more mainstream, and in the short term, more directly through the gas price increase. For Tesla, we previously reported that this has resulted in a significant increase in its order rate in several regions of the US. In March, this resulted in many Tesla models being sold out until 2023 in the US. That’s despite several price increases throughout Tesla’s entire lineup over the last two years. Now Tesla is even considering stopping taking orders on some models. CEO Elon Musk said during an interview at the FT Future of Cars Conference:"
Demand is now exceeding production to a ridiculous degree. We are actually probably going to limit or just stop taking orders for anything beyond a certain period of time because some of the timing (for delivery of new orders) is more than a year away.”

It now looks like MS has similar wait times to Y, based on trim levels. If they stop taking orders for Y, I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same for S

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 12.07.29.png

Feel free to share. It's good therapy.

The MS is worth waiting for, and the resale on your M3 will continue to go up if the rumour today is correct.
What’s the rumor? Edit…nm yah I saw that yesterday. Or they could just give accurate more realistic delivery times and let the customers choose to order or not. I don’t think the wait is what is troubling it’s the fact that we are told one thing and given a different answer over and over and over again. Be more transparent. I’ve been told to expect delivery every single month since September of last year. It has been a great experience.

Reactions: Maaz
Guys this is not a "rumor". Elon himself said it! It will happen, that's for sure. It's as close to official as we'll get before it actually happens. Question is to what models. My guess is the Y will be first.

True, not a rumour. Poorly worded, my bad.

But his statement contained modifiers, like "Probably"

And you have to consider the Tesla time constant, AKA, Elon Time.

Concur on the MY. My guess is MX is next, that is why I ordered one today.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
And final product (for now). Stealth PPF. Ceramic. Spoiler. Carbon Fiber Appliqué and Diffuser Lip.
View attachment 804016
Enough of the back end, what about the front? Same electronic plate, or perhaps a decal? Tinted headlights carbon wrap on the lip, to match the back?
How about some slip guard so you can keep the car in low and keep the vibration away?
And, you got to do the calipers too, I think.

Enough of the back end, what about the front? Same electronic plate, or perhaps a decal? Tinted headlights carbon wrap on the lip, to match the back?
How about some slip guard so you can keep the car in low and keep the vibration away?
And, you got to do the calipers too, I think.
Wait for it. Yes to most:
  • No plate
  • Smoked lights
  • Carbon (not on lip)
  • Slip guard
Plus
  • Tinted windshield
  • Stealth PPF
  • Ceramic
  • Emblem Changes
Looking for a good caliper shop. Most are way too expensive. Have to wait for TSLA to recover. :)

Edit. Here’s a pic.

6FD52374-C366-4E40-89D4-F4FF02EE603C.jpeg

Last edited: