Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait for it. Yes to most:
  • No plate
  • Tinted
  • Carbon (not on lip)
  • Slip guard
Looking for a good caliper shop. Most are way too expensive. Have to wait for TSLA to recover. :)
Agree with the no front plate...one and only one ticket in 30 years in SoCal.

Windshield protection? Got a rock out of nowhere that cratered my old car last month...

Waiting until your next phase is complete.

Ordered Feb 5th
Quoted Nov delivery
Actual delivery tomorrow May 14th

Tesla Model S LR
Houston, TX

My first EV and super excited. Since I didn’t expect to be taking delivery so quick I don’t have a wall charger yet and just got a quote for 4k since I have to trench the whole front yard. Even that didn’t take away my excitement!

Ordered Feb 5th
Quoted Nov delivery

Tesla Model S LR
Houston, TX

My first EV and super excited. Since I didn’t expect to be taking delivery so quick I don’t have a wall charger yet and just got a quote for 4k since I have to trench the whole front yard. Even that didn’t take away my excitement!
Rent a little trencher and do it yourself...

Ordered Feb 5th
Quoted Nov delivery

Tesla Model S LR
Houston, TX

I'll try not to be jealous...or cynical*

Please consider you probably can live with charging via a wall outlet for quite some time unless you drive more than 50 miles a day, every day.

*Are you sure this is factory fresh VIN, not a rejected car? You can ask the SA for the history and current location.

Please consider you probably can live with charging via a wall outlet for quite some time unless you drive more than 50 miles a day, every day.

*Are you sure this is factory fresh VIN, not a rejected car? You can ask the SA for the history and current location.
Once a week I drive to Austin (180ish miles) but maybe I will try the wall outlet for a bit and see how it goes.

According to my SA it’s fresh and said that since my Vin is a 477 it’s the updated lights. I’m new at this so I’m not sure I know to tell what’s accurate or not and trusting my SA until I see it tomorrow.

Cancelled the CT, guess I'd better get the MX on order. Not going to haul garden stuff and trash in the MS.
What’s the difference between putting garden stuff and trash in an X vs an S?

I just switched from X to S and plan to use it exactly the same. I was always careful what I put in the X and will do the same with the S. Messy stuff goes in the trailer. I now have the X hitch on my S. Just can’t put tall things in the S. But that was pretty rare. Biggest thing I’ll miss on the X is clearance.

What’s the difference between putting garden stuff and trash in an X vs an S?

I just switched from X to S and plan to use it exactly the same. I was always careful what I put in the X and will do the same with the S. Messy stuff goes in the trailer. I now have the X hitch on my S. Just can’t put tall things in the S. But that was pretty rare. Biggest thing I’ll miss on the X is clearance.
Clearance. Wife likes cactus. A rather prickly affair to load. Also, the hitch. My nose cone MS does not have a hitch, and adding one may invalidate my warranty.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

Once a week I drive to Austin (180ish miles) but maybe I will try the wall outlet for a bit and see how it goes.

According to my SA it’s fresh and said that since my Vin is a 477 it’s the updated lights. I’m new at this so I’m not sure I know to tell what’s accurate or not and trusting my SA until I see it tomorrow.

Bring a checklist. Make sure you tell the SA that you need to have the car opened for you to do the inspection.

Also, suggest to ask the SA if the car has much much valued (Here anyway) "tilted screen"

Bring a checklist. Make sure you tell the SA that you need to have the car opened for you to do the inspection.

Also, suggest to ask the SA if the car has much much valued (Here anyway) "tilted screen"
I asked about the tilted screen and he said he doesn’t believe it’s equipped with that. Which is a bit of a bummer but not enough for me to refuse on that alone. Although it wasn’t a solid no so I guess I will find out in a few hours when they bring it to me.

Also thanks for the advice on the checklist. I just grabbed one off another thread.

I asked about the tilted screen and he said he doesn’t believe it’s equipped with that. Which is a bit of a bummer but not enough for me to refuse on that alone. Although it wasn’t a solid no so I guess I will find out in a few hours when they bring it to me.

Also thanks for the advice on the checklist. I just grabbed one off another thread.
Pics please when able!

The good news is that Austin finally has strong Supercharger infrastructure and a new Supercharger will be opening on the HOU <-> AUS 290 route soon.

One thing I noticed in the few pictures of the tilting screen is that the screen must have a flexible, upholstered cover on it's back side vs the solid, flat sided cover to date. To me, this powered tilt is kind of like having a powered laptop opener. Tesla could have easily come up with a simple, light weight, manual friction stop that one only needed to reach over and push or pull the screen frame. This would adjust quickly and hold without taking your eyes off the road while driving..
Sounds like an opportunity for an aftermarket modification to sell.........

One thing I noticed in the few pictures of the tilting screen is that the screen must have a flexible, upholstered cover on it's back side vs the solid, flat sided cover to date. To me, this powered tilt is kind of like having a powered laptop opener. Tesla could have easily come up with a simple, light weight, manual friction stop that one only needed to reach over and push or pull the screen frame. This would adjust quickly and hold without taking your eyes off the road while driving..
Sounds like an opportunity for an aftermarket modification to sell.........
I believe the rear is exactly the same, or at least nothing stood out in any of the videos posted. And I think there was no chance of a manual solution. Reaching over the the top right side while driving, to pull it toward you? For many shorter drivers that’s likely not possible, and it would be an exceptionally low-rent solution…

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I believe the rear is exactly the same, or at least nothing stood out in any of the videos posted. And I think there was no chance of a manual solution. Reaching over the the top right side while driving, to pull it toward you? For many shorter drivers that’s likely not possible, and it would be an exceptionally low-rent solution…

And Tesla does not design low rent things....but they do leave out some features to save cost. Still waiting for Carioke to come to the refresh.

Last edited: