Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I take delivery of my Model S tommorow. i plan to pay with the app with direct withdrawl from my checking. Tesla keeps asking me to pay early. Seems strange to pay for the car before I get a chance to look at it.
Has anyone else paid through the App?
Did you wiat to pay till you took delivery?

Personal preference I guess. And how picky you are with quality of car.

Nothing wrong with bringing a cashier's check to the Store.

You will have more options should you find something you don't like.

Maybe it's minor. But could take weeks at the SvC to fix.

I take delivery of my Model S tommorow. i plan to pay with the app with direct withdrawl from my checking. Tesla keeps asking me to pay early. Seems strange to pay for the car before I get a chance to look at it.
I paid w/the app and waited until delivery. I visually inspected the outside of the car and then processed the payment. Once I did that my phone/app became the key and unlocked the car. I suppose I ran the risk of not liking something inside the car, but didn't find any issues - other than the trunk covers being missing. The sales rep quickly showed me how to request a resolution for that through the app.

I paid w/the app and waited until delivery. I visually inspected the outside of the car and then processed the payment. Once I did that my phone/app became the key and unlocked the car. I suppose I ran the risk of not liking something inside the car, but didn't find any issues - other than the trunk covers being missing. The sales rep quickly showed me how to request a resolution for that through the app.
I believe you can pay but you don’t need to actually accept delivery until you do a walkthrough and can reject the car at that time

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I paid early to avoid surprises. They use a weird service to log into your bank to check for funds, and I had issues where my bank said enough funds were available to withdraw (from a pending deposit) but Tesla's app said insufficient funds for a few days until everything settled. I was using a Fidelity Cash Management account if it matters.

Then I realized afterwards that you can add a bank account routing/account number manually through your profile settings in the app. That may have worked better. First time buyer, so I didn't have any of that set up already.

Got my RPM Tesla plaid spoiler today. Really happy with the quality. Installation took 2min.

B7BD8A64-AFD5-40A4-B48F-3B34AC497E8C.jpeg
FD7DA084-B47E-4A6D-9074-D6EEBD9D63B6.jpeg
AF12468C-284D-427B-863F-947657DEF928.jpeg