Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently spoke with a Tesla Rep. regarding a delivery of a MS LR next week. Wanted to make sure I got a charging cable and an adapter. He looked up my account and said I would get a charging cable and adapter included with the vehicle because I ordered before April 30,2021, which apparently was the cut off date for inclusion.

Just FYI for new Model S and X owners, you can set the suspension to remember where you want the suspension to raise.
Be careful--if you park with the bumper over a curb or a curb stop, the suspension may settle before you return to the car, and might scrape.
I know I raised it when I entered the driveway, so it should have remembered when I left. I'm pretty sure it did, but it was a really huge dip, and I should have taken it at an angle.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Got excited for a second when I got a message in my app saying they broke through their bottleneck and were making progress. I asked if that meant the current estimate for my car being ready by tomorrow was accurate. Of course NOT. The message I got back was that they are finally getting though the heavier jobs bringing my car CLOSER to being looked at and diagnosed. Not quite 2 weeks of my car just sitting at the service center after waiting for a month for my appointment. Oh well, at least I have $1100 in Uber credits.
Last message on this. My service rep confirmed that my car is still in the diagnosis queue MEANING that there is a "shortage" of techs able to diagnose vehicles and they are still working to diagnose issues on cars that came into the service center before mine (so more than 2 weeks ago) and still haven't looked at my car yet.

Public service announcement: if you take your car in for service for something that will require a tech to diagnose the issue, check to see how long the "diagnosis queue" is before dropping your car off because you might have to wait a few weeks before they can even look at your car. My issue is they didn't tell me this upfront and instead said they would look at it and get back to me the afternoon I dropped my car off.

For most of the delivery day cosmetic fixes noted in this thread (panel gaps, trim issues), it is not an issue because they do not require diagnosis. My few delivery day issues were taken care of the same day that I dropped the car off. My current issue is an odd scheduled charging problem that sprang up a few months in. If I knew I was going to be without my car for several weeks in a "diagnosis queue" with no end in site, I would have just turned off scheduled charging and moved on.

In case the delay is because I have not spent any of my $1400+ in Uber credit making keeping my car cost free to Tesla, I'm taking Uber Blacks everywhere now.

Another last minute reschedule. This is the 5th time I believe.
09A7849D-FE68-4C17-AF27-4CD795D27765.png

• Informative
Last message on this. My service rep confirmed that my car is still in the diagnosis queue MEANING that there is a "shortage" of techs able to diagnose vehicles and they are still working to diagnose issues on cars that came into the service center before mine (so more than 2 weeks ago) and still haven't looked at my car yet.

Public service announcement: if you take your car in for service for something that will require a tech to diagnose the issue, check to see how long the "diagnosis queue" is before dropping your car off because you might have to wait a few weeks before they can even look at your car. My issue is they didn't tell me this upfront and instead said they would look at it and get back to me the afternoon I dropped my car off.

For most of the delivery day cosmetic fixes noted in this thread (panel gaps, trim issues), it is not an issue because they do not require diagnosis. My few delivery day issues were taken care of the same day that I dropped the car off. My current issue is an odd scheduled charging problem that sprang up a few months in. If I knew I was going to be without my car for several weeks in a "diagnosis queue" with no end in site, I would have just turned off scheduled charging and moved on.

In case the delay is because I have not spent any of my $1400+ in Uber credit making keeping my car cost free to Tesla, I'm taking Uber Blacks everywhere now.
On the last day leave someone a huge tip. Tell them it’s courtesy of Tesla

Did you ask them wtf is up?
I asked in person, the woman assured me the car was on its way, she looked up its location and was certain it would be here.
Two rescheduled dates later I asked a gentleman over the phone and he had no idea, he didn’t even know where the car was as it’s been offline and he can’t see its location.
My guess, they’re waiting on parts, maybe something was damaged, maybe something is broken.

Either way, rescheduling the dates last minute like this is both irritating and unacceptable.

After seeing your previous post, I called Tesla to make sure my car has arrived at the delivery location. My delivery is Thursday and was told the car was at the delivery location. Hope this is accurate.
Mine is/was I don’t know, they don’t know, was only 150 miles from the service center. That was 2 weeks ago.
Didnt know they hired the ****ing mayflower to bring it here