Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! What's your RN? Talk about under promise and over deliver.
It's RN117139xxx. I ordered exactly a week ago on May 11 and was not at all expecting to get a VIN this soon. I'm running against time now to sell my Performance Y to CarMax. When I placed my order, I got a prompt asking if I would take delivery sooner if a vehicle became available and I said yes, thinking that maybe I'd get something after July or August, wasn't expecting it to be this early. I think I might have gotten someone's reject or something of that nature.

IMG_4399.jpg

IMG_4395.jpg

IMG_4540.jpg

It's RN117139xxx. I ordered exactly a week ago on May 11 and was not at all expecting to get a VIN this soon. I'm running against time now to sell my Performance Y to CarMax. When I placed my order, I got a prompt asking if I would take delivery sooner if a vehicle became available and I said yes, thinking that maybe I'd get something after July or August, wasn't expecting it to be this early. I think I might have gotten someone's reject or something of that nature.

View attachment 805971

View attachment 805972
View attachment 805973
WTF. Congrats but I’d be lying if I didn’t say I was triggered a little bit. Feel for essentially EVERYONE that ordered before you.

WTF. Congrats but I’d be lying if I didn’t say I was triggered a little bit. Feel for essentially EVERYONE that ordered before you.
I completely understand and agree, I would be annoyed too. It happened to me when I was waiting for my past 2 Teslas and it was definitely not nice. Again, I think I'm getting someone's reject. The car is already at the Delivery Center so I guess they had to find someone in the area with the same config ordered...

View attachment 805971

View attachment 805972
View attachment 805973
Check Tesla's trade in value.

They're giving me more for my S than CarMax by a fair bit. Tesla actually pays for FSD whereas others don't, from what I've experienced running trade in values for my S.

Check Tesla's trade in value.

They're giving me more for my S than CarMax by a fair bit. Tesla actually pays for FSD whereas others don't, from what I've experienced running trade in values for my S.
I never had luck in the past with Tesla appraisals. Last time CarMax gave me 10k more than Tesla and this time they’re giving me 73k when my MSRP was 65k. I guess I’ll give Tesla another shot.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

View attachment 805971

View attachment 805972
View attachment 805973
Someone probably just cancelled. With only $250 down, it's pretty easy to change your mind. Also, that's pretty cool on that new delivery screen. They must be optimizing VIN reassignment a bit. I got an inventory car like yours but I had to text them and ask them to assign it to me. I was watching the tesla inventory site a couple times a day and got lucky :D