Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MSLR has a similar scrape on the underside of the front bumper. I made a service request and they scheduled me 5 days out for a replacement bumper, then moved it 2 weeks further back. Now scheduled in 2 days, I'm halfway expecting it to get moved back again. Sucks because now I'm not even driving the car because I don't want any wear/tear before I get PPF installed.

Just FYI in case you are looking to get the bumper replaced
I don't trust them to do that. Hoping the fwd aerosheilds can be removed without upsetting the bumper cover, not the case on the older cars.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Seems like 479 VINs are the latest. Anyone with a 480? I’m hopeful that a 479 VIN build is going to be leagues better than my 437 build. I was at the local Tesla today and the panel alignments on a new S there were spot on. It makes me happy to see those rear doors line up perfectly with that silver trim.

Attachments

• 5CDE999A-4E21-4FE9-82BB-82DFA447B944.jpeg
    5CDE999A-4E21-4FE9-82BB-82DFA447B944.jpeg
    285.8 KB · Views: 149
10 years!! try 10 days from now no one will pay extra for mods. If people are buying used they are trying to save money, not pay extra.

One thing I noticed the other day. Saw an older Model S with TSportline wheels. They looked awful. Then it clicked, so many mods don’t age at the same rate the car does. They discolor differently, they fade differently, they wear differently. Not necessary worse but distinctly different. They look like a patch work.
Obviously mods can be worse than OEM, you can't just bolt anything on. Many ugly wheels in the aftermarket. No, my wheels wont fade at a different rate. I don't have a goal of recouping anything.

Got VIN, but unfortunately it’s 4775XX! My question is if I get the new screen or not? My concern is why am I getting an old VIN? Any thoughts are welcome 🙏
Could be a reject or someone that didn’t purchase in time. East coast deliveries should be winding down at this point. Not sure when or what you ordered but I’d give it a go screen tilt or not. Consider yourself lucky!

Selfishly looking for all S deliveries to head to Colorado at this point.

Seems like 479 VINs are the latest. Anyone with a 480? I’m hopeful that a 479 VIN build is going to be leagues better than my 437 build. I was at the local Tesla today and the panel alignments on a new S there were spot on. It makes me happy to see those rear doors line up perfectly with that silver trim.
Did you check both sides? What about the front trim?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Did you check both sides? What about the front trim?
Both sides, and front looked great. Even the dash pad aligned with the front door perfectly. I’m sure to some degree there’s variances, but this is a far cry from the early VINs which were terrible in this regard.

Attachments

• 18CA949D-5598-496D-90AB-99BBF1C5ECE9.jpeg
    18CA949D-5598-496D-90AB-99BBF1C5ECE9.jpeg
    438.7 KB · Views: 116
Congrats! Where are you picking up - Toronto Lawrence? Have they narrowed your DD down? Keep us posted on how things progress. Hoping to be a couple of months behind you. And I'd love to hear how your pick-up experience goes..
Yes, Toronto Lawrence. they narrowed Edd to June 9th - June 15th. I'll keep you posted along the way. Every detail :)