Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My suggestion? Ignore anything that comes out of a Tesla adviser’s mouth. While there are doubtless many of them that know what they are talking about, my suspicion is this battery-charging advice is not official.
Agreed. Plus, so many variables can also affect battery performance. Zero guarantees. I'm going to drive more and worry less in regard to that subject.

I waited 12 months and I had a hard time believing my car was actually in front of me 😂

I'll inspect this car later when it's not scorching hot outside.

Only thing I've seen so far is the material around those secondary shift buttons being off at the top of two of them. Hopefully, it's nothing more than that and I can just have that fixed whenever the parts are available lol

Oh, I got the charger and 2 key fobs (thankfully)
IMG_1728.JPG

Hello all update for everyone. I just picked up the car in Fremont!

Issues found:
Shifter coloring issue-being fixed as I'm writing this.

One panel gap between trunk and upper left panel. They say it's in spec, in spec my a** but whatever I only ask for mechanical perfection.

Wow the car is dirty lol and I know why! They have people going around the cars with a single towel and a spray bottle to wipe down the car. There's no way it's enough to wipe off the sticky residue everyone talks about lmao. Their towels are dirtier than the floor rags I use to wipe my garage floor.

In any case, this is the first nice car I've owned, so I don't know what other 120k cars look like and overall I'm happy with my purchase.

They didn't let me check the interior until I paid. And their attitude is terrible. I don't expect to be pampered but there was no respect in the way the tesla employees talk to you. They treat you like an annoying child and that you're stupid or something. I got a text saying to go to the show room for help and when I got there they said if I don't have a spot number I shouldn't have come. It's like they think I don't know how to read. Took them forever to give me a spot number repeatedly saying I must have gotten something wrong. Like wtf? You guys sent the text??? Anyways enough of my ranting. Employees with bad manners doesn't mean I think it's a bad car.

Hopefully by switching to electric I've made the planet a littler greener for my children.

Here's a fun update for you all. Had my car in to fix a 2022 Model S creaking seat (read here if yours does this: #35 )

With regard to the lift gate tail lights - especially driver's side - not aligning with the outer lights on the body of the car.... While I was in for the creaking seat fix, there was another new Model S that was in because the owner was clearly more particular than me.

Turns out the way to fix the hatch alignment is to remove the rear glass and adjust the bolts that are under there that you cannot get to without removing said glass! The customer was told it was within spec, but the customer still agreed to pay for the repair to be done. As I recall, the rear glass is $1200 + tax installation. But yep, they can fix it, if you're willing to pay. I'm particular, but not that particular. Wonder if the owner is on here...

The fix does mean the hatch sits a tiny, tiny bit lower than it did (not a big deal), and the rear glass therefore sits a tiny bit lower, too. It was fascinating to see there is a fix, but it's mind-boggling Tesla has the car out there with (as far as I can tell) 100% misaligned trunks on all these cars! I snapped a few pictures, so you can see how the glass/hatch sits a tad lower after removing the glass (which destroys it), adjusting those bolts, and then putting new rear glass on.

Again, this is not my car, just another that was in for the repair.

Attachments

• IMG_4684.jpeg
    IMG_4684.jpeg
    475.2 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_4685.jpeg
    IMG_4685.jpeg
    371.8 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_4686.jpeg
    IMG_4686.jpeg
    403.2 KB · Views: 111
Here's a fun update for you all. Had my car in to fix a 2022 Model S creaking seat (read here if yours does this: #35 )

With regard to the lift gate tail lights - especially driver's side - not aligning with the outer lights on the body of the car.... While I was in for the creaking seat fix, there was another new Model S that was in because the owner was clearly more particular than me.

Turns out the way to fix the hatch alignment is to remove the rear glass and adjust the bolts that are under there that you cannot get to without removing said glass! The customer was told it was within spec, but the customer still agreed to pay for the repair to be done. As I recall, the rear glass is $1200 + tax installation. But yep, they can fix it, if you're willing to pay. I'm particular, but not that particular. Wonder if the owner is on here...

The fix does mean the hatch sits a tiny, tiny bit lower than it did (not a big deal), and the rear glass therefore sits a tiny bit lower, too. It was fascinating to see there is a fix, but it's mind-boggling Tesla has the car out there with (as far as I can tell) 100% misaligned trunks on all these cars! I snapped a few pictures, so you can see how the glass/hatch sits a tad lower after removing the glass (which destroys it), adjusting those bolts, and then putting new rear glass on.

This also has my stamp of approval!

6AF0C6C3-61A8-40D5-9BEC-567297D24886.jpeg

Interestingly - my tailgate sits slightly low on the left side exactly like that from the factory. But the left taillight is, indeed, aligned.

I was going to have the service centre adjust it but maybe I should leave it alone before I end up with a misaligned taillight...

The gap on the curve along the side where it meets the rear quarter is all messed up though, like most recent builds I've seen.

Attachments

• IMG_8826.jpg
    IMG_8826.jpg
    795.2 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_FE5F4354A186-1.jpeg
    IMG_FE5F4354A186-1.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Interestingly - my tailgate sits slightly low on the left side exactly like that from the factory. But the left taillight is, indeed, aligned.

I was going to have the service centre adjust it but maybe I should leave it alone before I end up with a misaligned taillight...

The gap on the curve along the side where it meets the rear quarter is all messed up though, like most recent builds I've seen.
That's a unicorn. I wouldn't touch that at all! And yes, that gap has proven trouble for Tesla for a long time now.

That's a unicorn. I wouldn't touch that at all! And yes, that gap has proven trouble for Tesla for a long time now.
It's like whack-a-mole with these cars. Both of my 21s' rear right quarter panel was bowed out where it met the tail gate. On this 22, it's perfect on the right side - but now the left side is bowed out!

The molds they use for stamping these panels are... how do you say... within spec I suppose.

Hi all I got my VIN last week. And from what I heard the car is still in Freemont. All my account info looks good there is final payment that is lit up and says pay remaining balance now to avoid delays in delivery. I didn’t think I had to pay anything till I pick up the car. How long does it take from time of vin to it shipping?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Hi all I got my VIN last week. And from what I heard the car is still in Freemont. All my account info looks good there is final payment that is lit up and says pay remaining balance now to avoid delays in delivery. I didn’t think I had to pay anything till I pick up the car. How long does it take from time of vin to it shipping?

I think it will depend on QC issues, all parts availability, transportation logistics to your location, etc... - which mean days to weeks from past posts.

What is your VIN number (e.g., NF48X) and is it a Plaid or LR?

So whats the actual delivery day like? And also tesla doesn't let you schedule? My app just assigned me a day and time... Does it not care if I'm available? lol
I waited 12 months and I had a hard time believing my car was actually in front of me 😂

I'll inspect this car later when it's not scorching hot outside.

Only thing I've seen so far is the material around those secondary shift buttons being off at the top of two of them. Hopefully, it's nothing more than that and I can just have that fixed whenever the parts are available lol

Oh, I got the charger and 2 key fobs (thankfully)
View attachment 830363
Congrats!
What were your order parameters?

Tesla reps seem to through the excuse, "within spec" around like candy. Customers need to answer back and say, "show me what is the exact specification for this issue" See what they say.. What are these panel gaps supposed to be? 1/8" to 5/8"?
Something tells me that I may not keep my S to long before I trade it or sell it while the maket is there.