Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speaking of, updated list including @dgene84 , thanks for the info!
Order DateNamePlaid?InteriorExteriorWheelsSteeringEDDVIN DateDelivery Loc/Date
3-JanLowtekYBlackRed21"Yoke15 Feb -22 MarAlabama
7-JanK.I.T.T.23YCreamBlack19"Yoke8 Feb - 15 MarColorado
13-JanDuke846YWhiteWhite19"Round5 Feb - 25 FebNebraska
16-JanSuyoungmanYBlackGrey19"19 Feb - 31 MarOC
16-JanKingPaulNCreamGray19"Round28 Feb - 23 MarN Carolina
17-JanNickosYBlackBlack21"Round21 Feb - 28 MarCalifornia
18-JanHAJMNWhiteBlue19"Round3 Mar - 31 MarFlorida
18-JanToddlNBlackBlue19"Round19 Feb - 31 MarCalifornia
25-JanmsnapperYBlackSilver21"Round26 Feb - 31 MarWisconsin
26-Jandgene84YWhiteBlack21"Yoke28 Feb - 31 MarTexas
30-JanwhenrybYCreamSilver19"RoundFeb - MarNashville
GJ Kitt23! My order's a yoke. Have yoke on both our model X, and will
Ok I was in first place, now it looks like they are guessing my delivery is feb 22- march 29.
Changed today.
Mine's also showing the same 2/22~3/29 as of today. =/

Just placed an order for the S LR, Red Exterior, White interior, 21 wheels, Round steering. Our ETA is Feb-Mar, Cali
Do we know if the new 2023 models come with the 4680 cells and all model S' come with standard Air suspension?
No, but from my understanding they are not 4680 cells and they do have adjustable air suspension, as with all Model S’ though some of the current owners are better equipped to answer that!

Just placed an order for the S LR, Red Exterior, White interior, 21 wheels, Round steering. Our ETA is Feb-Mar, Cali
Do we know if the new 2023 models come with the 4680 cells and all model S' come with standard Air suspension?
Yep, biggest upgrade with the S is the air ride, it's a huge difference from the 3 or Y. It's also a much bigger vehicle.

On 4680's, they won't anytime soon, Tesla did a lot of work updating the packs and more importantly the chemistry of the 18650 cells for the S and X refresh. These new packs and accompanying cells are fantastic, they charge fast and obviously perform (i.e., Plaid).

Keeping in mind the cell identifiers (1865'0, 4680, 2170) are just dimensions of the actual cells, they don't reflect the chemistry inside the cells or necessarily how they will perform. So, while the 4680 is all around a better cell solution (less parts, better cooling, etc) that doesn't mean that the others are bad, they are just a better cell size to move forward with and will likely be the focus of chemistry advancements as they reach volume.

So with 18650 cells there simply more cells. From a parts perspective more to deal with, but less impact as individual cells fail (which they do).

We know Tesla won't be able to make 4680's in volume for the next 2-3 years which is why you're only seeing them in some Y's.

As Tesla advances chemistry in these cells they won't immediately release longer range vehicles, just the opposite, they will maintain the current range and simply use less cells to increase margin.

It won't be until we start seeing 500 mile mass-produce competition (prototypes, low volume production, and concept vehicles don't count) that Tesla will put the magic range card out of their pocket.

Last edited:
Updated sheet. Added @TheWhiteEGG , updated some info and EDD updates. I keep checking to see if I have a hidden VIN, (Ctrl+U, then search for 5YJ) but no dice so far.
3-Jan​
LowtekYBlackRed21"Yoke15 Feb - 22 MarAlabama
7-Jan​
K.I.T.T.23YCreamBlack19"Yoke12 Feb - 5 MarColorado
13-Jan​
Duke846YWhiteWhite19"Round22 Feb - 29 MarNebraska
16-Jan​
SuyoungmanYBlackGrey19"Yoke22 Feb - 29 MarOC
16-Jan​
KingPaulNCreamGray19"Round28 Feb - 23 MarN Carolina
17-Jan​
NickosYBlackBlack21"Round21 Feb - 28 MarCalifornia
18-Jan​
HAJMNWhite19"Round3 Mar - 31 MarFlorida
18-Jan​
ToddlNBlackBlue19"Round19 Feb - 31 MarCalifornia
25-Jan​
msnapperYBlackSilver21"Round26 Feb - 31 MarWisconsin
30-Jan​
whenrybYCreamSilver19"RoundFeb - MarNashville
5-Feb​
TheWhiteEGGNWhiteRed21'RoundFeb - MarCalifornia

Updated sheet. Added @TheWhiteEGG , updated some info and EDD updates. I keep checking to see if I have a hidden VIN, (Ctrl+U, then search for 5YJ) but no dice so far.
3-Jan​
LowtekYBlackRed21"Yoke15 Feb - 22 MarAlabama
7-Jan​
K.I.T.T.23YCreamBlack19"Yoke12 Feb - 5 MarColorado
13-Jan​
Duke846YWhiteWhite19"Round22 Feb - 29 MarNebraska
16-Jan​
SuyoungmanYBlackGrey19"Yoke22 Feb - 29 MarOC
16-Jan​
KingPaulNCreamGray19"Round28 Feb - 23 MarN Carolina
17-Jan​
NickosYBlackBlack21"Round21 Feb - 28 MarCalifornia
18-Jan​
HAJMNWhite19"Round3 Mar - 31 MarFlorida
18-Jan​
ToddlNBlackBlue19"Round19 Feb - 31 MarCalifornia
25-Jan​
msnapperYBlackSilver21"Round26 Feb - 31 MarWisconsin
30-Jan​
whenrybYCreamSilver19"RoundFeb - MarNashville
5-Feb​
TheWhiteEGGNWhiteRed21'RoundFeb - MarCalifornia
Hidden VIN?

An update for anyone that cares, service center fixed the trunk by adjusting liftgate to center it. Looks amazing now.
View attachment 802952

For the buzzing yoke, they said a firmware update is coming to fix. "no need to replace the yoke at this time". Honestly, I'm not too upset. It just hit 90F here, so I've got AC turned on and can barely hear the yoke anymore. I'm ok with waiting.

I am in need of a liftgate adjustment, but I am worried they will break something else. Looking at the shop manuals, it looks like the interior panels in the back of the car and the panels inside the liftgate need to be remove to get to the hinge bolts. It's much more involved than an adjustments to the frunk.

Did you have any negative side affects from the adjustment? Any creaks or rattles, any interior panels not aligned correctly afterwards, etc?

Ok, decided to change my order from the steering wheel to the yoke. Called Tesla for 2 days. Waited on the phone for 30 minutes each time. Their call-back feature wasn’t working. Texted back to Tesla to the number that confirmed my order. 40 hours later, I receive a text saying I could edit my order on the app, but gave no instructions. Searched and searched and couldn’t figure it out. Googled it, and all the advice refers to an “edit order” link that does not exist on the web page, nor on the app. As I have previously mentioned, I had a Y and had a good experience with it, but now, I have to ask myself “do I want to beg a company to take my $100,000?” Anyway, does anyone know how I can change/edit my order to the yoke?

Reactions: TheWhiteEGG
@KingPaul You can either use your app, swipe to the page with your reserved car, and click "MANAGE" to log into the reservation, or log on to tesla.com and access the reservation. Once there, scroll to the bottom you should see an ability to EDIT DESIGN. You may see a warning about extra fees or delivery delays, but you can likely ignore them.

@KingPaul You can either use your app, swipe to the page with your reserved car, and click "MANAGE" to log into the reservation, or log on to tesla.com and access the reservation. Once there, scroll to the bottom you should see an ability to EDIT DESIGN. You may see a warning about extra fees or delivery delays, but you can likely ignore them.
No “edit design” link. Only a “view design” link, that just shows what I ordered, and also an “upgrade” link under FSD.

No “edit design” link. Only a “view design” link, that just shows what I ordered, and also an “upgrade” link under FSD.
Maybe your order has been sent to the factory then?

This is what I still see in mine.... FWIW.
Screenshot_20230208_204956_Chrome.png