Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moved some of the Elon discussion here

Will try and get a note added that first post was moved from different thread and not started by initial author.

Reactions: Dylan McNamee
Moved some of the Elon discussion here

Will try and get a note added that first post was moved from different thread and not started by initial author.
Woohoo! Thanks for cleaning up my mess on aisle 3 🤣

Andrew has huge respect in the community and has just as readily posted his losses as well as his victories. Also, if you actually watched the video and saw the conversation and the reactions of the Sapphire owner, you wouldn't believe for a second that he was "in" on some sort of deception.
Are you saying people can’t act?

In any case, it could be accidental then. Tires being a big possibility as others have mentioned. But in no world do I believe the Plaid is a better performer than the Sapphire in real life.

Are you saying people can’t act?

In any case, it could be accidental then. Tires being a big possibility as others have mentioned. But in no world do I believe the Plaid is a better performer than the Sapphire in real life.

I think the we have one example of real world performance of a Lucid Sapphire that doesn't have an obvious conflict of interest due to the reviewer or the event being handed a car by Lucid for the specific purpose of that marketing or review video.

One sample isn't enough to definitively conclude the Sapphire doesn't perform to spec but you can't use the previous examples as evidence to support the performance claims for obvious reasons. Whatever the reasons for the shortfall whether it be a malfunctioning car or an incompetent driver, the Plaid consistently gets 9.3s, even on unprepped streets by drivers who have no clue what they're doing.

We'll see what happens with additional examples.

One thing I though was interesting is the Sapphire's ET dropped with every run as the SOC went down while the Plaid kept the same times. So one thing to watch for is if the Sapphire can only achieve, if even at all, the performance spec on a nearly full battery. The other thing that was interesting is that the Sapphire never closed the gap after the 60 foot when traction was no longer possibly an issue.

Well, that was yesterday. Today, I get notice of a 57PF53 deliverable now through the next 7 days.

I've enjoyed the banter here on these few 2023 inventory vehicles; but what are your thoughts on my getting this order filled the next day? A cancelled order, most likely?

Should I hold? Cancel, and play Russian Roulette with pricing, features, range, etc?

I've asked for the build date with no response yet.
Order date 12/23/2023
MSLR/White/Cream/Wheel/19''
Original EDD Jan24-Feb24
Revised: 01/04/24 - EDD pushed to Feb 13 to Mar 26
Notified later in the day: 01/04/24 - EDD Jan 4 to 11
Delivered: 01/07/24 at Sunday noon.

On the 4th, I was given the option to pick it up on Mon the 8th or Tues the 9th. I asked if I could get it today (the 7th) which they accommodated with a noon express delivery. (And by express, they mean it! Sign here. The cars yours if you like it!)

I was skeptical on Friday, and several of you helped with guidance. I was concerned it was a reject, cancelled order or just stale inventory, especially since I wasn't getting info on build date, etc. Anyway, the vehicle was a December build with 8 miles. I could find nothing wrong with it, even after a 2.5 hour drive home putting it through its paces. Just what I wanted. I'm fine with the 2023 designation and am not inclined to overthink the potential loss of resale value years down the road coupled with the fear of price increases, range decreases, etc.

The vehicle is worth the wait . . . but it's also worth getting sooner than later! Thanks to all for this great forum.

Is that before the matrix headlights and HW4?
Yup. Before everything. So I'd miss the new headlights, tail lights, steam, larger rear screen, improved brakes, improved roof glass, motorized screen, hw4, etc.

It's an interesting question what "FSD" is going to mean for hw3 cars vs hw4. Eventually it is going to stop improving for hw3 cars and that's the end.

It would have ultrasound, though!

Yup. Before everything. So I'd miss the new headlights, tail lights, steam, larger rear screen, improved brakes, improved roof glass, motorized screen, hw4, etc.

It's an interesting question what "FSD" is going to mean for hw3 cars vs hw4. Eventually it is going to stop improving for hw3 cars and that's the end.

HW4 won’t get real Fsd ever either IMO. The sensor suite just isn’t there

Reactions: aerodyne and teko

I thought ultrasound was removed in 2022?