Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a single refresh S/X has gotten the holiday update. Tesla still can’t even tell the truth about timing, or even take a moment to explain the delay. Nope.

This is probably old news but I saw that the MS come with All Season tires now. Looks like I'll save some money on not replacing tires!

I hope not on the Plaid! I think it looks like AS on the LR and Summer on the Plaid. Hopefully!

That’s what the website says. I think it’s been like that for a while.

Though I do wish all seasons from the factory were an option on the plaid for those of us who live in places with winters.

It has been that way for quite a while. The AS on the LR was the reason they had to drop the speed rating of the vehicle to 149mph. The Plaid will never come with them due to this speed rating. My OG LR was delivered with the PS4S because there were no AS available at the time.

Reactions: Septocaine
The updated lower 130 mph speed limit on the long range doesn't make any sense to me. How does that impact the EPA testing? Why would the EPA test cycle have anything to do with the maximum speed? It should be fixed speeds for all cars.
Who said it has anything to do with the EPA testing?

Most likely due to the new more efficient tires. They did the same thing to the Highland in China.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yelobird
The updated lower 130 mph speed limit on the long range doesn't make any sense to me. How does that impact the EPA testing? Why would the EPA test cycle have anything to do with the maximum speed? It should be fixed speeds for all cars.

Maybe Tesla used other (cheaper) tires with lower speed rating. EPA ratings are measured with whatever standard configuration you use.

They probably changed to some high efficiency tire to keep the range above 400 with the new rating scale. Said tire is probably H rated, hence the lower speed limiter

They changed to more efficient tires that are also rated for a lower speed. This was to offset exactly the EPA testing changes and the "comfort and functionality" improvements.

Tesla still hasn't disclosed how much of the range reduction is from their actual increases in battery usage vs the EPAs change in testing.

To those that went before me...

I have a MSP delivery scheduled for this Sat. Irony that it's the 13th too. Lucky me.

Accuweather and other weather sources are forecasting 6" of snow and blizzard conditions with freezing temps starting Fri night and well into Sat. The app isn't allowing reschedules.

Not an ideal day for inspection/delivery. Not ideal for an hour trip to and again from the delivery center; especially knowing the Plaid is delivered with summer tires and will have to be driven like it's wearing ice skates home.

When I asked about ways to mitigate this instead of a, hey I see your traveling in from a neighboring state so let's reschedule for the following week I get "We can do it indoors if it mean that much to you. We want to have your delivery experience as pleasant as possible. Thank you."

With every Tesla I obtain (this makes 4) the buying experience keeps dropping imho. "...if it means that much to you." still bugs me hours later. Plus while the media focuses on his range reduction being for 2024 models, common sense would be this impacts years before as well; I feel like the range exaggeration story would have continued if the DoJ hadn't become involved.

However, what are my options?

1) Maybe the storm is a bust, go get the vehicle, inspect for major issues, take home to a heated garage for close inspection, and assuming the three days to submit issues is Sat, Sun, then Mon get anything submitted Mon. Live with SC fixes for any discovered issues.

2) Re-engage the anonymous agent behind the app. Tell them to reschedule delivery by a week. Hope the weather simply stays cold versus blizzardly. I doubt this would impact supercharging transfer promo, trade-in, or financing.

3) Request a two week "hold". It sounds like this might release the VIN. Maybe it gets reassigned. Maybe I get a worse 2023, maybe I get a 2024 assigned. I doubt this would impact trade-in, or financing. I have a concern it could impact supercharging transfer promo.

4) Inspect the vehicle, find a major issue, reject the vehicle. Like option 3 maybe I get a worse 2023, maybe I get a 2024. Same concern it could impact supercharging transfer promo. In fact one user on this forum/thread suggested I could lose FUSC on my source vehicle this way.

5) Walk away. I could lose the $250 fee, but with this reduction in range hitting the MSP the most, and others getting the opportunity to cancel and get their $250 back I think I have a chance. Enjoy my current Tesla and wait for the next too good to miss promo.

Am I missing any other options?

Reactions: Deisic