Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Post in thread 'Model S Delivery Update'
Wiki - Model S Delivery Update

I tracked the car after rejection. It stayed in inventory until end of the year, and then Tesla appears to have moved it into their demo fleet.

I have sat in this car/used it to confirm the colorway we wanted. Pretty sure this is the same vehicle... This to me shows you can find anything wrong with anything if you choose to. Older pics from when we saw it a month ago, just remembered I had them. The way you speak about it/stalked it, you'd have thought it looked like Frankenstein and ran over your foot on an errant Summon or something...

IMG_2678.JPG

IMG_2679.JPG

IMG_2680.JPG

Your money, your rules. I'll let the internet decide...

I have sat in this car/used it to confirm the colorway we wanted. Pretty sure this is the same vehicle... This to me shows you can find anything wrong with anything if you choose to. Older pics from when we saw it a month ago, just remembered I had them. The way you speak about it/stalked it, you'd have thought it looked like Frankenstein and ran over your foot on an errant Summon or something...

View attachment 1021856

View attachment 1021857

View attachment 1021858

Your money, your rules. I'll let the internet decide...
I cant in good faith say that I see any issues, but also - they mightve fixed the alignment issues before putting it out for demo, perhaps?

So... as usual I have mixed feedback. This lady (see attached) is saying they need the insurance info to show the vin of my plaid. Why would I insure a car for 2 weeks that I don't have yet? This is that gray area that hopes stuff like this would not hold up my delivery. In the tesla app it shows insurance as complete.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240225_155646_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20240225_155646_Tesla.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 13
So... as usual I have mixed feedback. This lady (see attached) is saying they need the insurance info to show the vin of my plaid. Why would I insure a car for 2 weeks that I don't have yet? This is that gray area that hopes stuff like this would not hold up my delivery. In the tesla app it shows insurance as complete.
Just talk to your insurance company. They shouldn’t have any issues issuing a card with the new vin with the start date being the anticipated date of delivery. They can also change that date or cancel it altogether should the date change or you reject the car.

Reactions: Septocaine
Maybe new model S seats spotted in Spain?

Reactions: phantasms
I was holding out hope I guess. I would've taken the '23 I don't care. I have never used a horn other than to record video anyways.

I'd love a plaid but I also try to live within my means with out debt (other than mortgage obviously). Waiting will continue to be my place in life I figure.🤷‍♂️
If you think you’d enjoy the Plaid acceleration and you have the ability to pay $75k cash, it probably wouldn’t take you very long to save the extra $15k. If you enjoy brutal acceleration, that $15k is well worth it. Or you can go used and pay something close to the LR price (or less)

Maybe new model S seats spotted in Spain?
Maybe. Hard to make out.
IMG_3762.png

When did you order? I’m also in OR. Ordered 2/4, received VIN on 2/24, EDD 2/25-3/3 (but who knows with EPA hold).
At least if I had been assigned a vin I'd feel like there was progress. Especially since my exact model and specs is at salem right now and says available for delivery.

Heck, my app says early pick up available but they won't honor then price We agreed to if I take that one. But, with the $2500 increase and the $2500 drop in trade in value for waiting this long. Had I just ordered a plaid in December I'd have been far better off. Oh well.

Maybe it's a Texas thing if Tesla still can't technically sell there. Unless things are change, you have to complete the transaction and actually have the car purchased before it comes into Texas(unless it's all changed again). If so, I can imagine they'd probably want it insured first.

Of course if you're paying cash, then all you have to do is get liability insurance so I guess that theory is out the window.

If I don't reject my MSP on Wednesday, before I drive off the lot with it, I will use my USAA app to press a single button that activates the quote that is already sitting there even though I technically have 30 days. Don't want to risk the extra hassle....plus I know just how much the policy is already.

I was holding out hope I guess. I would've taken the '23 I don't care. I have never used a horn other than to record video anyways.

I'd love a plaid but I also try to live within my means with out debt (other than mortgage obviously). Waiting will continue to be my place in life I figure.🤷‍♂️

I totally agree with you 100%. Although using the term debt cant be complicated as the right kind of debt with a low interest rate can be used to leverage wealth building. But I assume you mean toxic debt like high interest cards etc.

At least if I had been assigned a vin I'd feel like there was progress. Especially since my exact model and specs is at salem right now and says available for delivery.

Heck, my app says early pick up available but they won't honor then price We agreed to if I take that one. But, with the $2500 increase and the $2500 drop in trade in value for waiting this long. Had I just ordered a plaid in December I'd have been far better off. Oh well.
Average Tesla behavior 🤦‍♂️

Seriously man. I originally ordered in late Oct. but canceled to wait for a 2024 VIN. Fast forward 4 months. Would have been better off taking the 2023 and trading in my current car months ago. Oh well. Never a dull moment with Tesla. 😂

Conundrum. Thinking of canceling. The DS says the LP holders are now factory installed and there's no way for them to honor my request that they don't install it. The PPF guy said it would not be a good idea to remove it with the paint so fresh and that it might pull apart the clear and the base. I can't even drive it until put painters tape over everything. I suppose I could drive it home and leave it for month and then remove the holder but If there's already damaged paint under the holder I wouldn't know it until after I take delivery.

And yes, I intend to drive without the front plate as I always have except my 2009 Prius.

Anyone have any advice on how to remove it without damaging the paint?

Reactions: aerodyne