Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitively confirmed as such? If so, they are really starting to blur the lines of the 3/S mark. It’s there, but getting blurrier.
Now that I look at them side by side, I don’t think so. Ludicrous doesn’t have the suede elements. The S seats also look wider, maybe there’s a bit of an optical illusion with the white seats and black bolsters, but I think it’s unmistakably wider nonetheless.

1712958588113.jpeg

Vs

1712958617090.jpeg

Totally with you on the width up at the top/shoulder wings, not so much on the bolsters not being Alcantara or something like that. Given the differences in the color/shade if you look closely, granted it could just be light changes given the different angles, I think they are either Alcantara or some other "grippy" vegan leather variant... time will tell. Different seats for sure.

1712959588968.png

Reactions: cwanja
I think you’re just seeing the end result of the perforations after a lot of jpeg compression and noise reduction. I had a higher res pic somewhere, but can’t find it now

Too bad none of the shots of the white interior ludicrous go low enough to see

Last edited:
Reactions: cwanja
Now that I look at them side by side, I don’t think so. Ludicrous doesn’t have the suede elements. The S seats also look wider, maybe there’s a bit of an optical illusion with the white seats and black bolsters, but I think it’s unmistakably wider nonetheless.

View attachment 1038128

Vs

View attachment 1038129
That Model 3 seat looks insanely uncomfortable. Headrest seems like it’s going to dip into the neck area

Reactions: AMPd
PSA: Some new owners are reporting “daytime running lamp malfunction” notification (and one or both lamps actually failing to illuminate) less than a month after delivery. Before you panic and schedule service, try manually locking and unlocking the car, especially if you have your lock setting to remain unlocked at home. Should fix the issue in most cases. Rebooting does not fix the issue.

How? The old seats were the same across S LR and Plaid minus stitching. To me, buy large orders, less cost of goods. And just throw different stitching in every third seat you make.

The updated M3P will sell far more than pre seat change than all S/X trims combined making the seats less expensive for the MSP at the very least and why they didn't make it an up charge. They're rather have all MSP have the new seats for their own costs. The only reason they don't extend those to the MSLR is for differentiation. I also predict the MXP will have these same seats very shortly.

Reactions: aerodyne
Totally with you on the width up at the top/shoulder wings, not so much on the bolsters not being Alcantara or something like that. Given the differences in the color/shade if you look closely, granted it could just be light changes given the different angles, I think they are either Alcantara or some other "grippy" vegan leather variant... time will tell. Different seats for sure.

View attachment 1038135

I think we're going to have to wait until we get real pictures of actually shipping units. I'm sure the seats were changing and in flux during testing you can't rely on photos prior to official release or actual customer units that weren't testing.

Reactions: RyanC1384
I think we're going to have to wait until we get real pictures of actually shipping units. I'm sure the seats were changing and in flux during testing you can't rely on photos prior to official release or actual customer units that weren't testing.

So, you mean saying something along the lines of: "Thank God I missed those. I detest any seude (sic) on seating surfaces." might be premature before we actually, you know, see and sit in actually shipping units???

:rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: Yelobird
They charge $2000 for a steering wheel and airbag. And this will need the front and rear seats replaced. With the front seats having 2 airbags each.

$10k is my pick.
imagine the retrofit will be for driver + passenger only, about 2100$ a seat if you were to get one replaced currently, so around 5k. I doubt they would replace the rear bench as well as part of the retrofit, but maybe.

So I got myself a toolbox subscription and have been flipping through the "theory of operations" documents. Found this interesting

I'm sure that's been there a while (page says last revised October 2023). But I do find it notable that the wording is pretty much identical to that of the Model 3 Highland and Cybertruck pages.

1712977253636.png

1712977456279.png

Clearly there was some work already put into the lights. I wonder what the holdup is. And I do wonder if those of us with late 2023 / 2024 builds still have the wiring. I didn't see it when I popped off my trim, but I didn't look behind the door panel either

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
So I got myself a toolbox subscription and have been flipping through the "theory of operations" documents. Found this interesting

I'm sure that's been there a while (page says last revised October 2023). But I do find it notable that the wording is pretty much identical to that of the Model 3 Highland and Cybertruck pages.

View attachment 1038230

View attachment 1038231

Clearly there was some work already put into the lights. I wonder what the holdup is. And I do wonder if those of us with late 2023 / 2024 builds still have the wiring. I didn't see it when I popped off my trim, but I didn't look behind the door panel either
Wiring was gone for mine when installed my solution for lighting, feb 24 build. Fwiw that theory of operation doc may have been like that for a while, it lines up pretty cleanly with the original pre-launch renders of what the planned lighting was supposed to be. If you poke around the instrument cluster section i wonder if you’ll find anything for it.

Reactions: zoomer0056