Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure I should be this excited for the electrician to come by tomorrow morning to finally install my HPWC, but I am! I guess it is just another step towards the finish line. After this I'm going to shop around for someone to epoxy ththe garage floor. End of August early September can't come soon enough.

Not sure I should be this excited for the electrician to come by tomorrow morning to finally install my HPWC, but I am! I guess it is just another step towards the finish line. After this I'm going to shop around for someone to epoxy ththe garage floor. End of August early September can't come soon enough.

When did tou confirm the order.
Inalso did my garage 240v plug coyle if weeks ago but still waiting on the car to gonin production. I confirmed in 7/14 and still stuck. This waiting really sucks.

• Funny
Reactions: Austin Powers
I confirmed 7/22. The waiting is for sure painful, but I kinda expected to have a long wait. My DS told me even after the car finishes production it will be another 3-4 weeks in transit. I checked the google doc for this quarter, last quarter, and the first quarter and some in Florida received it within 10 days whereas others it took about 25 days. I've already driven my fiancé nuts lol. I try suggesting lets go to the mall. She sees right through me (tesla store is at the mall). Anyway, 90 minutes until electrician!

Just a timing FYI for folks: My /mytesla page updated to "In Production" on Saturday Afternoon 2pm EST, but I just got the email confirming that my car is in production this morning @ 7am EST, not sure if the delay between the two is normal or not...

Normal from what I saw. My own personal stalking of the myTesla page told me it was in production before I got the email.

Am I reading this right? You ordered in the end of June and still in production queue? Wow, that's a long time. What's the hold up? What does your DS say?

Yep, reading that right :( And if you look a few pages back on this thread you can see I did analysis that indicates I'm almost at 3 standard deviations beyond the average for similar battery & pickup located vehicles. I don't know what the hold up is; however, my DS indicated that last week was the planned production window with early this week as the worst case. I haven't heard anything from them since early last week... I know some people haven't had their page update or gotten emails when in production, so hoping I'm in that category... I wanted to pick up on Friday but seems like that's not happening now.

This scares me, I got confirmed on the 22 of July and a good friend of mine also order and was confirmed on the 20 of July, he went into production on the 5th of August and I haven't. I hope I don't become a anomaly like you.

Bud

Yep, reading that right :( And if you look a few pages back on this thread you can see I did analysis that indicates I'm almost at 3 standard deviations beyond the average for similar battery & pickup located vehicles. I don't know what the hold up is; however, my DS indicated that last week was the planned production window with early this week as the worst case. I haven't heard anything from them since early last week... I know some people haven't had their page update or gotten emails when in production, so hoping I'm in that category... I wanted to pick up on Friday but seems like that's not happening now.

I dont know if its the NextGenTan seats. I also have TAN seats and still waiting on production.

I dont know if its the NextGenTan seats. I also have TAN seats and still waiting on production.

Someone mentioned that there was an indication that a supplier has been running behind/slow on delivery and this might be a cause. Also there is the possibility of a shift to a single assembly line for both S/X to begin upgrading the second production line for the future Model 3 production. Analysis by other TMC members doesn't seem to indicate a specific cause/feature being the driving factor. But there has been an about minimum of 10 day into production difference between June and July confirm to production times... according the the graph @Odebek posted on the previous page, which assumes all July orders go into delivery by the end of this month.