Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My friend from my performing days, Brian, is my DS from Buena Park, if he is your guy tell him hi when you pick up :) mine is in production as of Friday.
Cool! I will say hi if I see him. I saw 3 names: Julia, Brian, and Marshall at the bottom of the welcoming email from the delivery team. Julia is the DS who has called me to let me know the status of my vehicle. I am surprised that it only took them 3 days to build my 75D and it is in transit right now. My delivery date is scheduled for Thursday 8/25 at 2:30pm. Can't wait!

Screenshot (1).png

In case anyone cares the spreadsheet has a descrepency. I went looking for my record and found my car but my username had been changed to "madmantm". It appears as though 9-10 others have been changed to the same or variations of the same username, most are from Texas with one from Montreal and one from Fremont. I've fixed mine based on the correct dates, options and VIN. Hope this is helpful to others who can't find their car on the list.

I saw that too recently. Looks like the person madmantm wrote his name overtop Texas members - while doing a search for his own record. I had a recent copy from the site so I went out and fixed the "madmantm" names in column A. Best way to search is to look for your vin # (ie. search for "151xxx")

That is the average number of days (rounded) from confirmation to production start.

I'm currently at 40 days and counting.

I apologize for posting the same old stuff everyday but perhaps it will serve as an indicator that some orders take much longer than others, just as some orders go much quicker than the average. I will definitely post when I take delivery to give the timeline of order to deliver. Obviously no where close to the "4-6 week" timeline told to me during my Test dice by my owner advisor.

That is the average number of days (rounded) from confirmation to production start.

I apologize for posting the same old stuff everyday but perhaps it will serve as an indicator that some orders take much longer than others, just as some orders go much quicker than the average. I will definitely post when I take delivery to give the timeline of order to deliver. Obviously no where close to the "4-6 week" timeline told to me during my Test dice by my owner advisor.

You're not alone; I feel the pain too, Buddy. I really do think our cars are going to go in production together though.....

Reactions: Buddy

Looks about right - roughly 20 based on recent trending. You can use my chart to complain to your local DS and say "come on guys..."
The fatness in late 2014 were S85D folks confirming in October and going to production Feb 2015 or later.
When the chart dips low, usually a new version or feature comes out (70, 60, Ludicrous, referral program). Is it time for AP2.0, the 100 kWh and slight increase on the Ludicrous acceleration along with other referral deals or continued Model 3 "pull back selling" into MS60s?
For-sure, the California orders mid-quarter seem to get slowed-down but certainly will be delivered before quarter-end.

upload_2016-8-20_6-14-12.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Geowil and Buddy
When the chart dips low, usually a new version or feature comes out (70, 60, Ludicrous, referral program).

After I wrote the above line, I found out that now, you can get a 2-year lease on any model. So, the 2-year "lease" lever has been pulled. I don't know the leasing partner of this or perhaps it is through Tesla Finance, which has handled leases before using their own funds. This means that cars coming off the 2-year lease starting now will be coming back at the same time as the 3-year leases from summer into fall of 2015. Notice the peak Vin # issuance was in September 2015. Lease come-backs in late summer 2018 should be sizable as people return their leases in the hopes of buying Model 3 at that time. However, buying an MS60 today versus Lease(60)+Buy(3) is about the same cost and you own it for years.

Better call your DS and get an appointment on the books. Got mine today and the earliest available was 8/25.
Picking up at 9am on Saturday the 27th. Joe Torbati from OCDetailing is meeting me for the inspection, then taking the car for PPF, window tint, etc. He is an artist in the truest sense of the word, and did an amazing job on my first Model S.

I just updated the spreadsheet. VIN on 8/1 and production started today. However interestingly enough I updated this morning and it still said production que. I emailed my DS and asked him for an update and he sent me an email that my car is getting assembled. I then go and refresh MyTesla and now it shows in production.

Delivery date he thinks will be the week of 8/29 or 9/5 barring any delays. Super excited. Now I'm just debating on whether I order some winter tires since I'm in Denver and we are running out of snowless roads soon.

Reactions: dehydratedH2O
Wait, I didn't know Joe does inspection and pickup. That's cool. Used him way back when he was still in Orinda. Nice to know, I told him about my delivery, but he didn't mention that he does inspections too.

-ThinkMac-

Picking up at 9am on Saturday the 27th. Joe Torbati from OCDetailing is meeting me for the inspection, then taking the car for PPF, window tint, etc. He is an artist in the truest sense of the word, and did an amazing job on my first Model S.

Wait, I didn't know Joe does inspection and pickup. That's cool. Used him way back when he was still in Orinda. Nice to know, I told him about my delivery, but he didn't mention that he does inspections too.

-ThinkMac-
Have you picked up your car yet? If not, just email him and ask him to join you for the pickup/inspection. He recently moved the shop to Fremont so it's easier for him to do that.

So I just reloaded MyTesla and it now says my Tesla has been built and is in transit from the Factory. Estimated deliver window is August 26-September 2. I just got confirmation on Saturday that my car was in production via MyTesla after I sent an email to my DS. I doubt my car was built in 1 day so I'm guessing the MyTesla website is not quite accurate. However I'm surprised my DS didn't know that it would be done today and in transit. Anyway looking forward to delivery! Boy I hope it is Friday!

So I just reloaded MyTesla and it now says my Tesla has been built and is in transit from the Factory. Estimated deliver window is August 26-September 2. I just got confirmation on Saturday that my car was in production via MyTesla after I sent an email to my DS. I doubt my car was built in 1 day so I'm guessing the MyTesla website is not quite accurate. However I'm surprised my DS didn't know that it would be done today and in transit. Anyway looking forward to delivery! Boy I hope it is Friday!

You'd be surprised how quickly they can build. 1 day isn't unheard of.