Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Carnage did you get your car yet?

Nope, it switched from in transit to production complete last week and DS can do no better than "next week" (as of last week, killing me, Friday is the end of my delivery window and the Alliant guy initially said 8/26 was back, so I am thinking then.

How about you?

In the middle of my delivery window 8/21-8/28, just asked my DS if he had an updated time frame. He responded with "It's going to be going through inspection soon!". I am not sure if he realizes this just forces me to hit refresh every 20 seconds. What is soon? lol :(

I really appreciate transparency so it would go a long way if I knew the specific reason. Currently I'm being told I'm right on track and that the reason many cars ordered after me have already been delivered is "tesla builds cars based off configurations".

if I don't go into production this week I'm going to ask for a specific reason such as my trim holding me up, car color, delivery center, etc.

Another day down, another email to my DS, this time asking exactly what the hold up is. I was willing to admit I was being whiny last week around day 5/6, but ten really does seem too long.
Hey, I will be going to factory on Wednesday for tour, I will surely ask why this hold up especially for you and @Buddy. This is crazy, I am sure they can do better with communications for the price we pay for these cars.

I really appreciate transparency so it would go a long way if I knew the specific reason. Currently I'm being told I'm right on track and that the reason many cars ordered after me have already been delivered is "tesla builds cars based off configurations".

if I don't go into production this week I'm going to ask for a specific reason such as my trim holding me up, car color, delivery center, etc.

If I was you, there would have been at least 1 or 2 emails by now to corporate on how lack of communication and transparency is impacting customers. You don't loose anything by telling them how we feel when DS is not sharing exactly what's going on or even making effort to figure that out. After all we all are paying top dollar for the product.

Hey, I will be going to factory on Wednesday for tour, I will surely ask why this hold up especially for you and @Buddy. This is crazy, I am sure they can do better with communications for the price we pay for these cars.
You see a blue one near the finish line (with a layer of dust on it) just let me know. I know folks who live near Fremont. Prison break!

Edit to add: Actually, if you do get chance to ask - I'd love to know what mechanism updates MyTesla. They do a good job of automating a ton of stuff - is that automated as well, or is it on the DS or factory to update?

If I was you, there would have been at least 1 or 2 emails by now to corporate on how lack of communication and transparency is impacting customers. You don't loose anything by telling them how we feel when DS is not sharing exactly what's going on or even making effort to figure that out. After all we all are paying top dollar for the product.

What's kept me from this is my DS. He told me to expect an early September delivery initially. The only reason I know I'm behind the average is the dang spreadsheet.
If it weren't for that spreadsheet I'd be ignorant and happy lol.

You see a blue one near the finish line (with a layer of dust on it) just let me know. I know folks who live near Fremont. Prison break!

Edit to add: Actually, if you do get chance to ask - I'd love to know what mechanism updates MyTesla. They do a good job of automating a ton of stuff - is that automated as well, or is it on the DS or factory to update?

You got it, I will be surely sharing thoughts from forum

Reactions: alexvirital