Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am sure production is done, they won't put a estimated date till production is done, the delay is probably securing transportation details. Unless they want to post status " Production complete, waiting for driver(out for lunch) to load car in truck/train" :)
Are you certain?

I ask because I'm in California and end of production to delivery can sometimes be just a few days. I was hoping I'd get a delivery window at least 2 weeks out so I can finalize my trade in and financing.

I am sure production is done, they won't put a estimated date till production is done, the delay is probably securing transportation details. Unless they want to post status " Production complete, waiting for driver(out for lunch) to load car in truck/train" :)
In addition the status update can be delayed intentionally too, as no manufacturing unit want others to predict production volume details! Imagine the impact on stock.. from forum updates

Did yours update to no longer say "In Production" before it was on the train? I mean, I'd be exceptionally happy with "oh whoops it's been done and on the train lol we forgot to hit the button". I'm just, you know. Ahem. Perfectly calm. Everything's fine.

• Funny
Reactions: fallen888
Are you certain?

I ask because I'm in California and end of production to delivery can sometimes be just a few days. I was hoping I'd get a delivery window at least 2 weeks out so I can finalize my trade in and financing.

Well! When you booked the timeline on delivery was mentioned. I am sure they will place your order in production based on transportation time needed. I think Most of these estimates are software driven based on stats defined within Tesla's supply chain management. They surely want everyone to have similar experience and wait time rather than preferred local deliveries. You may go late In production but won't be too far on delivery date. Though painful wait but the excitement build up is worth it.

• Informative
Reactions: Buddy
Did yours update to no longer say "In Production" before it was on the train? I mean, I'd be exceptionally happy with "oh whoops it's been done and on the train lol we forgot to hit the button". I'm just, you know. Ahem. Perfectly calm. Everything's fine.

Technically, it's in production till it departs, or assigned transportation from factory to be in transit

I picked mine up a couple of days ago, but I did want to report back to this thread with my experience removing the front license plate bracket. It was one of the thing I worried about. However, it did end up being very easy to remove and took me less than 10 minutes. Just follow the instructions from the main thread on it. I got the special wrench to undo the weird screws, but I barely used it as I think I could have almost done the entire unscrewing of those by hand. I would still recommend spending the $10 to have it just in case.

The only thing that sucked was getting it started in pulling it away from the double sided tape. Once you get it started you just keep pulling until it is off, but you might be swearing up a storm as you try to get a grip on it and get it started.

I am very happy to have finally graduated from this thread and into actual ownership :D

@KJ2016, that's fantastic man. Congrats. I'm still sitting at "in production", which given that my DS has been completely MIA since Monday, I have no clue if I'm on your train or not. :(

I do wonder what updates MyTesla - the DS, or something at the factory, or a script? I'd like to hope it's the latter...

edit: My DS just confirmed that i'm not out of production yet. Hello Production my old friend...

Last edited:
@KJ2016, that's fantastic man. Congrats. I'm still sitting at "in production", which given that my DS has been completely MIA since Monday, I have no clue if I'm on your train or not. :(

I do wonder what updates MyTesla - the DS, or something at the factory, or a script? I'd like to hope it's the latter...

edit: My DS just confirmed that i'm not out of production yet. Hello Production my old friend...

I really hope you get to transit soon and enjoy beach trip. I just applied for Alliant, haven't heard anything yet from them. How long did it take for you.
Also, who is you DS

@KJ2016 - I heard back from Alliant same-day, though as I had given them post-tax instead of pre-tax income the first time, there was a brief moment of panic. :)

My DS is Jessie up here in Tysons. She's been great, i'm sure they're just swamped lately. Plus i'm ornery and the office had beer this afternoon.
Thanks. Its friday to enjoy, have a few for me as well. I got Jessie as DS too and she has been very prompt. Although she tries to give worst case dates to be safe always.

In case anyone cares the spreadsheet has a descrepency. I went looking for my record and found my car but my username had been changed to "madmantm". It appears as though 9-10 others have been changed to the same or variations of the same username, most are from Texas with one from Montreal and one from Fremont. I've fixed mine based on the correct dates, options and VIN. Hope this is helpful to others who can't find their car on the list.