Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm glad you guys mentioned getting a "Pro-Forma" on this thread. I'd never heard of one and my D.S. is gone for 14 days so maybe that's why I never was sent one. Called up the store and got one emailed to me. Gives me one more thing to stare at while I patiently (not at all) wait for the car. Ha, ha.

The estimated delivery date for me is Dec. 26th (after ordering on Oct. 18th & confirming on Oct. 25th). I'd love to have it the week before if at all possible. We'll see.

Edit: Also, it took 20 days for "My Tesla" to show the update to full autopilot in my reservation. All along, Tesla said it would just take a while for the system to update with the change, but it took a little longer than they thought it would. So if you're still waiting, no worries.

Reactions: DarylS2001
I hesitate to call him every day to check on the car... but if something changes and he doesn't send an email, I would definitely call him to figure it out. Its possible that it hasn't REALLY changed, just the web site did... for some reason I have heard a number of people saying that the site changed but their DS indicated that everything was still on track. My DS told me that he had a much better appreciation for when the car would be moving through the system than the web site does,

However no matter what, as HebrHmr indicated, that's their job, it's not like you are calling just to ask "are we there yet?", you have a legitimate question.
I totally agree - I've been lucky that my DS has been very good about communicating. It's the DS job to answer your questions (luckily mine is good with communicating through e-mail) - call away! :cool:

I'm glad you guys mentioned getting a "Pro-Forma" on this thread. I'd never heard of one and my D.S. is gone for 14 days so maybe that's why I never was sent one. Called up the store and got one emailed to me. Gives me one more thing to stare at while I patiently (not at all) wait for the car. Ha, ha.

The estimated delivery date for me is Dec. 26th (after ordering on Oct. 18th & confirming on Oct. 25th). I'd love to have it the week before if at all possible. We'll see.

Edit: Also, it took 20 days for "My Tesla" to show the update to full autopilot in my reservation. All along, Tesla said it would just take a while for the system to update with the change, but it took a little longer than they thought it would. So if you're still waiting, no worries.
I'm glad I could help - anyone who is arranging financing outside of Tesla will need the pro-forma to give to the lender. Plus it seems to have an added bonus of an estimated delivery date. :rolleyes:

I ordered 10/19, got confirmation 10/26. My DS said on confirmation that estimate was Dec 15.
Original online estimate was "Dec-early Jan", the next week changed to "Late Nov- Dec", the next week it changed back to "Dec-early Jan". Today it changed back again to "Late Nov- Dec".
I am guessing my car is right on the edge of their estimate windows, so it keeps bouncing between them. Late November would be nice.

MS P90D. Midnight Grey, black premium leather, Pano, Enhanced AP w full self drive, UHFS, SAS, Prem upgrade.

Reactions: DarylS2001

"A pro-forma invoice is a preliminary bill of sale sent to buyers in advance of a shipment or delivery of goods. Typically, it gives a description of the purchased items and notes the cost along with other important information, such as shipping weight and transport charges. Pro-forma invoices are often used for customs purposes on imports."​

In this case, they are also often needed by lendors, especially for larger loans.

Basically, it is Tesla saying what the car is worth and when they think it will be ready, but it is PRELIMINARY, so it is also generally not binding.

I'm not sure who maintains the order tracking spreadsheet nowadays but if you're reading this could you add an option to the "roof" to include "glass" or similar? Current choices are Solid Body Colored & Pano - need to add the solid glass roof option.

I'm still not sure who maintains the order tracking spreadsheet but thanks for adding the glass roof! :)

I'm curious when the first of those start showing up.

Mike

Apparently they're building cars in 1 day now...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 4.47.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 4.47.52 PM.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 72
I just ordered few days ago and my delivery estimate shows Dec to early Jan, like others here.

I talked with my sales advisor as I need the car delivered in 2016. She, after talking to my delivery manager says, I will for sure get it in December, and most likely around middle.

I don't think she has the ability to move me ahead of others, but I also don't have any reason to doubt her. She had been pretty straight forward and upfront me in the whole sales process. She says Tesla is going to deliver as many cars as possible in 2016 to meet their numbers.

So we will see. Maybe lot of cars will get delivered this holiday season :)

Depending on your location, for longer distance deliveries, they switch from slower (but cheaper) train deliveries to truck deliveries in the last month of the quarter. So, delivery times will speed up significantly in a few weeks.

My Tesla said a November - Early December delivery time frame when I ordered last month. That slipped to December - Early January in the last week. And my car just got off the production line, so I now have a more exact timeframe of December 1st - December 15th.

If you're getting antsy, don't panic just yet. They can build the cars pretty quickly and the delivery times will nose dive as they head into the end of the quarter and rush to meet quotas. Their pain is our gain :p

Congratulations on your soon to be delivered MS, @timdorr! and THANK YOU for filling out the Model S Order & Delivery 2016!

I noticed your entry a few days ago, being the first US order placed in October that went into production on the sheet, gives me hope for what seems like an endless waiting period. Totally understand the CA/proximity penalty, but it doesn't make the process any less painful while I watched the cars being built for the rest of the world :confused:

I am trailing you by 4 days on the order/confirmation and 6 days on the VIN. Hopefully that holds true for the production dates as well :D

Do you mind letting me know how you learn the production start date? Was it an email, phone call or just good old fashion refreshing the My Tesla dashboard every 5 minutes?

Can you also let me know what was your contact preference?

Just want to know what to expect next. Thanks!

Do you mind letting me know how you learn the production start date? Was it an email, phone call or just good old fashion refreshing the My Tesla dashboard every 5 minutes?

I noticed it switched to "in production" overnight on Tuesday in My Tesla. I got an email about 24 hours later. But I got the production complete about 15 hours after that.

Can you also let me know what was your contact preference?

I think I have it set to email. I've contacted a couple people at Tesla, mainly due to the AP2 upgrade decision (went with enhanced, but no self-driving). Also, because I'm getting a solid white (discontinued!) P90D (discontinued!) with unlimited Supercharging (discontinued!) and AP2 hardware (added a week after my order), I checked in to make sure I would still get everything as ordered. Of course, I wouldn't argue if they had to upgrade me to a P100D...

• Informative
Reactions: jjen@EDH
Thanks so much for taking the time and sharing such detail information!

I have email as my preferred contact method and just wondering if my obsession of refreshing My Tesla Dashboard every chance I got was warranted.

Congratulations again and enjoy!