Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My order confirmation locked in on Oct 21 @ 11:59pm PDT and I had a delivery date of Dec. I told my DS I didn't want to receive my vehicle before 1/1/17 for tax purposes (so I could use the tax credit in tax year 2017). So a few days later I saw late Dec-Jan 2017 as my estimated delivery date. I now see late Jan - early Feb 2017. I don't mind the push back too much and I wouldn't mind receiving it in March as it would be more of a "birthday" gift to myself then. Wondering though is anyone else getting new delivery times that are pushed back? My car has not entered production yet.

I just put in my order for a 60D on 10/22. The cooling off period will end for me on 11:59pm on 10/30. I'm coming from a December 2013 Model S 85 that I purchased as a CPO from Tesla last year. I'm requesting delivery at the Fremont factory in early January 2017 so that my car can have a "2017" registration. Hopefully that would be beneficial for my future resale value.

Reactions: jimmyjohn
My order confirmation locked in on Oct 21 @ 11:59pm PDT and I had a delivery date of Dec. I told my DS I didn't want to receive my vehicle before 1/1/17 for tax purposes (so I could use the tax credit in tax year 2017). So a few days later I saw late Dec-Jan 2017 as my estimated delivery date. I now see late Jan - early Feb 2017. I don't mind the push back too much and I wouldn't mind receiving it in March as it would be more of a "birthday" gift to myself then. Wondering though is anyone else getting new delivery times that are pushed back? My car has not entered production yet.

Mine locked in last night and has a Dec - early Jan projection. I'm hoping for earlier in December so I can travel with it during the holidays. I need the tax credit for this year and I don't care what year it's registered. I think they pushed you back in the queue because of the request.

Reactions: jedinite
Mine locked in last night and has a Dec - early Jan projection. I'm hoping for earlier in December so I can travel with it during the holidays. I need the tax credit for this year and I don't care what year it's registered. I think they pushed you back in the queue because of the request.
Likely, I wanted to see if it was something they did by request or if it was overall productions were being pushed back. I would love to have my new car for 1/1/17 but waiting is no big deal either.

YES!!
AssignedVIN.jpeg

Been a while since someone has updated their order as entering production on the google sheet...

Model S Order & Delivery 2016

I am curious if they took more than the first week of October off for the upgrade to Enhanced Autopilot to bring in the new production equipment to install the new hardware suite.. it seems like no one (even in EU) has received an Enhanced Autopilot vehicle.

Went all the way through and noticed 4 vehicles that went in production after or on Oct 10. 3 were in the UK and one in Sweden..

I am curious if they took more than the first week of October off for the upgrade to Enhanced Autopilot to bring in the new production equipment to install the new hardware suite.. it seems like no one (even in EU) has received an Enhanced Autopilot vehicle.

Went all the way through and noticed 4 vehicles that went in production after or on Oct 10. 3 were in the UK and one in Sweden..

I'm in the UK and mine went into production last Friday. Out of production and into transit yesterday. Still, that means delivery won't be until end of December/beginning of January.

There's also a large factor of human error. I know when my vehicle enters production my first reaction will be to run around the house screaming, not hop on a spreadsheet and make the edit.

Finally got the call I've been waiting for- the truck should be here tomorrow morning. Took quite a bit longer then I expected, about a month and a half from ordering the showroom car in Brooklyn to delivery to my door in Montana. Turns out there are not many trucks that make that trip, and arranging a delivery just for me would have been "prohibitively expensive" in the words of my DS. :cool:

Reactions: NOLA_Mike
Finally got the call I've been waiting for- the truck should be here tomorrow morning. Took quite a bit longer then I expected, about a month and a half from ordering the showroom car in Brooklyn to delivery to my door in Montana. Turns out there are not many trucks that make that trip, and arranging a delivery just for me would have been "prohibitively expensive" in the words of my DS. :cool:

6 weeks doesn't seem too bad to include the first week of Oct shutdown. I ordered 21 Oct and we're not sure it will make it by the end of the year. Hope the delivery goes smooth!