Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you know if your car is in Atlanta yet? I was supposed to pick mine up on Wednesday 4/19, but the truck carrying them had mechanical problems and now my delivery date is 4/25. I'm also in Atlanta and picking up in Marietta. I wonder if your car is on the same truck.
I'm not sure but it would make sense. My orig. pickup window was the 20th - 25th then my date got pushed back to the 28th.

Congrats! Almost there. Hope it goes smoothly. As for free time...enjoy sitting at home now because when your car arrives you'll want to be in it all the time. We were installing mats in ours today and sat for a bit in the back seats which normally we wouldn't be in and it felt s-o-o good! We don't have the glass roof but the pano and still enjoyed looking up at the view of the sky and trees.

Whoop! After long wait I finally saw the magic words "in transit." For reference to all those anxiously waiting. In production for 29 days, delivery window went from Late April-May, to May-Early June, to May 14-May 28th and now down to April 28th-May 5th...come on birthday weekend surprise!!!

Reactions: SMAlset
I started looking at Tesla when I ordered the Powerwall 2 (or rather my Solar PV installer has) The PW2 wont be delivered and installed until May probably.

When i started looking at Tesla S I realised what an incredibly advanced machine it is, then started looking at Mr Musks other achievements - then bought the book....

Anyway I went to test drive S on Saturday 22 in Birmingham UK, and it was everything that I had read about and more. The test drive was able to demonstrate some of the features of AP2, and I was hooked. Then looked at some of the youtube crash avoidance videos and made the decision to order - 75D with Premium and AP.

Ordered - 24/04/17
Confirmed - 25/04/17

Delivery estimated as June, and the sales guy said the final assembly (mating of drive train and batteries with the rest of the car I think he said) would be completed in Tilburg.

Reactions: SMAlset
There is nothing that drives anticipation more than seeing a couple of car trailers full of Teslas and noticing one that matches the one you've ordered (and is due for delivery) leaving one to ponder whether it's THE ONE or not.

And...there's no greater disappointment to find out that it wasn't the case, AND, in fact, delivery has been moved back a week (due to logistics). :(o_O

I just placed my order for a 75D this past week. I wish I could waive the 7-day period you have to change the order so the countdown can really begin ...
Did you consider just working with the Tesla store to find a near-match or exact-match inventory vehicle to skip the wait altogether? Might still have time to do that. They have a lot of 75D inventory already-built that are not listed on the web site. I am talking no-test-drives-yet inventory.

I will ask, we're meeting my OA so the wifey can take a test drive tomorrow. I thought the new inventory was listed online ... you're saying that there is more than what would come up in a search?

Did you consider just working with the Tesla store to find a near-match or exact-match inventory vehicle to skip the wait altogether? Might still have time to do that. They have a lot of 75D inventory already-built that are not listed on the web site. I am talking no-test-drives-yet inventory.