Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is my MS 100D timeline
Order 4/04
Confirmed 4/11
4/12 - 05/5 refresh My Tesla page about 146 times each day
4/12 - 5/05 check email every ten minutes for a production start email

Ordered 100D 4/5
Confirmed/VIN 4/13
4/13-present - Became a living embodiment of the first world problems meme to all friends and family, "Oh boo hoo, my $100,000+ car isn't in production yet, and I have a perfectly fine car right now that does a satisfactory job of getting me from Point A to Point B. I have the worst life ever."

Delivered! Looks as good and drives as well as the original. Seats are a bit more comfortable and it'll be nice once HW2 gets broken in. Now, just waiting for the Tesla app to connect in. Time to spend some time configuring everything again.

I remember your accident thread so was excited for you to read your back in a car now. Enjoy and hope your ownership with this one is uneventful (at least not in a bad way that is ;))! Love to see some photos of the red beauty.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
not really ;) jks. we've all been theres. its excruciating. I watched all the delivery experience videos on youtube to get me excited/pumped.

been there done that as well!

I always yell/poke fun at my kids for watching youtube videos of people opening toys, playing minecraft, etc...

Watching tesla videos of people going to pick up their vehicle type videos made think, sh*t, this is just the adult version of what my kids are doing.

::hangs head in shame::

been there done that as well!

I always yell/poke fun at my kids for watching youtube videos of people opening toys, playing minecraft, etc...

Watching tesla videos of people going to pick up their vehicle type videos made think, sh*t, this is just the adult version of what my kids are doing.

::hangs head in shame::

I know what you mean. We watched a few videos of owners getting their cars delivered to them. My favorite was of a guy getting his car on a covered truck carrier in Colorado I think. Missed his birthday by one day but that was soon forgotten. As we waited for our car to arrive at our delivery center, it was still exciting to share in their joy. Kind of why after getting our car I still like to come here and read about others about to get theirs and see how it went.

I don't think it's a paint thing. I'm seeing other blue 60/75's in production since I ordered my blue 100D. My guess is battery-related.

Among the vehicles listed in the spreadsheet (which, of course, is only a sample and relies on customers entering their own data), every car that has gone into production from April 13 through today (May 5) has been a 60 or 75. Either this is a choice for production efficiency, or something may be going on with the larger-capacity batteries?

I don't think it's a paint thing. I'm seeing other blue 60/75's in production since I ordered my blue 100D. My guess is battery-related.

Among the vehicles listed in the spreadsheet (which, of course, is only a sample and relies on customers entering their own data), every car that has gone into production from April 13 through today (May 5) has been a 60 or 75. Either this is a choice for production efficiency, or something may be going on with the larger-capacity batteries?

Yup. Not a single 100 ordered in April has gone into production (on the spreadsheet anyway). Hopefully it's just a coincidence but I was really hoping I'd see an update on my status. Ah well still need to get the charger installed anyway. Fingers crossed for next week. Years of practice waiting you'd think a few weeks would be nothing!

Reactions: Robbit

It's a randomness thing. 1) not everyone who's getting a car knows about TOG, the delivery thread or the spreadsheet let alone inputs the data. 2) Given that the 60 packs were going out the door, there's been a rush to purchase before the perceived price increase so there's probably a back order of parts associated to these builds. 3) delivery location matters I think - if it's going to Europe or to the Far East they tend to bundle them up for shipping as well as probably some regulation configuration issues.

I'm unsure of the route the vehicles take to get across the US to the eastern seaboard. I know mine got held up in Chicago due to logistics (finding space on a car carrier to bring it across to Canada). Watch the delivery time frame and see if it doesn't change. Mine got pushed back a week because of Chicago.

This is my second Tesla, and regardless of having been through it before, patience is pushed and God help you if those dates delay because it's enough to make you permanently twitch (okay, at least until it's delivered). Keep refreshing that MyTesla page simply because you seriously want your car - because it's NOT going to help speed up the process one iota. Breathe. Advice given, but certainly not followed by myself. Note that deliveries this year seem to be a lot faster than they were last year.

Best of luck!

OUCH!
My 100D order placed on April 4 and slated for late May/Early June delivery was just updated on My Tesla page. It now says estimated delivery is June/Early July. This is a full one month slip from previous estimates. This coupled with the earlier observations by myself and others that no 100's have been built recently makes me wonder what is going on with them.

Last edited:
OUCH!
My 100D order placed on April 4 and slated for late May/Early June delivery was just updated on My Tesla page. It now says estimated delivery is June/Early July. This is a full one month slip from previous estimates. This coupled with the earlier observations by myself and others that no 100's have been built recently makes me wonder what is going on with them.

I ordered a day after you but still see late May - June. Wondering if/when that will change. :(