Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My status just changed to "Your Tesla is being prepared for delivery" from "....in transit from the factory". Does that indicated its arrived at my local service/delivery center?
Mine went from "in production" to "estimated delivery" overnight. I contacted my DS when he saw that and he said verbally "it's being prepared for delivery". So, I don't think anyone really knows. But after that my "estimated delivery" changed 3 times in one day.

My DS says my car is here on its way to Columbus, OH. Anyone see any MS' coming in I-70 eastbound?

Here is my aggregation of the various lists I’ve seen. Most of it is confirming numbers, feature, finish. Some of this is specific to my order. Modify as per your order. I find having the check list means that you don’t miss something in the excitement of wanting to just jump in and drive off.

After going through all that the only issue I found was small spot of glue on the paint behind the rear driver side door below the chrome which they cleaned immediately

• Make sure VIN matches paperwork
  • Correct battery capcity and AWD
  • Correct paint finish
  • Correct Wheels

INTERIOR
(As ordered)
  • Black
  • Black Tesla Seats
  • Figured Ash Wood Décor
  • Integrated Center Console
  • Black Alcantara Headliner

CHARGING

• Supercharger Enabled High
  • High Amperage Charger

OPTIONS
(As ordered)
  • Enhanced Autopilot Premium Upgrades
  • Package Smart Air Suspension
  • Subzero Weather Package

Set up for Usage:
  • Tesla App
  • Bluetooth
  • Slacker username/pass word
  • It charges with UMC (plug it in on site to verify)
  • Tire pressure (see door)
  • Latest software version 17.22.46

Included Accessories:

• Phone bracket/ cables
  • Two key fobs
  • Front and rear floor mats
  • Chrome ‘Tesla’ license plate frame (check the frunk if you can’t find it)
  • Front license plate mount (check the frunk if you can’t find it)
  • Universal Mobile Connector (UMC) cable with standard adapters and carry bag 1. J1772 adapter 2. NEMA 5-15 110V adapter 3. NEMA 14-50 240V adapter
  • License plates

Checking for Issues:

• No Dirt under clear coat
  • No Scratches in paint
  • No Frayed headliner
  • No Wheel scrapes
  • No Tire scrapes (sidewall damaged)
  • Dash
  • Seats
  • Chrome around windows
  • Bumpers
  • Mirrors fold and unfold
  • Glove box
  • Front and rear trunk including alignment
  • All glass /windshield/ lights
  • Charge cover
  • Door handles work
  • Doors aligned
  • Door open and close smooth
  • Sunroof
I would also have them set Slacker to High Bit rate.

delivery appointment scheduled and confirmed for tomorrow 9am!!

ordered 90D: 5/29
confirmed: 6/5
in production: 6/22
scheduled pick-up in fremont: 6/29

Here is my aggregation of the various lists I’ve seen. Most of it is confirming numbers, feature, finish. Some of this is specific to my order. Modify as per your order. I find having the check list means that you don’t miss something in the excitement of wanting to just jump in and drive off.

thanks for posting this checklist, so helpful. i'm going to keep this on my phone and go through each point when we take delivery tomorrow.

Reactions: mhp_
i see. yeah that makes sense. not bad i suppose. tomorrow is my confirmation date. that sounded weird lol. cant wait to get my hands on my MS! ive been dreaming of it for soooo long. only really started looking into it a month ago, and i was shocked at the difference between even last years' model and then years. especially with the enhanced autopilot. i'm so excited!

Reactions: nico180
Picking up my Model S 100D tomorrow!
Ordered: 5/19
Confirmed: 5/27 with late June to July delivery
Delayed on 6/6 to: July to early August
Entered production: 6/14
Delivery estimate back to late June early July: 6/16 (DS called and suggested booking delivery appt for 6//29)
Car arrived at service center: 6/22 (was ready Monday but Ive bee out of town, killing me!)
Pickup: tomorrow!

Great forums been reading for weeks, a little nervous about my end of quarter delivery......

Reactions: HumanGenome
Picking up my Model S 100D tomorrow!
Ordered: 5/19
Confirmed: 5/27 with late June to July delivery
Delayed on 6/6 to: July to early August
Entered production: 6/14
Delivery estimate back to late June early July: 6/16 (DS called and suggested booking delivery appt for 6//29)
Car arrived at service center: 6/22 (was ready Monday but Ive bee out of town, killing me!)
Pickup: tomorrow!

Great forums been reading for weeks, a little nervous about my end of quarter delivery......

Took delivery on 3/24 of Model S70. Ordered 2/29 or so. Car has been great, though AP has some issues that need checked out ( no lane change, drifting right within lane). Financed through Alliant with rep. Mark Wooster (773-462-2166; [email protected]) who made the process very simple and quick.
I can second that Mark Wooster was an excellent resource at Alliant. Made the process simple and easy.