Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Judging from the spreadsheet, even though it can only provide fuel for speculation, I'd say that it looks like mid to late June orders are starting to be built any day now (depending on delivery location). They do appear to batch cars together for ease of production and delivery. My confirmation was 7/16 but still have a September - early October delivery estimate. My DS said the target date was closer to mid-September for my car's delivery. I'll just keep refreshing My Tesla once an hour until then. 8)

Reactions: Rossy
If you are wondering about timing look through this thread for the spreadsheet. Generally 1st month of quarter = non US builds (so they can be shipped and delivered before end of quarter). 2nd and 3rd month of each quarter are US builds. They usually try to get all orders up to the last 3 weeks of the quarter out before the end of the quarter....at least before the Model 3.

I do see the international orders go out first and it seems the higher end models are next. I have also heard that some colors can delay production. I am still on the list for late August/early Sept.

Also as the standard equipment spec changed in the interim, perhaps having to integrate the change into the assembly process might delay production? IE having to build to the old spec.

Judging from the spreadsheet, even though it can only provide fuel for speculation, I'd say that it looks like mid to late June orders are starting to be built any day now (depending on delivery location). They do appear to batch cars together for ease of production and delivery. My confirmation was 7/16 but still have a September - early October delivery estimate. My DS said the target date was closer to mid-September for my car's delivery. I'll just keep refreshing My Tesla once an hour until then. 8)

Yes it does look like the international orders are given preference for accounting purposes.
50 days now since confirmation. The spread sheet shows a few that long but it is on the long end for sure.
Should be soon I would expect.

New Tesla Model S owner and EV driver since 2011 (2 volts),
Felt like I was picking up a Chevy instead of Tesla Model S.
No welcoming card. No goody bag. Car looked like it was rushed through a car wash, Still wet in places with dirt smudges
along the side panels and rear hatch. So my expectations of entering special family are gone. Waited 4 years for my special time and the presentation and special feeling on delivery was missing. I guess Tesla is gearing up for the mass produced Model 3's and are streamlining delivery,
My family and friends were disappointed as well.

So I now I have a chip on my shoulder and the rest of the day went downhill.
One of the local owners in Dallas suggested the Opticoating and handed me a card of the person who did his work,

Was going to ask where you took delivery. Read post and found Dallas. Sorry to hear about this. Hope things get better, waiting to get a X in Oregon.

Is this a 4.3s S75?

I'm pretty sure it should be, but I haven't actually tested it to verify. I seem to recall that the change to 0-60 times was made right around when my order was confirmed. My (now former :/) owner advisor said I would be getting the upgrade, and the drive unit is DU01 which is what current RWD vehicles are being equipped with.

Woot! 2 weeks from production to delivery. Thx for the update. Where did you take delivery?

I took delivery in Las Vegas Nevada. It took forever (to me, at least) to begin production, but it went pretty quickly after that.

• Informative
Reactions: Rossy