Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It puzzles me why people want more than 40A charging at home. It would seem that overnight charging at 30 miles per hour is entirely adequate.
I was debating whether to put the Tesla Wall Connector or just an outlet in my garage and decided to go with the Wall Connector, not so much because of the higher Amps, but mostly for convenience: I prefer keeping the Mobile Connector in the trunk and not pulling it out every day. And a second Mobile Connector would cost me more than the Tesla Wall Connector. So for me, it costs about the same if not cheaper to install the Wall Connector rather than an outlet with an extra cable.

Last edited:
Man!!!! I feel for you. I have been reading your posts and how you have been running pillar to post....Kudos to you for hanging in there. I would have bought another car with this kind of experience. Hopefully when you get the car this will be a bad dream!

I appreciate it man. The manager isn't there to do anything to help me, the finance guy informed me that my credit score dropped because my only debt was my previous car and when I paid it off it hurt my score..... Which is astounding. I would think paying on time for my previous car and never having credit card debt would be a good thing, but that is not the case. I contacted my DS and asked for the email finalizing what my payments would be, the financed amount and such. They incorrectly quoted 3.49% and it was actually 3.99% and still a higher deposit. At this point, I either have to suck it up and pay or refuse pickup. Because my credit has now been ran about 3 times, when I asked how my credit score would be affected, they said it's going to drop because of all the applications they've done. So absolutely nothing has changed besides time and I paid off my vehicle to buy theirs. My patience seems to have f*cked me.

I appreciate it man. The manager isn't there to do anything to help me, the finance guy informed me that my credit score dropped because my only debt was my previous car and when I paid it off it hurt my score..... Which is astounding. I would think paying on time for my previous car and never having credit card debt would be a good thing, but that is not the case. I contacted my DS and asked for the email finalizing what my payments would be, the financed amount and such. They incorrectly quoted 3.49% and it was actually 3.99% and still a higher deposit. At this point, I either have to suck it up and pay or refuse pickup. Because my credit has now been ran about 3 times, when I asked how my credit score would be affected, they said it's going to drop because of all the applications they've done. So absolutely nothing has changed besides time and I paid off my vehicle to buy theirs. My patience seems to have f*cked me.

I've been following the saga of your customer service nightmare. As far as the finance stuff goes, what was the timeline? Did you have an official 0.99% offer from the Regional Credit Analyst which then expired?

I just received word today, my car will be ready for pickup next Friday (9/22) WOOT!!! Worked out electrical to garage and will install NEMA 14-50 ahead of schedule; thanks in part to a friend who happens to be a certified electrician. Expect to install Tesla wall charger, which will then be plugged into NEMA outlet.
Telsa HPWC connects directly to circuit breaker , I have seen 3rd party chargers that plug in

What about leasing it at this point. Has to be better than these finance rates.

Well guys. I bit the bullet. I took the 3.99%. I had called a ton of managers to find out what happened and why did I get so screwed but it came down to running my application a lot and the fact that I have no debt. The only debt I had was my previous car and I paid it off and sold it to buy this one which hurt my score, since they want to see debt. I figure I'll refinance in 6 month or so for a better apr or something but I wouldn't get my 2500 back. As for the car it was an hour and 20 drive home and I enjoyed it. The car is the only reason why I put up with so much haha. The autopilot is working and obviously it's gonna take time to become perfect but I tried it on the freeway after I got home and it was working fine.
When I went for pickup the DS originally didn't come to say hi or anything but instead I was informed someone else would take care of me. Eventually she came out to greet me as she saw I'm not a terrible monster and I hadn't been rude to her this entire experience.
Ordered 7/10 conf 7/13. Went to prod 8/17. Out of prod 9/4. Pickup 9/12. Black s 75 premium FSD and ap 2.5. I did NOT get the air suspension. I did receive the newer backseats. I did receive heated seats for free. I did receive the showroom discount.
The car unfortunately has deep scratches in the windshield and I was told they will get it replaced/taken care of but I'd have to drive to Buena Park.(45 min drive). as for making up the terrible service I was told I can get 1 free detail(no where near what I believe). So I plan to send emails to the manager and escalating it up through tesla now that I finally have that option.

Thank you guys for putting up with my terrible experience and I'll be updating on here still.

Well guys. I bit the bullet. I took the 3.99%. I had called a ton of managers to find out what happened and why did I get so screwed but it came down to running my application a lot and the fact that I have no debt. The only debt I had was my previous car and I paid it off and sold it to buy this one which hurt my score, since they want to see debt. I figure I'll refinance in 6 month or so for a better apr or something but I wouldn't get my 2500 back. As for the car it was an hour and 20 drive home and I enjoyed it. The car is the only reason why I put up with so much haha. The autopilot is working and obviously it's gonna take time to become perfect but I tried it on the freeway after I got home and it was working fine.
When I went for pickup the DS originally didn't come to say hi or anything but instead I was informed someone else would take care of me. Eventually she came out to greet me as she saw I'm not a terrible monster and I hadn't been rude to her this entire experience.
Ordered 7/10 conf 7/13. Went to prod 8/17. Out of prod 9/4. Pickup 9/12. Black s 75 premium FSD and ap 2.5. I did NOT get the air suspension. I did receive the newer backseats. I did receive heated seats for free. I did receive the showroom discount.
The car unfortunately has deep scratches in the windshield and I was told they will get it replaced/taken care of but I'd have to drive to Buena Park.(45 min drive). as for making up the terrible service I was told I can get 1 free detail(no where near what I believe). So I plan to send emails to the manager and escalating it up through tesla now that I finally have that option.

Thank you guys for putting up with my terrible experience and I'll be updating on here still.
Sorry to hear what you went through but how did you receive a showroom discount on a custom order?

No change in my status this morning but my delivery window just updated from Late October - November to September 24, 2017- October 8, 2017. Went into production on 9/9. Hopping I come out of production today or tomorrow. Very excited!

@iSpencerPRo: Really sorry to hear about your experience but glad you love the car. Not that this will get you anywhere but have your thought about tweeting at Elon? Not saying he would read it or necessarily care but he is the kind of CEO that would have someone look into it. What I'm trying to get at is if you tweeted at the Walmart CEO over your futon purchasing experience someone in mid level management would be laughing at you but Elon might take notice. He has a history of addressing customers on Twitter. Anyway, glad you love the car. You will be able to get it re-financed soon.

Reactions: iSpencerPRo
No change in my status this morning but my delivery window just updated from Late October - November to September 24, 2017- October 8, 2017. Went into production on 9/9. Hopping I come out of production today or tomorrow. Very excited!

@iSpencerPRo: Really sorry to hear about your experience but glad you love the car. Not that this will get you anywhere but have your thought about tweeting at Elon? Not saying he would read it or necessarily care but he is the kind of CEO that would have someone look into it. What I'm trying to get at is if you tweeted at the Walmart CEO over your futon purchasing experience someone in mid level management would be laughing at you but Elon might take notice. He has a history of addressing customers on Twitter. Anyway, glad you love the car. You will be able to get it re-financed soon.

Interesting. I went into production 9/8 and my tesla still showing October/November but my DS thinks end of September.

ispencerpro: sucks what you had to go through. Shows you can't run your loan application until you have delivery date within the 30 day wincdow but then your buying a car not knowing if your going to get the rate offered. Just sucks.

I'm now also member of the "Tesla Communication mishaps, lies and inconsistency" victim program. We gather every Tuesday.

So I've ordered my new car. But I specifically asked: Will it be there in November? I really really need it in November.

"Yes, no problem", "Yes early november, maybe mid". "Don't worry, just make the down payment". Etc.

Are you sure?

'"YES, GO AND ORDER THE CAR"

And so I did. And then, "November" became "End of November". It became "December". After that it was "Late December"

And now, it's "Early 2018"

So, I'm out of a car by november and have to rent a car for the period between November and delivery. Sucks

Your scenario is certainly a puzzling one. Ordering before Jul 22 means you don't get air suspension as standard, which seem to be correct. Heated front seats are standard, so unless you received a sub-zero package that includes REAR heated seats and heated steering wheel, no change there. Now, showroom discount is even more puzzling as that is normally only applied to an inventory model, not custom built. Also, how are you verifying that you actually have the latest AP hardware?

Following your 'adventure' has certainly been interesting in terms of twists and turns and I'm glad it worked out in the end. My process has gone smoother and I pick up next Monday after a 42 day start to finish timeline, so I don't really have anything to complain about.

So, life goes on... the folks that take delivery will mostly leave this particular delivery update thread and move on to other threads about driving, road trips, charging, etc. I'm going to miss you guys.... :)

1 thing that stick out to me in the comment was how I got showroom discount???. Because I ordered prior to SAS(standard air suspension) & the change in the premium pacakage(before it included heated seats). So I got what I ordered plus heated seats(I haven't checked for heated steering wheel)

As for the applying, wait u til a week before pickup. I applied 30 days ahead of my original pickup and because my order was delayed I had to redo things but because it essentially ran my score 3-4 times(the sales manager messed up and had to redo it again...) it hurt my score to where I'd get a higher tier. I was tier 1/2 and according to banks those applications placed me in a 5/6... I was extremely upset but what can I do, ya know?
Hopefully I'll get the new windshield quickly and the manager can come up with some solution.

My DS has confirmed that my car is in “general assembly” and should be completed by the end of the week. Does anyone know if the “general assembly” is before or after the paintwork? Just curious.

Pretty sure they paint first. Kind of hard to to put equipment and other items in car, and still be able to give it a bath in all those chemicals and still get a mediocre paint job.:)

Reactions: DriveMe
How do you guys know the stages of your car? I ordered mine 8/25 and confirmed 8/28. My sales rep says it will be done by the end of September but it doesn't say its in production or anything on the website. It just says sheduled. Thanks. I'm in Nevada and could easily take delivery in Fremont so maybe they are building cars for nearby delivery last?