Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am going to assume mine has arrived at the service center. I am scheduled to pick up today at 5 PM and its 1 PM now. yesterday my DS said it was enroute to the location and was local and said picking up today would still be a go. I have not heard otherwise so I am praying all is well.

It was supposedly built. 02/28-03/04 ish. It went in transit status immediately when it was finished. However I am not sure the car really left the factory until just recently.

I believe in a past post you stated your delivery date was later this week? It may not have arrived at the SC yet due to the scheer volume of cars needed to be delivered and the limited parking spaces some have.

Edit: Looked back and you stated your date is 03/24 Tentative. My guess is our cars were delivered to a central hub location. And then are being brought on trucks to the SC as needed depending on the delivery dates.
My car was supposed to arrive 3/19 or 3/20 to the highland park SC, which is why we set a tentative delivery date for 3/24. However if it arrived yesterday or today they were supposed to move me up to pick up on wednesday or thursday since I'm doing express delivery.

@ILzappy, I wouldn’t assume anything. Call them now to confirm. Unless the car was being prepped elsewhere and then was enroute to your SC yesterday, doesn’t seem like enough time to have you take delivery today. Either way, I’d call to confirm. Nothing worse than showing up and getting an “Oops, sorry...” welcome.

@ILzappy, I wouldn’t assume anything. Call them now to confirm. Unless the car was being prepped elsewhere and then was enroute to your SC yesterday, doesn’t seem like enough time to have you take delivery today. Either way, I’d call to confirm. Nothing worse than showing up and getting an “Oops, sorry...” welcome.

Maybe I am not aware of what they all do to prep the vehicle for delivery.... but if the car arrived yesterday afternoon and I am picking it up at 5 PM today how would that not be enough time to prep to deliver a car? Barring any major issues (body damage etc that could be deal breakers on day 1)

I already have my paperwork uploaded to my account to sign today..... I assume they would then simply inspect clean and deliver the car? (What a normal dealer considers a PDI).

Does It normally takes them over 9 hours to wash/clean/inspect each car??? If that is the case then most everyone here waiting on a delivery before quarters end will not receive their car.

Edit: If I am truly wrong and they do a ton more that causes major delays during prepping for delivery please let me know.

Maybe I am not aware of what they all do to prep the vehicle for delivery.... but if the car arrived yesterday afternoon and I am picking it up at 5 PM today how would that not be enough time to prep to deliver a car? Barring any major issues (body damage etc that could be deal breakers on day 1)

I already have my paperwork uploaded to my account to sign today..... I assume they would then simply inspect clean and deliver the car? (What a normal dealer considers a PDI).

Does It normally takes them over 9 hours to wash/clean/inspect each car??? If that is the case then most everyone here waiting on a delivery before quarters end will not receive their car.

Edit: If I am truly wrong and they do a ton more that causes major delays during prepping for delivery please let me know.

I was told it was 6 hours to prep the car.

I have my paperwork all done also. However the account page still says I need to set up appointment.

I did that with the DA a month ago. Do I need to worry about anything here.

I don't think so. It does appear as many have stated the account page is an entirely manual process. I think one person here said they are picking up tomorrow, but their page still shows in production.

I believe the initial appointment is just an estimate. My first appointment was 03/27. But then I was advised it was arriving sooner than expected. So my appointment was moved up to 03/20. And yesterday when I spoke to the DS it was confirmed that today would be fine.

You’ve been concerned about it from your previous replies so I was just saying to call one last time to confirm. Car being enroute yesterday could def be fine for delivery today, but again, things could go wrong with timing so why not call?

Either way, I hope you do indeed get it today and that it’s pristine!

Reactions: WINGIT
I don't think so. It does appear as many have stated the account page is an entirely manual process. I think one person here said they are picking up tomorrow, but their page still shows in production.

I believe the initial appointment is just an estimate. My first appointment was 03/27. But then I was advised it was arriving sooner than expected. So my appointment was moved up to 03/20. And yesterday when I spoke to the DS it was confirmed that today would be fine.
So did your car arrive? :)

I was told it took at least 2 days.

:\

They spent approx 2 days making sure the car is in delivery conditions.

I would be very worried if it only took 6 hours especially at the vol. they need to take care of.

The Benz E300 i also leased which came right off the truck as well, took 2 days to prep.
Yes you are correct, I was referring to the actual man hours required once they get to it.

Any updates on delivery?

Car was delivered last night as expected. The center was swamped with cars. They had to bring over extra people from another store to help. Also the DS confirmed I have the new MCU. 3 other deliveries were going on while I was there.

Everything seems smooth and fast. I do have a slight wind noise from the passenger side door area. Can't feel any air but its noticeable at 45-60 MPH. I checked the seals etc and couldnt see anything glaring. Car also has a very slight pull to the right. I have a service appointment set for Monday to drop it off. Not super happy about that wind noise, but other than that the car was flawless. No body issues what so ever.