Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was driving past the Tesla store and saw the transport truck - my car was right on top. My status is now "Preparing Vehicle for Delivery" and we are confirmed for delivery this Friday!View attachment 299400
Just finished my delivery - car was in great shape, no defects or quality issues and the delivery team was very helpful with all of my questions. Very pleased with the experience and thrilled to finally have my new car!

• Love
Reactions: Red5StandingBy
To S, or to X. That is the Question! Today is the drop dead date the sales people are giving me to switch my order from a Model S to a Model X. Keeping all the same options is only 5000.00 more. Those devious sales people even went so far and let me do a overnight loner of a Model X and now I'm torn. My family was wow'ed by the features of the X. I really like the looks of the S. It's a coin toss now. Waiting to get the call from my sales agent. What to do!

To S, or to X. That is the Question! Today is the drop dead date the sales people are giving me to switch my order from a Model S to a Model X. Keeping all the same options is only 5000.00 more. Those devious sales people even went so far and let me do a overnight loner of a Model X and now I'm torn. My family was wow'ed by the features of the X. I really like the looks of the S. It's a coin toss now. Waiting to get the call from my sales agent. What to do!
Great first world problem to have. I’m with you on the better looking S.

Will they promise the same delivery timeline?

I love the looks of the Model S a lot more, but the X has more of a wow factor. Do you have kids? then maybe the X as I have seen it is easier to get small children in and out. Does range matter I think the model S has a little bit more range at each battery level.

Great first world problem to have. I’m with you on the better looking S.

Will they promise the same delivery timeline?
That will be one of the questions when Richard calls me back. Daniel thinks that today is the last day for a June delivery. After that they anticipate that the rates will go up for July deliveries. I'm 6'9" and it is easier to enter the X. My wife loves the view. I'll be losing 22 miles of range but there are plenty of chargers. We have a bolt with 240 miles of range and that works just fine. Looking forward to hear when you get your ride.

I love the looks of the Model S a lot more, but the X has more of a wow factor. Do you have kids? then maybe the X as I have seen it is easier to get small children in and out. Does range matter I think the model S has a little bit more range at each battery level.
Kids are grown, range really isn't a issue. Several friends said that for only 5K more it's a no brainer to go for the X. Both cars look good but I like the look of the S a little better. I'm on the tall side so the X is more practical.

That will be one of the questions when Richard calls me back. Daniel thinks that today is the last day for a June delivery. After that they anticipate that the rates will go up for July deliveries. I'm 6'9" and it is easier to enter the X. My wife loves the view. I'll be losing 22 miles of range but there are plenty of chargers. We have a bolt with 240 miles of range and that works just fine. Looking forward to hear when you get your ride.
If you’re 6’9” I think the X is your ride. I’m hoping to go onto production on Monday

Personally I also considered the X at first. It would have been more practical but I always have loved the look of the S. I really feel like most people love the S but when I mention the X to friends and co-workers its a mix bag. Some say it looks like an Egg, others say its too much like a minivan. Its tough call but when I was deciding back in March someone glued an egg to a hot wheels car and left it on my desk. That made my mind up..... I'm sure the X forums would disagree though. ;)

Biased given the forum we’re in, but I faced the same dilemma. I’m 6’ 5” and have had an S since Dec 2012. I was considering switching to an X, but decided against it. The overall build quality and reliability of the X just doesn’t seem to be there. Also less of a fan of the looks. If you are a spirited driver, the S handles better — especially in corners.

Plus, the S with glass roof eliminates the ceiling bar going down the middle which definitely helps a bit.

That is an easy decision for me, an S. If you should ask my wife, yet another easy decision, X. I personally love the long, low sedan.

Reactions: ScubaMal
That is an easy decision for me, an S. If you should ask my wife, yet another easy decision, X. I personally love the long, low sedan.

I was a M3 reservation holder. Reserved May of 2016. It was a good size car for us at the time of the reservation. As the kids grew and the wait got longer, I realized the M3 was not going to work.

Made the call to go with an S after my delivery estimate for the M3 was pushed back into 2019 and my Sequoia broke the 200k mileage barrier.

My wife didn't care about it much until the test drive. She fell in love with AP. Now she is as excited as me.