Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh, that's brutal. Only thing I can think of is something was caught during quality check. Has your DS contacted you?

Yeah, they said "maybe" last week of November delivery. Emphasized the "maybe". But their updates always seemed to be behind the my tesla page, although I have -no- delivery estimate on that page. December estimate has been showing on the order page from the week before I ordered all the way to today, seems like they're trying to squeeze a lot of deliveries into Q4.

Iwonder what is going on - mine was order conf 10/9 and is still in build status. There are people who also live in southern CA with VIN numbers later than mine who have delivery scheduled. Have tried to contact DS without success at the CostaMesadelivery center - waiting for his call back.

VIN#115043 just clicked over into Production!! Only 9 days since Order Confirmation!! Boy, that was WAY faster than last year....... Woo-Hoo!!

Are you saying you are in production, not production queue? My P90D appears to be almost identical to yours except for a silver instead of red color. It was confirmed Oct 14 as VIN#112745 and is still in production queue. Do you have special pull with Tesla or are all cars with silver paint (or some other option) being held for some reason?

Are you saying you are in production, not production queue? My P90D appears to be almost identical to yours except for a silver instead of red color. It was confirmed Oct 14 as VIN#112745 and is still in production queue. Do you have special pull with Tesla or are all cars with silver paint (or some other option) being held for some reason?

In Production
"In Production - The Tesla Factory is building your Model S."

Don't know. I'd like to say I called my brother-in-law Elon, but such is not the case. The day after confirmation, I was told I would be a mid-December delivery (penciled in for Dec 16). Haven't heard anything new from the DS since going into Production....

In Production
"In Production - The Tesla Factory is building your Model S."

Don't know. I'd like to say I called my brother-in-law Elon, but such is not the case. The day after confirmation, I was told I would be a mid-December delivery (penciled in for Dec 16). Haven't heard anything new from the DS since going into Production....

Does your my tesla page mention the date next to the "pick up" location?

My configure was 90d metallic silver with Navigation package, air suspension, upgraded sound, pano roof, 19" wheel, grey next Gen seats with carbon fiber decor, white alcantara.With delivery to Costa Mesa center

Pretty close to mine including the delivery location. So the differences between ours are headliner color, decor, and wheels.

So, if it is a supply chain issue then it seems it would be a shortage of one of the following:

- Carbon fiber decor
- White Alcantara
- 19" wheel.

- - - Updated - - -

Midnight Silver Metallic is different than (regular) Silver Metallic. Tesla took about a 6 month hiatus from building Silver Metallic and there could be a delay with starting them up again.

ah ok, I did not know that. Could be paint too then

Pretty close to mine including the delivery location. So the differences between ours are headliner color, decor, and wheels.

So, if it is a supply chain issue then it seems it would be a shortage of one of the following:

- Carbon fiber decor
- White Alcantara
- 19" wheel.

- - - Updated - - -

ah ok, I did not know that. Could be paint too then

Not that it super scientific, but I don't think its the carbon fiber.
I ordered the same day as you, and am only a couple hundred off your VIN and although I am still in production on the my.tesla, over the weekend it did tighten up the expected delivery to 11/12 - 11/26.