Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you very much! Now I just need to know if it's possible to drive from Cali to Houston,TX on the SuperChargers.. Is there a supercharger trip planner somewhere im not seeing..?

There isn't really any planning required when you're on the Supercharger network. That's kind of the point. :) The car will tell you when you can leave the Supercharger to get to the next one on the route. Leave it charging for two or three minutes more if you like to have more of a buffer.

Yes, there are Superchargers from California to Houston, TX. Another poster mentioned Tesla's map, see also

supercharge.info

The site is tracking not just open Superchargers but ones under construction and sites where someone has found a permit for construction. Clicking on a site shows a popup with useful info and links.

Congratulations!
That is the same configuration I ordered Nov 9 except that It will be a 90D. Dual chargers also ordered. Mine is in the production queue. The wait is killing me. Tomorrow I am going to the opening of the new Calgary store. My sales advisor and possibly the DS will be there. I will have questions to ask!

Wife and I ordered our second S90D in Multi-Coat Red and order confirmed on Nov 9th. MyTesla page says it went into production at factory today.

I also ordered the CF spoiler off of Amazon for $290 USD shipped. Have the spoiler on our blue S90D already and another spoiler sitting in the garage for the red S90D. Hopefully your S90D goes into production soon.

first day, first contact tesla error message.

I came back to the car after being in Home Depot and a message was on the screen that said something along the lines of "auto convenience features disabled. contact tesla service." I did and the woman said the SC would have to call me within 24-48 hours. After driving to my next stop, getting out, and back in, the issue had resolved itself.

It did that same behavior 1 more time but has been fine since.

Wife and I ordered our second S90D in Multi-Coat Red and order confirmed on Nov 9th. MyTesla page says it went into production at factory.

Wow! Second Tesla! I'm impressed. No way could I justify getting two. We have a Leaf for our second car, and intend to keep it as long as we need two cars. Ha. I had trouble justifying the cost of one Tesla. Since I am nearing retirement, I'll never have as much money to spend as I do now, so I thought "If not now, when?" The other rationalization was considering that while it costs 4 times as much as the Leaf, it goes 4 times as far on a charge. I've done some long distance travelling with the Leaf, level 2 charging only, and it is somewhat inconvenient, to say the least. The Tesla will replace a Highlander Hybrid for our frequent trips from Edmonton to Vancouver. There are superchargers all the way. We also plan the occasional cross country trips using mainly the Sun Country Highway charging network.

Maybe when the Model S finally comes I will understand how one can justify having two. That is a lot to pay for transportation.

If you look at the order tracking spreadsheet, the last 10 vehicles that completed production were completed in ~7 days. There are a few outliers. Ones that complete faster are probably the last car for a shipment and they are trying to get it through to fill a truck. Ones that take some time, I suspect, are due to part constraint or an issue found during inspection that needed to be addressed.

My car moved over to production complete and in transit yesterday (11/19). My DS called me and told me that it was already on a train too and on its way over. Woo-hoo! Still have that mid-December delivery estimate but may show up sooner. Time to order the chademo adapter and talk to xpel installers.

My car moved over to production complete and in transit yesterday (11/19). My DS called me and told me that it was already on a train too and on its way over. Woo-hoo! Still have that mid-December delivery estimate but may show up sooner. Time to order the chademo adapter and talk to xpel installers.

jborak - hope your delivery time to NJ is quicker than mine. Picking up in Springfield tomorrow. While the wait has been long, I'm very excited that the day is almost here.

Hope you have a wonderful delivery day!

How long did transit take for your car? I'm guessing it was moved by rail. My DS told me that their actual expected date is earlier than what they are providing to me in My Tesla, but that it's subject to weather, etc.. so they budget more time to be conservative. Which model did you get?

jborak - hope your delivery time to NJ is quicker than mine. Picking up in Springfield tomorrow. While the wait has been long, I'm very excited that the day is almost here.