Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You guys in the US don't know how good you have it. Within days of the car leaving production, you know when you're getting the car. Mine is going to Norway, so no such luck. I still only have the estimated late november/early december delivery from Tesla...

'course, being me, I'm actually tracking the ship it's on (M/V Oberon) across the Atlantic as we speak; as of eleven hours ago, it was in the eastern atlantic, west off the coast of Portugal and France, on its way to the channel.

I'm telling you, it's the waiting that kills ya...

What are you using to support the weight of the UMC. It looks like you have the Tesla holder for the cable and the plug, but what about that black support for the heavy piece?

This little UMC bracket is great, sold through the TMC forum online market. 3D printed, sturdy. The UMC body is surprisingly light, but does put just a small tug on the outlet that I don't like.

http://www.panjo.com/buy/organize-your-umc-wall-bracket-for-charging-cable-controller-222393?index=4&internalReferral=subpanjo_feed

Raz:
The waiting is a great part of the experience. Nothing good comes easy or quickly. In the meantime, you can get the new "Tesla's Nest" ready.

Problem is that we're also in the process of moving; not going to install anything at the old place, and the new place doesn't have power run to the parking spot. I'll have to make that a case for the owner's meeting next year. Luckily there are public chargers literally a stone's throw from the front door, free of charge, so charging is a non-issue.

Pickup is set for tomorrow @Noon in Devon, Pa. Woo-Hoo!!

Having gone through this twice now, I am somewhat amazed at how much faster the process was than a year ago. Order to Delivery was only 4 weeks, compared to over 10 weeks last year. Just a guess, but I'm attributing some of that to 1) Most folks would rather wait until Spring for a new car (less factory backlog), and 2) Many would rather wait a little while longer to be able to say they have a 2016 model. Since I'm leasing this time, neither of these was much of a concern for me.

Also, FYI, the trade-in process was pretty painless. Alliance Inspection Company showed up at my house to inspect my current 2014 Classic S85 and take pictures. Within a day, I had a final bid to buy the car. Tesla coordinated the whole thing.

Next time you see me, I'll be Auto-Piloting down the PA Turnpike...... :biggrin:

Got her yesterday!!! Ordered at the end of Aug for a Dec delivery. I'm not complaining that she came sooner. I named my girl "Friday"

85D, Deep Blue Metallic, Pano, Grey Next Gen, Piano Black, UHFS, Cold Weather. I have the BlackVue 650 that needs to be installed and the Carbon Fiber Spoiler on it's way. Tsportlines will go on with Summer Tires around mid-May

View attachment 101412

View attachment 101413

I remember that garage! From one Tesla CO owner to another, congrats on the new car!

I guess I'm in the final stages of production, because I now have a 2-week window for delivery. 11/30 - 12/14. I've heard from others in the area that I should see that shorten to a one week window once the car is in transit to Portland, Oregon. It looks like production will officially complete later today or tomorrow, giving me an 8 or 9 day production time. Getting closer -- and even more excited.

I guess I'm in the final stages of production, because I now have a 2-week window for delivery. 11/30 - 12/14. I've heard from others in the area that I should see that shorten to a one week window once the car is in transit to Portland, Oregon. It looks like production will officially complete later today or tomorrow, giving me an 8 or 9 day production time. Getting closer -- and even more excited.

Both times I got my cars My Tesla said that my car was being prepped for shipment and my car was actually in Portland.

Confirmed: 10/22, InProduction: Nov 6th, Transit: Nov 23rd

Delivery Estimate: 27th Nov to Dec 4th.

Based on the delivery estimate it looks like they are shipping by truck to Maryland. Talking to a driver who was unloading the cars at the Rockville service center, I understood that I takes three to four days to get here from California.

it would be sweet if I can pick my car this Saturday.

70D, Solid White, AP, Premium Interior, Next Gen Tan, Black Alcantara, Piano Black Decor.

Confirmed 10/1 requested Late November Delivery.
Production on Nov 4th
Transit Nov 16th Delivery estimate was 12/11-12/25 just updated today to be delivered to Rockville on 11/27-12/4 :biggrin:

85D Pearl White 19 cyclone everything except rear facing and smart air suspension

How long are people waiting in queue before going into production? I just Comfirmed yesterday and hoping to get it before I go out of town for Christmas.

8 days for me. I think that they are pushing production to get as many as possible out by the end of the year. This would be important to those who get rebates. No suuch thing where I live, but I am planning a road trip to the west coast just after Christmas so will be very happy to get the car by then.

90D, blue, pano, all other options except rear facing seats.

8 days for me. I think that they are pushing production to get as many as possible out by the end of the year. This would be important to those who get rebates. No suuch thing where I live, but I am planning a road trip to the west coast just after Christmas so will be very happy to get the car by then.

90D, blue, pano, all other options except rear facing seats.

I hope you are right! Enjoy your trip!

Switched to Production Complete

Just noticed that my MS 70D switched to production complete. Haven't been contacted by the DS yet with a more specific delivery date, but the estimate is about 5 - 6 weeks after ordering. :biggrin: Should have it well before Christmas.

VIN 115963 - Ordered 10/29, Confirmed 11/5, Production Started 11/18, Production Complete 11/25, Estimated Delivery 12/2 - 12/9 to the Villa Park, IL Service Center
70D, Black Metallic, Pano Roof, 19" wheels, next gen seats, carbon décor, auto pilot enabled, premium interior and subzero package.